Forum for a Fiver: Contribute to our running costs

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

CEB
Regular
Regular
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Re: Forum for a Fiver: Contribute to our running costs

Post by CEB »

Admin wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:00 pm Can I just jump in here with a bit of background?

As you might (or probably not) have noticed, I've hardly been around over the last couple of months due to family illnesses and other work issues that have taken up almost every waking moment since November. Like every family, you go through tough periods and the FTC clan finds itself in one now.

In the midst of all this, I renewed the domain registration and hosting for another year however the costs have risen massively since this latest iteration of the MB was set up in 2019. Just before Xmas I said to LSN that given everything that is going on away from here which is likely to take months to resolve, I couldn't commit any time at all to dealing with the place and paying out another years cost when this latest subscription expires later this year.

Whilst LSN's appointment as an Admin wasn't the most popular decision ever made with some here, I can only be grateful that I did hand the reins over to him I'd again repeat my honest and complete thanks to him for making massive efforts over that last couple of years to ensure this MB continues to survive. I've been here for over 20 years now and still consider this place to be a unique online community and there's nothing more I'd like to see it still here in another 20 years time.

It is heartening to see so many donations received already and I'd like to thank everyone who's done so and supported the MB's continued existence.

Peace and love.

FTC x
Who wasn’t happy with your appointment of LSN? I will fight them.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

CEB wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:35 pm
Admin wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:00 pm Can I just jump in here with a bit of background?

As you might (or probably not) have noticed, I've hardly been around over the last couple of months due to family illnesses and other work issues that have taken up almost every waking moment since November. Like every family, you go through tough periods and the FTC clan finds itself in one now.

In the midst of all this, I renewed the domain registration and hosting for another year however the costs have risen massively since this latest iteration of the MB was set up in 2019. Just before Xmas I said to LSN that given everything that is going on away from here which is likely to take months to resolve, I couldn't commit any time at all to dealing with the place and paying out another years cost when this latest subscription expires later this year.

Whilst LSN's appointment as an Admin wasn't the most popular decision ever made with some here, I can only be grateful that I did hand the reins over to him I'd again repeat my honest and complete thanks to him for making massive efforts over that last couple of years to ensure this MB continues to survive. I've been here for over 20 years now and still consider this place to be a unique online community and there's nothing more I'd like to see it still here in another 20 years time.

It is heartening to see so many donations received already and I'd like to thank everyone who's done so and supported the MB's continued existence.

Peace and love.

FTC x
Who wasn’t happy with your appointment of LSN? I will fight them.
OFF.

Let me know the date / venue. You can both choose your own weapons.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

StillSpike wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:33 pm

Peace and love.

FTC x

Best wishes to you and your clan, FTC. Sorry to hear you're going through some troubled waters, but hope you get past this as soon as possible. I really appreciate the time and effort that you put in to the place but of course more important things have to take precedence.
Thanks also to LSN for stepping up to the plate.

I think for my £20 I get to post as many Wordle's as I fancy !!
Cheers Spike - much appreciated. Hopefully I'll be back regularly at some point posting me wordle scores again.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Peace and love.

FTC x
Sorry to hear that you are having tough period away from the board.

I’ve never met you in person but based on our interaction last year I think that you are a thoroughly decent person and I genuinely am thankful for how you handled that situation.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

I’m donating to get insulated. There’s got to be some sort of irony in that.🤭 sorry to hear your bad news admin hope all goes well from now🤞
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Ffs - sold
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Blimey, thought this would take all year
CEB
Regular
Regular
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Post by CEB »

If there’s only six of us, we’re six generous people.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Thanks to Hannah Ingram-Moore for organising this.
DissOppointed
Fresh Alias

Post by DissOppointed »

Added my little contribution
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Well done, everyone. You bloody commies.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

Surely people should've donated under their user names and they can then board withe a sense of righteousness.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

I was going to donate with a false name but you cant do that, so poke it.
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

Hoover Attack wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:10 pm I was going to donate with a false name but you cant do that, so poke it.
But the posting can be tagged as anonymous.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Hoover Attack wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:10 pm I was going to donate with a false name but you cant do that, so poke it.
Surprised you remember what your real name is…
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Orient_Man_And_Boy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:48 pm
But the posting can be tagged as anonymous.
No, I wanted to do a joke donation that would wind up the donator.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Yeah, I tried that. But it doesn't like swear words either.
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

Happy to donate as well. Like many, I’ve been here for years, initially as Greenford O, and it’s generally been a great place, and I appreciate the effort that some people have put into it over the last 20 years. Long may it continue.
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

Happy to donate does it make me a superfan
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Yes
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Long slender neck wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:08 pm Yes
Me too?😇
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

When the chips are down, the true Boarders show their colours..
EliotNes
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by EliotNes »

Done - and glad to see you are already over what is required, so maybe you'll reach next years target too.

I liked the adverts, but never understood how - when I was overseas - they were invariably for Asian Dating Sites or Bitofacon sites, two things I would steer such a wide path around, I'd be off the planet. Hey Ho. That's life.
SmiffyO’s
Fresh Alias

Post by SmiffyO’s »

Done - all the best..
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

EliotNes wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:37 pm Done - and glad to see you are already over what is required, so maybe you'll reach next years target too.

I liked the adverts, but never understood how - when I was overseas - they were invariably for Asian Dating Sites or Bitofacon sites, two things I would steer such a wide path around, I'd be off the planet. Hey Ho. That's life.
Adverts are targeted based on your web history…