Days since Piggot scored

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Days since Piggot scored

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

It has been 128 days since Piggot last scored at all

It has been 145 days since Piggot scored a league goal

This tally will be updated accordingly after each game :geek:
timothy
Fresh Alias

Re: Days since Piggot scored

Post by timothy »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:10 am It has been 128 days since Piggot last scored at all

Why?
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

A. To highlight how ineffective and out of his depth he is at League 1 level

B. To highlight how foolish it was for the DoF to bin off striking options in January and rely on him as one of the remaining strikers
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:10 am
sinnead-oconnor-nothing-compares-to-you-official-music-video.jpg
sinnead-oconnor-nothing-compares-to-you-official-music-video.jpg (9.56 KiB) Viewed 971 times
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

Not his biggest fan, but seems a tad unfair when he’s had very limited match time recently.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Maybe if he did some better football playing he'd get more match time?
cymruO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cymruO »

Watching on Tuesday I'd have to say that our midfield wasn't providing our up front players with shooting opportunities. Pigs spent most of his time going to get, rather than be given. Altogether there was far too much passing across and back followed by a hoofball - all of which got us nowhere.
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

cymruO wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:27 am Watching on Tuesday I'd have to say that our midfield wasn't providing our up front players with shooting opportunities. Pigs spent most of his time going to get, rather than be given. Altogether there was far too much passing across and back followed by a hoofball - all of which got us nowhere.
Then it is down to Wellens to remedy that.
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

Hoover Attack wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:57 am Maybe if he did some better football playing he'd get more match time?
How can he play better football when he’s not getting any match time ?
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:10 am It has been 128 days since Piggot last scored at all

Do you mean to say each time he plays ?
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

The boots on peg 24 in the dressing room have not been cleaned since Graham got injured, they are clearly visible during pre match interviews, I will update this after each interview, can’t be bothered to work out how many days or interviews that is but I’m sure there is a Geek on here who will 🙄
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

cymruO wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:27 am Watching on Tuesday I'd have to say that our midfield wasn't providing our up front players with shooting opportunities. Pigs spent most of his time going to get, rather than be given. Altogether there was far too much passing across and back followed by a hoofball - all of which got us nowhere.
I agree Pigott did work hard on Tuesday night but be doesn’t really carry much of a goal threat. I noticed last night how good Peterborough’s movement was in front of goal and then thought about how static we are with Pigott up front. I don’t want to keep digging him out all the time and hope he finds his goal scoring touch sooner rather than later. However, to be fair I don’t think the service he’s been given has been good enough. We’re really missing Graham and Archibald. Obviously we’re also missing Agyei.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Pigott had no service at all Tuesday , he was no worse than the rest ☹️
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

B.whitehouse+10more wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:40 am The boots on peg 24 in the dressing room have not been cleaned since Graham got injured, they are clearly visible during pre match interviews, I will update this after each interview, can’t be bothered to work out how many days or interviews that is but I’m sure there is a Geek on here who will 🙄
Richie said it’s doubtful we’ll be seeing Graham or Agyei again this season. With only eight games left of the season and our playoff chances shrinking I would rather we started thinking about next season anyway . I’m more than happy to have a comfortable mid table finish this season . It gives us a platform to work from for next season.
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

Happy to see Piggot in front of Edwards. Good to see the 2 subs ahead of Edwards. Played ok on Tuesday. I would have kept him on to the end - fancied him to break the deadlock.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

B.whitehouse+10more wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:32 am
Hoover Attack wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:57 am Maybe if he did some better football playing he'd get more match time?
How can he play better football when he’s not getting any match time ?
Try doing some good football in training?

Or could have tried doing some good football on Tuesday night when he was given match time?
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Orient Punxx wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:48 am Happy to see Piggot in front of Edwards. Good to see the 2 subs ahead of Edwards. Played ok on Tuesday. I would have kept him on to the end - fancied him to break the deadlock.
He really didn't.

There were literally one or two good moments of hold up play during the whole game but that was it.

Neither Piggot or Edwards are up to it. I wouldn't mind seeing Dan Adgyei mk2 back again next season, he definitely has something about him, might be worth giving him more game time to help that happen. Forde is likely to go so would be a good season long replacement.
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

This thread is nonsence. He has hardly played. very unfair. Support the players instead of making fun
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

