Drinan or Happe

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Drinan or Happe

Post by Monkey Boy »

Which one will go? If I were a betting man(which I’m not) my money would be on Happe. But here’s a possibility and I’m probably wrong but if the money was enough I wouldn’t mind betting that we would put an offer in for El Miz. Thoughts???
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Drinan or Happe

Post by Hoover Attack »

Great analysis.
Whitey19
Fresh Alias

Post by Whitey19 »

Be surprised if it was Happe if wellens said they would be looking to offer him a new deal. What would be the point if he looked like he was leaving?
Fisch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fisch »

Whitey19 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:30 am Be surprised if it was Happe if wellens said they would be looking to offer him a new deal. What would be the point if he looked like he was leaving?
Maybe the point would be to convince the enquiring club that Happe is highly valued and will be offered a strong contract - thsu is not available on the cheap? That's the kind of positioning that goes on as I understand things.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

If there’s anyone willing to pay money for Drinan we should be biting their hand off, if we can stop laughing for a second.
Tempted to say I’ll eat my hat if there is a club willing to pay though
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Whitey19 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:30 am Be surprised if it was Happe if wellens said they would be looking to offer him a new deal. What would be the point if he looked like he was leaving?
Why bring in Cooper so early(for Orient) Happe has only signed a one year deal,with an option of a further year if he wishes? If he wanted to stay he would have signed for two years. He is at this time the only sellable player we have imo, 3 to 500k would be enough to put in an offer for Miz if we got that much? Wellens would prefer to keep Miz out of the two. You can pick up a reasonable CB in the summer,plus we still have Turns and James,Brown and Prat’s can play there at a push. I think Happe would be worth keeping but?? Business is business unfortunately. I’m probably wrong.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:44 am
Why bring in Cooper so early(for Orient) Happe has only signed a one year deal,with an option of a further year if he wishes? If he wanted to stay he would have signed for two years. He is at this time the only sellable player we have imo, 3 to 500k would be enough to put in an offer for Miz if we got that much? Wellens would prefer to keep Miz out of the two. You can pick up a reasonable CB in the summer,plus we still have Turns and James,Brown and Prat’s can play there at a push. I think Happe would be worth keeping but?? Business is business unfortunately. I’m probably wrong.
If you listen to Richie's interview on the other thread he explains the reasoning behind signing Cooper . They have or are going to offer Dan another contract but if he turns it down we don't want to be left with only one CB in the Summer.
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:24 am
If you listen to Richie's interview on the other thread he explains the reasoning behind signing Cooper . They have or are going to offer Dan another contract but if he turns it down we don't want to be left with only one CB in the Summer.
You said it there 'listen to Richie's interview'. People DONT unfortunately and then decide their own narrative.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

banqo wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:53 am
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:24 am

You said it there 'listen to Richie's interview'. People DONT unfortunately and then decide their own narrative.
Ideally the podcasts would create a transcript of the interview like what Leyton Laureate did the other week with the recruitment team interview.

Spoken word is very difficult to refer back to so the message can get lost in a sea of content.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

gshaw wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:35 pm
Ideally the podcasts would create a transcript of the interview like what Leyton Laureate did the other week with the recruitment team interview.

Spoken word is very difficult to refer back to so the message can get lost in a sea of content.
This.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Why is this framed as an either/or question?

They could both go and they could both stay.

Ideally Drinan would be on his way. I’d be astonished if anyone paid a fee for him though.

I can’t say that Happe has done anything this season to draw the attention of a Championship club, or even the top teams in L1. So unless someone like moneybags Wrexham looking to snap him up (which they almost certainly aren’t) then I can’t see him going.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Richie didn't really deny interest in Drinan, just said he was injured.

He said club and player had option on Happe contract, but sounded complex.

He said another league one club had made an offer for one of our players and a deal was close
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Long slender neck wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:42 pm Richie didn't really deny interest in Drinan, just said he was injured.

He said another league one club had made an offer for one of our players and a deal was close
You’d hope that’s Moncur
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

The Reverend wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:46 pm
Long slender neck wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:42 pm Richie didn't really deny interest in Drinan, just said he was injured.

You’d hope that’s Moncur
I doubt that . It’s more likely the rumours about Drinan going to Carlisle is the more plausible one
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:41 am If there’s anyone willing to pay money for Drinan we should be biting their hand off, if we can stop laughing for a second.
Tempted to say I’ll eat my hat if there is a club willing to pay though
There was rumours that Carlisle are interested in Drinan. RW did say on Orient Outlook podcast that a club was interested in one of our players but had not reached the money that Orient would accept. Happe is out of contract in July but can sign an extension to his contract if agreed by him and Orient. He could be on the move.