Days since Piggot scored

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Days since Piggot scored

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

He's just another in a long line of pony orient strikers. Lets just move on and hope he gets shipped out in the summer like Drinnan.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:29 am
redintheface wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:11 am
BIGRON wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:43 am Pigott had no service at all Tuesday , he was no worse than the rest ☹️
100%. Sad, but unsurprising scapegoating exercise.
You can’t put the blame on Pigott,the fault lies with the club. Wellens knows what he wants from his players in the respect of how they play and what’s expected of them. A massive own goal (pardon the pun) as far as I’m concerned. This so called transfer process is the biggest load of rubbish as far as i see it,you only have to look at the last window debacle imo. Too many chiefs involved. Should be left up to Wellens and possibly his assistant to make the final say. With a club like ours you can’t afford to make that many mistakes as far as finances are concerned. Not only was Pigott a mistake but this new CB,the two children signed in the last window, Sanders has been on the physio table more than the pitch and Graham is a crock,that’s why other clubs never signed him. Sure we have signed some very good players but the right ones in the right positions ? We didn’t sign any forwards of note in summer and we haven’t got a really good attacking midfielder with an eye for goal. The club has to get at least 80% of its deals correct imo. I know many won’t agree with me.
In the case of Graham , he wasn't a crock . He had his pick of a number of clubs who wanted to sign him . He just got very unlucky to pick up a long term injury at Burton but before that he was 100% fit .
Ron Waffle
Fresh Alias

Post by Ron Waffle »

BIGRON wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:43 am Pigott had no service at all Tuesday , he was no worse than the rest ☹️
You can’t put the blame on Pigott,the fault lies with the club. Wellens knows what he wants from his players in the respect of how they play and what’s expected of them. A massive own goal (pardon the pun) as far as I’m concerned. This so called transfer process is the biggest load of rubbish as far as i see it,you only have to look at the last window debacle imo. Too many chiefs involved. Should be left up to Wellens and possibly his assistant to make the final say. With a club like ours you can’t afford to make that many mistakes as far as finances are concerned. Not only was Pigott a mistake but this new CB,the two children signed in the last window, Sanders has been on the physio table more than the pitch and Graham is a crock,that’s why other clubs never signed him. Sure we have signed some very good players but the right ones in the right positions ? We didn’t sign any forwards of note in summer and we haven’t got a really good attacking midfielder with an eye for goal. The club has to get at least 80% of its deals correct imo. I know many won’t agree with me.
That is what happens though. Assuming the club can meet the players contract / wage demands
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Ron Waffle wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:55 pm
That is what happens though. Assuming the club can meet the players contract / wage demands
Its demonstrably not though is it?
Ron Waffle
Fresh Alias

Post by Ron Waffle »

Errr, yes it is. Not sure how many more times this has to be gone over but just incase... Wellens states in which positions he is looking to add players, scouting team provide a list of potential suitable targets, Wellens selects his preferred choices from list, Dof and others sort financials of the deal.

Its quite straight forward really.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Ron Waffle wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:11 pm Errr, yes it is. Not sure how many more times this has to be gone over but just incase... Wellens states in which positions he is looking to add players, scouting team provide a list of potential suitable targets, Wellens selects his preferred choices from list, deals don't get done, Ling presents 6th choice option and Wellens told to take it or leave it, Dof and others sort financials of the deal.

Its quite straight forward really.
Fixed that for you.
Ron Waffle
Fresh Alias

Post by Ron Waffle »

Sigh, OK mate.
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

Hoover Attack wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:21 pm
Ron Waffle wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:11 pm Errr, yes it is. Not sure how many more times this has to be gone over but just incase... Wellens states in which positions he is looking to add players, scouting team provide a list of potential suitable targets, Wellens selects his preferred choices from list, deals don't get done, Ling presents 6th choice option and Wellens told to take it or leave it, Dof and others sort financials of the deal.

It’s quite straight forward really. Please bear in mind I can’t stand Ling by the way but he’s here for good, think I’ll change clubs like I usually do.
Fixed that for you.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Pigott is poor, end of

I think he was a panic buy. McGurk was going to sign, then he couldn't because of his heart problem, so we were left empty handed. Pigott was available, and he was brought in instead.
It'll never work for him here, so it's best all round is he's shipped out in the summer
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:08 pm Pigott is poor, end of

I think he was a panic buy. McGurk was going to sign, then he couldn't because of his heart problem, so we were left empty handed. Pigott was available, and he was brought in instead.
It'll never work for him here, so it's best all round is he's shipped out in the summer
We never "bought" Pigott he was a free agent after leaving Ipswich, We were never after Swindon's Sean McGurk it was Harry McKirdy who had heart issues.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Top of the JES wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:14 pm

We never "bought" Pigott he was a free agent after leaving Ipswich, We were never after Swindon's Sean McGurk it was Harry McKirdy who had heart issues.
I meant McKirdy, but I'm old and occasionally I get names mixed up
Pigott is still crap, which was the main jist of my post.
I bet you feel so superior for putting me right on the name
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:30 pm

Not as superior as you feel slagging off a man who is trying to earn a living, you’re a keyboard warrior
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

B.whitehouse+10more wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:34 pm

Not as superior as you feel slagging off a man who is trying to earn a living, you’re a keyboard warrior
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Pot Kettle :lol: :lol:
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Just correcting you, not the first time and probably not the last.
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Monkey Boy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:17 pm
B.whitehouse+10more wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:34 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Pot Kettle :lol: :lol:
Nice to see you still take an interest in me Thank you 🙂
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:07 pm He's just another in a long line of pony orient strikers. Lets just move on and hope he gets shipped out in the summer like Drinnan.
DRINAN
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Ron Waffle wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:43 pm Sigh, OK mate.
There is an interview up from Richie (or at least, there was) where he slams the recruitment process and the inadequate options he's presented with. Have a listen if you don't believe me.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:01 pm

Why? Because Wellens couldnt possibly pick a dud?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Long slender neck wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:58 am

Because of the two kids we brought in that Richie said he didn’t want?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:01 am

A deal for an experienced striker fell through.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Long slender neck wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:03 am
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:01 am

A deal for an experienced striker fell through.
Yeah, fine. But we still brought in players Richie didn’t sanction or want which goes directly against what Martin Waffle said
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

So he'd had prefered nothing? Even though they had intended to sign one of them anyway?
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Of course he could, there's always an element of risk, but he certainly seems to have more of an eye for a player than others in our recruitment team. It is noticeable how much better and how much more successful our transfers have been since Richie joined.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Long slender neck wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:07 am So he'd had prefered nothing? Even though they had intended to sign one of them anyway?
That's exactly the point. He wanted one senior striker to start games with one kid to come on and get some minutes and help out.

Failing to deliver a senior striker means we have to start one of the kids, or resort to Piggot.

Lingy f*cked up. There's an interview on line if you don't want to take my word for it.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Hoover Attack wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:09 am
Long slender neck wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:07 am So he'd had prefered nothing? Even though they had intended to sign one of them anyway?
That's exactly the point. He wanted one senior striker to start games with one kid to come on and get some minutes and help out.

Failing to deliver a senior striker means we have to start one of the kids, or resort to Piggot.

Lingy f*cked up. There's an interview on line if you don't want to take my word for it.
This time I’m happy Lingy f—ked up I’d rather of had Steven Hawkins playing upfront instead of Kelman, if that’s who they were bringing in? Just can’t believe Lingy f—ked up surly not🤔