Iran Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Re: Iran Watch

Post by Proposition Joe »

If you're going to reply, can you do so with a post that isn't just a series of irrelevant clichés and actually answers the question?

Thanks.
faldO
Fresh Alias

Post by faldO »

Proposition Joe wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:34 am
faldO wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:01 am This is going to be very confusing for the dimwits on Saturday's "Free Palestine" march, who do they support now?
Please show your working.
No working, just a hunch. Though I imagine trying to reconcile showing support for Hamas terrorists and the Houthi rebels, who are backed by Iran, who fired missiles into Pakistan and killed some children, might cause some head-scratching for some of them.

Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

How many people have you seen on any Palestinian solidarity marches expressing support for Houthi rebels? Life is much easier to get through if you stop making things up to be angry about.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Also, LOL at sharing a link from that far right conspiracy nutjob.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

faldO wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:48 am
faldO wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:01 am This is going to be very confusing for the dimwits on Saturday's "Free Palestine" march, who do they support now?
No working, just a hunch. Though I imagine trying to reconcile showing support for Hamas terrorists and the Houthi rebels, who are backed by Iran, who fired missiles into Pakistan and killed some children, might cause some head-scratching for some of them.

If it's inflammatory to ask what that flag means then why fly it in the first place if people don't understand what it means. Those on the video are definitely useful idiots .
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
faldO
Fresh Alias

Post by faldO »

Proposition Joe wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:01 pm How many people have you seen on any Palestinian solidarity marches expressing support for Houthi rebels? Life is much easier to get through if you stop making things up to be angry about.
"Yemen, Yemen, make us proud, turn another ship around" - perhaps try watching some of the footage or reading press coverage from last weekend's march.

Who's angry about anything? I'm certainly not. And nothing I'm saying is made up.
Proposition Joe wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:02 pm Also, LOL at sharing a link from that far right conspiracy nutjob.
Call him that if it makes you happy, but it doesn't mean the people he was interviewing are any less the "useful idiots" that make up a significant proportion of those attending these marches.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

The world is changing. America is slowly losing its influence on world events. China is soon to pass America economically, Putin has made Russia strong, Iran is emboldened
A new world order is starting to take place
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:53 pm The world is changing. America is slowly losing its influence on world events. China is soon to pass America economically, Putin has made Russia strong, Iran is emboldened
And do you like the idea of a weak America along with a strong Iran , China and a Putin controlled Russia ?
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:53 pm Putin has made Russia strong
The conclusions you come to never fail to amaze.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Comey- Which one would you like to live in?
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:20 pm
faldO wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:48 am

If it's inflammatory to ask what that flag means then why fly it in the first place if people don't understand what it means. Those on the video are definitely useful idiots .
A guy gets angry because of the a few basic questions ?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:53 pm The world is changing. America is slowly losing its influence on world events. China is soon to pass America economically, Putin has made Russia strong, Iran is emboldened
I partly agree with that . I'm don't think we can say Putin has now made Russia stronger . Surely he's made it weaker militarily and economically thanks to his folly over Ukraine . I think you're right about America losing its influence on the world stage . The dollar looks likes losing its place as the worlds reserve currency as the BRICS countries start using the Chinese yuan . So many people have complained about America over the years so I wonder what a Chinese lead world would look like .Saying that , China does have its problems as well so it will be interesting to see how things pan out with them . Iran is definitely more emboldened now and seems to be causing friction all around the Middle East . Yesterday I read that they fired missiles at Pakistan . That surprised me because I didn't know Iran had a problem with Pakistan . In my opinion Iran is the most likely country to spark WW3 either directly or indirectly .
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:32 pm
I partly agree with that . I'm don't think we can say Putin has now made Russia stronger . Surely he's made it weaker militarily and economically thanks to his folly over Ukraine . I think you're right about America losing its influence on the world stage . The dollar looks likes losing its place as the worlds reserve currency as the BRICS countries start using the Chinese yuan . So many people have explained about America over the years so I wonder what a Chinese lead world would look like .Saying that , China does have its problems as well so it will be interesting to see how things pan out with them . Iran is definitely more emboldened now and seems to be causing friction all around the Middle East . Yesterday I read that they fired missiles at Pakistan . That surprised me because I didn't know Iran had a problem with Pakistan . In my opinion Iran is the most likely country to spark WW3 either directly or indirectly .
Pakistan has carried out missile strikes inside Iran's borders, after Tehran's attack on Pakistani soil on Tuesday
Pakistan's foreign ministry said the strikes hit "terrorist hideouts" in Iran's Sistan-Baluchestan province
It added that the purpose of the attack was "in pursuit of Pakistan's own security and national interest"
Iran has condemned Pakistani missile strikes on its territory close to the border between the two countries
At least nine people have been killed in the attacks, Iranian state media reports
On Tuesday Iran struck targets inside Pakistan's Balochistan province, saying it was targeting the Jaish al-Adl group
Pakistan and Iran have long accused each other of harbouring militant groups that carry out attacks from regions along their shared border
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

