Bankrupt councils

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Bankrupt councils

Post by Long slender neck »

Perma for our yahoo news correspondent.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Long slender neck wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:14 pm Perma for our yahoo news correspondent.
Tad harsh, it made me laugh to be fair.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

His own head?
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

I’ll probably get a ban for even mentioning this but when I logged back on for the first time after a week off the top 6 notifications were from CEB who on Tuesday had gone through my old posts and liked a load of them.

Presumably I’m doing exactly what he wanted by mentioning this. He does something which he knows will get my attention and if I mention it the old “Rev is obsessed” accusations will come out again. I really should know better than to indulge such manipulative behaviour but seeing another user goaded into a perma banned whilst I was away makes me want to warn others about such behaviour.

I’m guessing he won’t stop until I’m perma banned. This upsets me because I genuinely enjoyed this board. During my week off I reflected a bit and asked why I even post on here in the first place. It was to talk about Orient and ask the occasional “big” question as I’m genuinely interested in what people have to say on these topics. I was foolish to get dragged into a feud with somebody who clearly has a long history of winding up other boarders.

Anyway. I’m sure the inevitable will happen and I’ll be booted soon. Well done. You won. I would like to once again share my appreciation to Admin. A genuinely decent guy who has my respect.
CEB
Regular
Regular
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Post by CEB »

BoniO wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:16 pm
Long slender neck wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:14 pm Perma for our yahoo news correspondent.

Yeah, I laughed too. The sheer straight to the nuclear option tickled me
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Daily Express bot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:59 am
Joe315 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:49 am
Daily Express bot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:31 am

Only person who can buy that will be a cash buyer not reliant on a loan . Likely to be someone who wants a Buy To Let Investment. I have seen them go for a lot less that that in there though as it is such a poorly maintained block. You sound very bitter about private landlords for some reason you are not disclosing. You cannot accept that they play a very important role in supporting the local authorities house those they have a duty to accommodate .

Waltham Forest Council have a good working relationship with Private Sector Landlords, Landlords have Licenses and attend Seminars and gain Accreditation.

Waltham Forest also offer various grants to Private Landlords to improve their accommodation for tenants. The Council would hardly offer grants if Landlords were ‘scum’.

Grants such as these;

https://www.walthamforest.gov.uk/guidan ... 20services.

You can continue seething and being venomously envious but why not try and just improve your lot and feel better in yourself? I am always willing to offer advice and guidance as I know things.
Envious not a chance. Councils offer to do up places because scumlords won't cut into profits. Earn some money by graft rather than benefit from others Misery.
You are either trying to antagonise me or are really showing your ignorance about the subject. If the latter, I feel really excruciatingly embarrassed for you.

I can reliably inform you that there are thousands of very satisfied private tenants out there who have an excellent relationship with their Landlord and mutual respect for each other and would find your bluster so far from the truth. There are all kinds of private Landlords. The ‘accidental’ one property Landlord who finds themselves with a flat say spare by inheritance possibly or have bought elsewhere with a partner and cannot sell their former home so decide to rent it out.

There are medium sized Landlords with say 10 to 100 properties and then there are the larger Landlords with several hundred. The larger one are a big business employing people. There will be a few bad apples like everything else but it is really difficult to be a bad Landlord these days as the penalties can be vast including:

Having property seized by councils who will manage them.

Having rent seized and fined multiple times the amount.

Being banned from being a Landlord.

Your adversity to private landlords may have been appropriate in the ‘Rachman’ years of the 1960’s but not in 2024, far too many saveguards thankfully with Licensing Regulations which ‘police’ the pitfalls you allude to.
Never feel embarrassed for me Scumlord.

London landlords see rental incomes soar 32.9%

https://www.mortgagestrategy.co.uk/news ... soar-32-9/
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

CEB wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:37 pm
BoniO wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:16 pm

Yeah, I laughed too. The sheer straight to the nuclear option tickled me
Hopefully you mean the words Tickled you😜
CEB
Regular
Regular
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Post by CEB »

Mick McQuaid wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:56 pm I'm going to guess your finger, someone else's finger and a courgette.

