Ratings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Blackwall O
Fresh Alias

Ratings

Post by Blackwall O »

Hard to mark this one. Defensively we somehow failed to clear the ball 3 times and they scored but did nothing else. . We were by far the better team and with a bit more calmness with the final pass we should have scored more and won easily. Nevertheless we fought literally to the end and got our just deserts. Well done Os

Brynn 6 Had no chance with their goals
Galbraith 7 Such a calm controlled performance
Cooper 6 Very solid . Fitted in seamlessly
Beckles 5 Scares the hell out of me when on the ball. Thinks he is a premiership player . Overconfident
James 5 One or 2 great passes but so many poor passes. Was he injured as not out for second half?

El Miz 7 Really drove us forward. What a shot that hit the bar
Brown 7 Ran out of steam but has been brilliant this season
Moncur 7 played well but League-1 has shown up his lack of speed
Edwardes 4 Men against boys. Outmuscled every time he got near the ball
O'Neil 9 Terrific performance. A real find
Forde 7 A real handful but probably needs a rest

Subs
Ruel 8 What an impact Would have got 9 but for a dreadful miss from centre of penalty area
Ajei 6 Tried hard and closed down well
Pratley 6 Starting to look his age . 10 more years? I don't think so.
Hunt 7 Very solid and good going forward
RBMarshall
Fresh Alias

Re: Ratings

Post by RBMarshall »

Harsh on Edwards.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

I missed the first 5 minutes but thereafter, I didn’t clock Edwards touch the ball until the 42nd minute. He was so far off the pace.

I thought Dan Adjei the Second looked ok when he came on tho, busy and got involved.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Edwards wasn't that bad. Physically struggled but sharp on the ball when he did get it and has enough pace and movement to cause problems.

Otherwise agree. Beckles had a mare tbh, botched it for one of their goals.

I like Cooper but him and Beckles isn't a partnership you'd want to see long term. Cooper is perhaps overly conscious of how bad he is on the ball, that moment where he straight up passed it out for a throw under minimal pressure was ridiculous. And Beckles is not aware enough of his limitations.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Moncur was really good but O'Neil was absolutely different gravy. As good a performance as I can recall seeing from an Os player in quite some time, he destroyed them down the left.

Also agree about Edwards being marked harshly, we largely bypassed him until Northampton closed us down more on the flanks and he grew into the game second half when he showed a few nice touches. The other one's cameo was possibly more promising though, he put himself about and looked that bit more physical.

Beckles gave the ball away an astonishing number of times under minimal pressure, including a pass straight into touch in front of Wellens who turned away in absolute disgust.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

I can't see Omar playing on Saturday, he was struggling all game and was on his haunches in the last minute or so.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Mistadobalina wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:21 pm Edwards wasn't that bad. Physically struggled but sharp on the ball when he did get it and has enough pace and movement to cause problems.
I don’t want to hammer the kid but I genuinely didn’t see him touch the ball until the 42nd minute. I actually looked at the clock to check as I registered it was hos first touch. The game just passed him by.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

EliotNes wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:26 pm I can't see Omar playing on Saturday, he was struggling all game and was on his haunches in the last minute or so.
Omar has to play….
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

RBMarshall wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:10 pm Harsh on Edwards.
Agreed. Worked hard and put the Nothampton backline under good pressure in the first half. A solid start to senior football IMO.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Ajei is a year older than Edwards, and it showed. Bigger too. Id ike to see Ajei start on Saturday. I think Edwards will get better when he gets the pace of league 1.
Also thought Galbraith was very good tonight, and O'Neil is going to be a star, what a player we have there
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:19 am Ajei is a year older than Edwards, and it showed. Bigger too. Id ike to see Ajei start on Saturday. I think Edwards will get better when he gets the pace of league 1.
Also thought Galbraith was very good tonight, and O'Neil is going to be a star, what a player we have there

It’s the other way round , Edwards is 20, dob 12th September 2003.
Adu Adjei is 18, dob 21 June 2005.

Agree with your comments re Galbraith & O’Neill, fantastic potential from these young players.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

PKM wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:07 am
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:19 am Ajei is a year older than Edwards, and it showed. Bigger too. Id ike to see Ajei start on Saturday. I think Edwards will get better when he gets the pace of league 1.

It’s the other way round , Edwards is 20, dob 12th September 2003.
Adu Adjei is 18, dob 21 June 2005.

Agree with your comments re Galbraith & O’Neill, fantastic potential from these young players.
I've got them mixed up. Thanks for putting me straight 👍
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

My first look at O’Neill, what a game, we so need him with the bad news on Theo.

Galbraith impressed me all game. The winning goal, the Cobblers were poised to break which would have been dangerous, ball in the air, Galbraith up against a much taller opponent, but he held back before timing his jump to perfection to win the header, which was followed by a great ball over the top from Cooper, and Ruel buried it.
Ron Waffle
Fresh Alias

Post by Ron Waffle »

EastDerehamO wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:50 am My first look at O’Neill, what a game, we so need him with the bad news on Theo.

Galbraith impressed me all game. The winning goal, the Cobblers were poised to break which would have been dangerous, ball in the air, Galbraith up against a much taller opponent, but he held back before timing his jump to perfection to win the header, which was followed by a great ball over the top from Cooper, and Ruel buried it.
Totally agree he was superb all game. The header which allowed cooper to clip the ball through was overlooked in the comms during and after the game but it was a very brave and well timed piece of play. I certainly wouldn’t have fancied it with Simpson bearing down on me like that.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Brynn - 5 a hard to rate, couldn’t have done much with the goals and didn’t have a lot else to do

James - 5 - misplaced about 6 passes in the first 5 mins. Really helps us by moving into midfield but off at ht presumably injured.
Cooper - 6 - really get the impression he is positionally rubbisj and distribution ain’t great. Not sure I like him tbh
Beckles - 6 - looked a bit shaky at times and f*cked around for their third
Galbraith - 8 - thought he was outstanding. Defensively savvy, got forward and put some good balls in and cleaned up more times than I can remember.

