Bankrupt councils

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Bankrupt councils

Post by Hoover Attack »

I disagree. I think lots of people are up for caring roles, and indeed lots of people have to take on such roles for family members.

What people are not up for are the sh*t pay and sh*t conditions that private providers offer their staff.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Knew I'd read an article on it before when Dunners mentioned skyscrapers - more here about how Woking found themselves in quite such a big hole: https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... debt-piles
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

It's not a tough and unpleasant job, it's a sometimes tough and often wonderful job. I do a shift every other Saturday as a support worker, partly because I could do with the money (I count it as my 'extra' money and allocate it for spaffing on things like pokemon cards for the kid) but mainly because I enjoy it. Massive problems in the sector but the job itself is fantastic, providing you work for a vaguely decent employer and put a bit of effort in).
CEB
Regular
Regular
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Post by CEB »

Yeah, it can be a really fulfilling job, but the pay and conditions grinds away at it and, depending on the employer, can make it an utter nightmare. The pay also ends up meaning that it often attracts people who are not as skilled and/or professional as they should be.

Mentioned it elsewhere related to ADHD but in hindsight, the fact that I’d be (and have been) s*** at desk jobs is why the most fulfilling jobs I’ve had have been working face to face, often in the lowest paying roles I’ve had. There are so many people working in care - at every level - who really shouldn’t be.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Daily Express bot wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:42 am
Joe315 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:16 pm
Daily Express bot wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:11 pm

Very short sighted to generalise that all Landlords are parasites. Many people are dependent on the private sector Lanflord.
Only because the scumlords bought the houses up & charge extortionate amounts above the cost of a mortgage.
Market forces dictate the rents. However, I know several Landlords who do not charge the full rent , including Employers, private Landlords, some Trusts , Charities, Church Landlords and ‘accidental Landlords, so for this who generalise all Landlords as bad ‘under one blanket’ you are very misguided in your view of all Landlords.
Trusts charites churches aside , SCUMLORDS set Market prices.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Daily Express bot wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:46 am
Joe315 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:15 pm
Daily Express bot wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:01 pm

Not everyone wants a mortgage round their neck. Some would rather spend their hard earned cash on themselves.
Paying a Mortgage isn't a burden
When it's cheaper than Renting.
Don't know how you think renters have
Hard earned left to spend on themselves
Mortgage rates are high at the moment and renting is probably cheaper at the moment than taking out a mortgage with all the arrangement fees , stamp duty etc. Will probably not stay like this once rates come down. One only goes from renting the property to ‘renting ‘ the money with a mortgage. A huge burden either way and fact of life for most.
More Lies from a Tory.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

Joe315 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:41 pm
Joe315 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:15 pm

Paying a Mortgage isn't a burden
When it's cheaper than Renting.
Don't know how you think renters have
Hard earned left to spend on themselves
Mortgage rates are high at the moment and renting is probably cheaper at the moment than taking out a mortgage with all the arrangement fees , stamp duty etc. Will probably not stay like this once rates come down. One only goes from renting the property to ‘renting ‘ the money with a mortgage. A huge burden either way and fact of life for most.
More Lies from a Tory.
I am not a Conservative.

Why am I lying, all fact.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Joe315 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:38 pm
Joe315 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:16 pm

Only because the scumlords bought the houses up & charge extortionate amounts above the cost of a mortgage.
Market forces dictate the rents. However, I know several Landlords who do not charge the full rent , including Employers, private Landlords, some Trusts , Charities, Church Landlords and ‘accidental Landlords, so for this who generalise all Landlords as bad ‘under one blanket’ you are very misguided in your view of all Landlords.
Do you realise that many prospective tenants are inflating rents by offering more to secure a property as there are less and less properties becoming available?

There is a Rent Tribunal in operation that oversea rent increases. Landlords have restrictions on rent increases they can charge.

Some tenants are unaware of their rights regarding rent increases.

I would advise any tenant who is in doubt about any increase to consult with their local Council tenancy liaison department, the Citizens Advice Bureau or the Rent Tribunal Service details of which are available on line .
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Daily Express bot wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:43 pm
Do you realise that many prospective tenants are inflating rents by offering more to secure a property
It's the tenants fault? :lol:
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

Anyone renting privately who tried to use the rent tribunal knows they're getting a section 21 eviction by return post.
CEB
Regular
Regular
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Post by CEB »

The idea that renting is more convenient than buying for some people is obvious bullshit that deserves short shrift.

Aside from for those whose future is secure enough that they genuinely can piss about renting for a decade or so, safe in the knowledge that buying will be an option when they want it (with the reason not to buy earlier only being “it’ll be a faff”), there is nobody who would genuinely choose to spaff a massive chunk of their wages every month into a landlord’s pocket
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Daily Express bot wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:36 pm

More Lies from a Tory.
I am not a Conservative.

