Burton - a team of giants

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Highwood Man
Fresh Alias

Burton - a team of giants

Post by Highwood Man »

I don't think I've ever seen such a physically big team as Burton were yesterday. They had 6 players in their starting eleven who were 6 feet 2 and above. A couple were 6 feet 4 and one was 6 feet five. Three of the subs they bought on were 6 feet plus and the crowning glory was the huge guy who came on who was 6 feet 9.

I also don't think I've ever seen an Orient team have 83% possession at the end of the first half. But we didn't test their keeper at all and all we had to show for it was a penalty.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Burton - a team of giants

Post by Story of O »

As Wellens said, we spent too much time passing sideways and backwards, we need to be braver with the ball
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Story of O wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:32 am As Wellens said, we spent too much time passing sideways and backwards, we need to be braver with the ball
Quite. It seems in our squad only Brown and James are willing to try a through ball through the middle and in their absence everything goes down the wings.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

I didn’t think their starting team was that big. And first half we didn’t struggle physically.

There’s a reason we kept going wide rather than down the middle yesterday. Do you think we would have boycotted the middle if Agyei was playing?
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

Being beaten by superior skills is one thing, but no team likes being outfought or outmuscled…
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

Story of O wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:32 am As Wellens said, we spent too much time passing sideways and backwards, we need to be braver with the ball
So, who is the root of this style?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I think we made them look better than what they are in the second half because we tired . If we were at full strength I doubt we would've lost that game but that's just the way it goes
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:01 pm I think we made them look better than what they are in the second half because we tired . If we were at full strength I doubt we would've lost that game but that's just the way it goes
Agree, we looked really flat yesterday. They gave it everything second half but Burton not playing Tuesday didn't help us.