BIGRON wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:43 am Pigott had no service at all Tuesday , he was no worse than the rest ☹️
100%. Sad, but unsurprising scapegoating exercise.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

redintheface wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:11 am
BIGRON wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:43 am Pigott had no service at all Tuesday , he was no worse than the rest ☹️
You can’t put the blame on Pigott,the fault lies with the club. Wellens knows what he wants from his players in the respect of how they play and what’s expected of them. A massive own goal (pardon the pun) as far as I’m concerned. This so called transfer process is the biggest load of rubbish as far as i see it,you only have to look at the last window debacle imo. Too many chiefs involved. Should be left up to Wellens and possibly his assistant to make the final say. With a club like ours you can’t afford to make that many mistakes as far as finances are concerned. Not only was Pigott a mistake but this new CB,the two children signed in the last window, Sanders has been on the physio table more than the pitch and Graham is a crock,that’s why other clubs never signed him. Sure we have signed some very good players but the right ones in the right positions ? We didn’t sign any forwards of note in summer and we haven’t got a really good attacking midfielder with an eye for goal. The club has to get at least 80% of its deals correct imo. I know many won’t agree with me.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

aylesburyos wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:08 am This thread is nonsence. He has hardly played. very unfair. Support the players instead of making fun
The OP is a simple statement of fact.
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

Monkey Boy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:29 am
You can’t put the blame on Pigott,the fault lies with the club. Wellens knows what he wants from his players in the respect of how they play and what’s expected of them. A massive own goal (pardon the pun) as far as I’m concerned. This so called transfer process is the biggest load of rubbish as far as i see it,you only have to look at the last window debacle imo. Too many chiefs involved. Should be left up to Wellens and possibly his assistant to make the final say. With a club like ours you can’t afford to make that many mistakes as far as finances are concerned. Not only was Pigott a mistake but this new CB,the two children signed in the last window, Sanders has been on the physio table more than the pitch and Graham is a crock,that’s why other clubs never signed him. Sure we have signed some very good players but the right ones in the right positions ? We didn’t sign any forwards of note in summer and we haven’t got a really good attacking midfielder with an eye for goal. The club has to get at least 80% of its deals correct imo. I know many won’t agree with me.
I understand the sentiment but you make it sound like this is all so easy. It’s always a risk when signing players.

I don’t think you can call Graham a crock. He’s played over 100 games in the last four years. I thought he was great but we lost him to something really innocuous, just like Agyei and Theo. I think we’ve been terribly unlucky. I agree with your comment on the two young lads. They look to me way off the level we needed.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

DrWindy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:48 am
I understand the sentiment but you make it sound like this is all so easy. It’s always a risk when signing players.

I don’t think you can call Graham a crock. He’s played over 100 games in the last four years. I thought he was great but we lost him to something really innocuous, just like Agyei and Theo. I think we’ve been terribly unlucky. I agree with your comment on the two young lads. They look to me way off the level we needed.
No it’s not easy,but with senior pros you know what you’re getting,with younger players they can mature at different stages. Some peak when there younger some older that’s the chance you take when scouting youngsters. Graham has a history especially lately of having bad injuries , I personally don’t think your see him play many games next season. Theo and Aggie are different there a little younger and have different injuries. Sometimes I think the club take chances on players like Thompson and Riley and there’s been more over the last seasons and that has to be down to the people that sign them. These type of players are signed late in the transfer window for a reason. We should take a leaf out of Stevenages book and get in early for a change,after all you can’t tell me they have a bigger budget than ours,and where are they this season.
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

Monkey Boy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:05 pm
DrWindy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:48 am

No it’s not easy,but with senior pros you know what you’re getting,with younger players they can mature at different stages. Some peak when there younger some older that’s the chance you take when scouting youngsters. Graham has a history especially lately of having bad injuries , I personally don’t think your see him play many games next season. Theo and Aggie are different there a little younger and have different injuries. Sometimes I think the club take chances on players like Thompson and Riley and there’s been more over the last seasons and that has to be down to the people that sign them. These type of players are signed late in the transfer window for a reason. We should take a leaf out of Stevenages book and get in early for a change,after all you can’t tell me they have a bigger budget than ours,and where are they this season.
Yeah, I think that’s fair but I think the club want to try and get sell on fees and/or take a risk and try and get a bargain. I think we are building a decent squad and have lost our best players to injury. I think another summer window will bring what we need with RW at the helm.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

The final say of who we sign is with Wellens and his staff end of. It's then left for Ling to negotiate with the player/agent/club. The striker signing saga was a cock up but sometimes it takes a chain of events at different clubs for transfers to go through my understanding is that the striker was all but done and his club pulled him out of the deal, he signed elsewhere not sure what you can do when that happens. Drinan travelled up to Carlisle in January to sign for them but they pulled out of the deal when he was "in the building" not very professional but it happens.

Pigott signed for us when he became a free agent at Ipswich and Richie wanted him but for whatever reason it hasn't worked out but tbf we don't get enough balls in the box - and he hasn't really fitted with our pressing style IMHO but any striker is going to struggle if they don't get the service. With due respect to the kids on loan they are making up numbers.

I think we will be aggressive in the market in summer looking for good young players and the odd experienced player but first priority has to be to find the money to sign Idris permanently.
Last edited by Top of the JES on Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.