That’s two out of three
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

Joe315 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:08 pm
Joe315 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:49 am

Envious not a chance. Councils offer to do up places because scumlords won't cut into profits. Earn some money by graft rather than benefit from others Misery.
You are either trying to antagonise me or are really showing your ignorance about the subject. If the latter, I feel really excruciatingly embarrassed for you.

I can reliably inform you that there are thousands of very satisfied private tenants out there who have an excellent relationship with their Landlord and mutual respect for each other and would find your bluster so far from the truth. There are all kinds of private Landlords. The ‘accidental’ one property Landlord who finds themselves with a flat say spare by inheritance possibly or have bought elsewhere with a partner and cannot sell their former home so decide to rent it out.

There are medium sized Landlords with say 10 to 100 properties and then there are the larger Landlords with several hundred. The larger one are a big business employing people. There will be a few bad apples like everything else but it is really difficult to be a bad Landlord these days as the penalties can be vast including:

Your adversity to private landlords may have been appropriate in the ‘Rachman’ years of the 1960’s but not in 2024, far too many saveguards thankfully with Licensing Regulations which ‘police’ the pitfalls you allude to.

The rental income may have increased but so has interest rates , property licensing, Agency Fees, building materials, insurance premiums and builder’s maintenance rates. All allowances have practically vanished due to George Osbourne so Private Residential Property Letting is not a good business to be in.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Daily Express bot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:39 pm

The rental income may have increased but so has interest rates , property licensing, Agency Fees, building materials, insurance premiums and builder’s maintenance rates. All allowances have practically vanished due to George Osbourne so Private Residential Property Letting is not a good business to be in.
It's the Scumlord business. No sympathy for the Cockroaches who profit.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

Joe315 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:46 pm

There ain’t much profit these days.
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

Threads like this remind me why there is rarely any meaningful debate about social care, its complex nature and inter-dependencies and how it is potentially placing Council's under huge financial strain that can help contribute to bankruptcy. Better for a slanging match about Private Sector landlords to take place rather than contribute to the overall debate.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Largely because it's such a complex discussion. Much easier to just fling sh*t at stuff.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Daily Express bot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:07 pm
Joe315 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:46 pm

There ain’t much profit these days.
32.9 % in London isn't much profit ?
:clown
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Omygawd wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:18 pm Threads like this remind me why there is rarely any meaningful debate about social care, its complex nature and inter-dependencies and how it is potentially placing Council's under huge financial strain that can help contribute to bankruptcy. Better for a slanging match about Private Sector landlords to take place rather than contribute to the overall debate.
How much is being wasted keeping scumlords
Profits so high ?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

A decent thread on how the homelessness crisis has contributed to the financial plight of many local authorities.

Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Hewitt's a good journo on housing issues.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

He is. And so is Peter Apps and Vicky Spratt.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

The Tories really are a disgrace. Any chance the reported £20Bn Hunt has to play with will go to councils?

I expect they'll use it to give tax cuts to the rich and leave Labour to clean up the mess.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Joe315 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:45 pm
Omygawd wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:18 pm Threads like this remind me why there is rarely any meaningful debate about social care, its complex nature and inter-dependencies and how it is potentially placing Council's under huge financial strain that can help contribute to bankruptcy. Better for a slanging match about Private Sector landlords to take place rather than contribute to the overall debate.
How much is being wasted keeping scumlords
Profits so high ?
How much has been wasted keeping house prices artificially high?
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Dunners wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:34 am He is. And so is Peter Apps and Vicky Spratt.
Apps and Spratt sounds like a cracking tv detective show.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Apps is also a local boy. Lives with his wife and kids in Walthamstow. I bump into him occasionally, but have never asked if he has ever been to the Os.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Could you ask him if he'd be up for co-starring in a new tv drama I'm working on?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Peter Apps sounds like a character from a modern day Day Today reboot. Presenting the news with Algorithm Monthly or someone.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

He's too busy rehearsing for a sitcom I've been working on. Still trying to master his lines on just how many copies of a particular fanzine the runner-up in a competition gets.