El Miz - 8 - drove us forward time and again. Amazing shot that smashed off the bar
Brown - 7 - really like him this year. Calm on the ball and produced a few very good passes
Moncur - 7 - was part of all our attacks first half and had a few shots. Lasted longer today as well.

O’Neill - 9 - strong, dangerous and quick. Had it all last night
Edwards - 5 - pressed well but didn’t show for the ball enough. On our system our 9 has to come short or move out to the wing to get the ball. It will be a good learning curve but he barely touched it.
Forde - 7 - solid and took his goal really well

Subs:
Hunt - 6 - didn’t do much of note but made some lung busting runs behind O’Neill to create space
Pratley - 5 - looked shattered last few games. Didn’t follow his man for the second goal.
Adeji - 6 - hustled and bustled
Sotiriou - 9 - can’t do much better than coming off the bench on 77 mins and scoring 2 goals, one and injury time winner. Good finishes for both the goals.
Sweeney - n/a
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

Hoover Attack wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:31 pm
Mistadobalina wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:21 pm Edwards wasn't that bad. Physically struggled but sharp on the ball when he did get it and has enough pace and movement to cause problems.
I don’t want to hammer the kid but I genuinely didn’t see him touch the ball until the 42nd minute. I actually looked at the clock to check as I registered it was hos first touch. The game just passed him by.
That’s what you’re doing hammering him.
It’s probably his first game in ‘proper’ football and if he reads this board that will really give him confidence!
bobo66
Fresh Alias

Post by bobo66 »

Moncur was like a new signing. He must have worked really hard to get himself back to this. He even looks a bit slimmer. I woulod have given him an 8.
Ron Waffle
Fresh Alias

Post by Ron Waffle »

cockhat wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:47 am
It’s probably his first game in ‘proper’ football and if he reads this board that will really give him confidence!
Not exactly hammering him is he? He’s correct in what he said, Edwards had very little impact in the first half. He saw a bit more of the ball in the 2nd half and was unlucky with a good move and fist time shot which unfortunately ended up straight at the keeper but overall he didn’t do a great deal. That’s not a complaint against him or “hammering” him it’s just a fact. I have no doubt he will continue to get more involved in games as his time here progresses.
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

Agreed with pretty much all of that. Probably make El Miz an 8 as he was everywhere and really made things tick.

Hunt & O’Neill linked up very well on that left hand side in the second half. Can’t want until Saturday as I expect Hunt to keep his place.

Beckles is proper bomb scare when he’s on the ball. Really needs to watch it or stupid goals will be conceded. He is not a ball playing centre half.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

I'm really not though. I've been as delicate as I can on the subject.

I too believe it is his first game in proper football and it showed. I'd like to see more of Adjei2, I'll be amazed if Edwards starts for us again any time soon.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

bobo66 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:23 am Moncur was like a new signing. He must have worked really hard to get himself back to this. He even looks a bit slimmer. I woulod have given him an 8.
Yeah, that's fair, Moncur covered as much ground as I've ever seen him cover.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Would also like so say I don’t remember enjoying watching an orient team more in terms of football. I watched the stream, which usually makes this standard of football seem even worse than in person but the way we keep the ball, press, are calm and composed - you always feel like the players will make the right choice or pass most of the time. Richie has created a great product on the pitch. I might even consider turning up myself at some point
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:29 am Brynn - 5 a hard to rate, couldn’t have done much with the goals and didn’t have a lot else to do

James - 5 - misplaced about 6 passes in the first 5 mins. Really helps us by moving into midfield but off at ht presumably injured.
Cooper - 6 - really get the impression he is positionally rubbisj and distribution ain’t great. Not sure I like him tbh
Beckles - 6 - looked a bit shaky at times and f*cked around for their third
Galbraith - 8 - thought he was outstanding. Defensively savvy, got forward and put some good balls in and cleaned up more times than I can remember.

El Miz - 8 - drove us forward time and again. Amazing shot that smashed off the bar
Brown - 7 - really like him this year. Calm on the ball and produced a few very good passes
Moncur - 7 - was part of all our attacks first half and had a few shots. Lasted longer today as well.

O’Neill - 9 - strong, dangerous and quick. Had it all last night
Edwards - 5 - pressed well but didn’t show for the ball enough. On our system our 9 has to come short or move out to the wing to get the ball. It will be a good learning curve but he barely touched it.
Forde - 7 - solid and took his goal really well

Subs:
Hunt - 6 - didn’t do much of note but made some lung busting runs behind O’Neill to create space
Pratley - 5 - looked shattered last few games. Didn’t follow his man for the second goal.
Adeji - 6 - hustled and bustled
Sotiriou - 9 - can’t do much better than coming off the bench on 77 mins and scoring 2 goals, one and injury time winner. Good finishes for both the goals.
Sweeney - n/a
Thanks for the ratings guys, can’t remember seeing and enjoying a game like that at the O’s for many a long year, think they more than deserved there win however I thought the defending was shambolic at times and Richie won’t be happy about that. If we don’t make it this season then next will be worth a ST ticket. Great to see so many youngsters in the side, problem is they won’t get unnoticed buy the bigger clubs.Gailbraith,Brown and now O’Niell and a few others have stepped up this season especially last night. Brilliant game.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

You think professional football players read fan message boards? And even if they do, you think they pay any attention to what people say on them?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Possibly.