Sid Bishop wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:23 pm
I partly agree with that . I'm don't think we can say Putin has now made Russia stronger . Surely he's made it weaker militarily and economically thanks to his folly over Ukraine . I think you're right about America losing its influence on the world stage . The dollar looks likes losing its place as the worlds reserve currency as the BRICS countries start using the Chinese yuan . So many people have explained about America over the years so I wonder what a Chinese lead world would look like .Saying that , China does have its problems as well so it will be interesting to see how things pan out with them . Iran is definitely more emboldened now and seems to be causing friction all around the Middle East . Yesterday I read that they fired missiles at Pakistan . That surprised me because I didn't know Iran had a problem with Pakistan . In my opinion Iran is the most likely country to spark WW3 either directly or indirectly .
Pakistan has carried out missile strikes inside Iran's borders, after Tehran's attack on Pakistani soil on Tuesday
Pakistan's foreign ministry said the strikes hit "terrorist hideouts" in Iran's Sistan-Baluchestan province
It added that the purpose of the attack was "in pursuit of Pakistan's own security and national interest"
Iran has condemned Pakistani missile strikes on its territory close to the border between the two countries
At least nine people have been killed in the attacks, Iranian state media reports
On Tuesday Iran struck targets inside Pakistan's Balochistan province, saying it was targeting the Jaish al-Adl group
Pakistan and Iran have long accused each other of harbouring militant groups that carry out attacks from regions along their shared border

I expect there will be more protests up town this weekend then.
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

Blimey!! ComeUpYourArse won't know which way to scuttle soon.
Neptune's Spear
Fresh Alias

Post by Neptune's Spear »

You guys are living in Cloud Cuckoo Land
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Chicken Dhansak wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:52 pm Blimey!! ComeUpYourArse won't know which way to scuttle soon.
You've been quiet lately Mr chicken Zionist. Maybe because you're ashamed of the 24,000 human beings your lot have murdered.
You finally break your silence to throw another insult my way.
Being insulted by you is a badge I wear with pride.
Every Zionist I pi55 off, gives me a little more pleasure.
Have a nice day
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Sid Bishop wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:15 pm
And do you like the idea of a weak America along with a strong Iran , China and a Putin controlled Russia ?
I was more or less going to say the same thing. It almost sounds as if he's punching the air at this possible outcome ?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:11 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:15 pm
I was more or less going to say the same thing. It almost sounds as if he's punching the air at this possible outcome ?
Im not liking the idea of any one country being able to control every other country.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

The first official US military casualties of the war?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68053528
faldO
Fresh Alias

Post by faldO »

Proposition Joe wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:02 pm Also, LOL at sharing a link from that far right conspiracy nutjob.
I see the "far right conspiracy nutjob" (see above) is appearing on BBC's Question Time later tonight. His third time, I think.

Looking forward to the howls of outrage tomorrow.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

I'd be more surprised if he hadn't been repeatedly platformed by Question Time.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I partly agree with that . I'm don't think we can say Putin has now made Russia stronger . Surely he's made it weaker militarily and economically thanks to his folly over Ukraine . I think you're right about America losing its influence on the world stage . The dollar looks likes losing its place as the worlds reserve currency as the BRICS countries start using the Chinese yuan . So many people have complained about America over the years so I wonder what a Chinese lead world would look like .Saying that , China does have its problems as well so it will be interesting to see how things pan out with them . Iran is definitely more emboldened now and seems to be causing friction all around the Middle East . Yesterday I read that they fired missiles at Pakistan . That surprised me because I didn't know Iran had a problem with Pakistan . In my opinion Iran is the most likely country to spark WW3 either directly or indirectly .
Sorry ,typo
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Everyone is watching now.

Something is about to happen
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

I dont think Iran will attack Israel directly, for a number of reasons

1...In an all out war, Israel will win, overall they are militarily stronger, and they have the Yanks to back them up.......Iran knows this

2.. Iran doesnt want a major war with Israel, because if they lose, there would be an overthrow of the incumbents, and they dont want to lose control

3..Iran knows, Israel would attack its nuclear facilities, setting back their quest for a nuclear bomb decades

4 Iran knows Israel does have a nuclear bomb, and would use it, regardless of the cost to life

I think Iran will attack Israeli interests somewhere in the world, like an embassy etc