Bull5hit that it's facts Lenny the Liar
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Joe315 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:52 pm

More Lies from a Tory.
I am not a Conservative.

Well I am trying to have a sensible conversation and you are just being juvenile with you answers. If you would like to tell me why you thing it is bull then please explain. It is completely true.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Do you realise that many prospective tenants are inflating rents by offering more to secure a property as there are less and less properties becoming available?

There is a Rent Tribunal in operation that oversea rent increases. Landlords have restrictions on rent increases they can charge.
That's at the top of the rent scale
Housing benefit was restricted to a level
Well below average rents . That's why the TORY scum have had to increase welfare by cutting N.I contributions
in a bid to increase those struggling

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/mill ... 20a%20year.

New Local Housing Allowance rates to come into force in April as legislation being laid in parliament. £7 billion investment over the next five years means 1.6 million private renters on Universal Credit or Housing Benefit will be around £800 better off a year
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Daily Express bot wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:55 pm

I am not a Conservative.

Well I am trying to have a sensible conversation and you are just being juvenile with you answers. If you would like to tell me why you thing it is bull then please explain. It is completely true.
You state rents are lower than mortgages
Prove it .
Show average mortgage repayment to equivalent rent.

That is, 3 bed house mortgage to a 3 bed house monthly rental & not compare it to a 1 room bedroom/bedsit
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Joe315 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:59 pm

Prove it .

That is, 3 bed house mortgage to a 3 bed house monthly rental & not compare it to a 1 room bedroom/bedsit
A bit difficult with a mortgage as depends on the amount of borrowing and interest rate charged but mortgage rates are at a 13 year high , base rate rate was less than one percent for years now over five per cent, still nowhere near as high as the 15 % it was in the 80’s. A 3 bed house to rent in Leyton is about £2500-3000 a month. That seems quite reasonable when for that you are getting a property worth about £800000
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

What do you mean "getting a property worth £800000"? Do they own it after paying rent for a certain amount of time? No, they do not.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Joe315 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:57 pm

Well below average rents . That's why the TORY scum have had to increase welfare by cutting N.I contributions

New Local Housing Allowance rates to come into force in April as legislation being laid in parliament. £7 billion investment over the next five years means 1.6 million private renters on Universal Credit or Housing Benefit will be around £800 better off a year
Not everyone who rents are on benefits. Most are professionals earning decent salaries and some like the flexibility of renting.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Daily Express bot wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:29 pm
Joe315 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:59 pm

Prove it .

A bit difficult with a mortgage as depends on the amount of borrowing and interest rate charged but mortgage rates are at a 13 year high , base rate rate was less than one percent for years now over five per cent, still nowhere near as high as the 15 % it was in the 80’s. A 3 bed house to rent in Leyton is about £2500-3000 a month. That seems quite reasonable when for that you are getting a property worth about £800000
https://thinkplutus.com/mortgages/guide ... e-payment/

Average mortgage repayment 3 bed house London
Greater London£1,355

https://www.rentlondonflat.com/average-rent-in-london/

Average Rent 3 bed house London
The average annual cost of rent in London is currently £26,316,

E17 £2500 per month.

Average cost of Rent for a flat in London

The average monthly flats to rent in London is around £1,500 – £1,600, but this number can vary greatly depending on where you live in the city.

You are a Bull 5hitting Liar Lenny
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Daily Express bot wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:40 pm

Not everyone who rents are on benefits. Most are professionals earning decent salaries and some like the flexibility of renting.
Bull 5hit :clown
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Say, why dont people just get a mortgage and then rent the property out? They could use the proceeds to pay the mortgage and pocket the profit!
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Joe315 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:04 pm

Why is it bull? Grow up and try clarify your argument.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Daily Express bot wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:11 pm

I Did in the reply you Ignored, where I showed examples of average mortgage v average rent in London.Thats why you're a bull 5hit Liar Lenny. :clown
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Long slender neck wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:05 pm Say, why dont people just get a mortgage and then rent the property out? They could use the proceeds to pay the mortgage and pocket the profit!
Probably employed by a Scumlord on 5hit wages at some dodgy Tat Emporium.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Joe315 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:18 pm
Daily Express bot wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:11 pm

I Did in the reply you Ignored, where I showed examples of average mortgage v average rent in London.Thats why you're a bull 5hit Liar Lenny. :clown
Look at Money Saving Expert chart

Use Repayment not interest only.

£1355 services a 250k loan. Cannot buy anything for that in Leyton

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/mortg ... alculator/