Sorry to spoil the party but

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Brastrapovich0
Fresh Alias

Sorry to spoil the party but

Post by Brastrapovich0 »

that was a terrible performance - and without doubt the luckiest O's win I've ever seen - and that's in 62 years!

What the hell is wrong? Why substitute Monks when he is having one of his best games? Can he not last more than an hour? If so let's ask a few questions:
DD to RW? So many misplaced passes - embarrassing! And why do our most experienced players - today its Beckles and Pratley - keep giving away obvious fouls which cost us games? And let's all stop knocking Shaq Forde! If he hadn't come on today........
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Re: Sorry to spoil the party but

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

:lol:
Brastrapovich0 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:13 pm that was a terrible performance - and without doubt the luckiest O's win I've ever seen - and that's in 62 years!

What the hell is wrong? Why substitute Monks when he is having one of his best games? Can he not last more than an hour? If so let's ask a few questions:
DD to RW? So many misplaced passes - embarrassing! And why do our most experienced players - today its Beckles and Pratley - keep giving away obvious fouls which cost us games? And let's all stop knocking Shaq Forde! If he hadn't come on today........
Can't disagree with any of this.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Brastrapovich0 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:13 pm that was a terrible performance - and without doubt the luckiest O's win I've ever seen - and that's in 62 years!

George Moncur is in the team to create, we are struggling to create. He has 1 goal and no assists this season. He’s lucky to even be in the squad. He was replaced by the man who scored the winner.
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Luckier than a 95th minute penalty awarded after the Sutton keeper doing keepy uppers in the 94th minute ?
oriboy
Fresh Alias

Post by oriboy »

62 years???, That would make you 3 when you started Julian?? ;)
Monks is disappointing, can never seem to last the pace and fades out of games quickly. I would like to see him moved on in January to free wages up ( he must be one of the biggest earners at the club) for more experienced, fitter midfield player.
I think the Graham injury has knocked the stuffing out of the team and taken the way RW wanted to play out of the equation. We need to find our mojo again and a winning formula.
Finally, Shaq is raw but also has something about him that is exciting. He isn't frightened to shoot, turn on the ball or try different things, for that I think he earns his place in the team.
Brastrapovich0
Fresh Alias

Post by Brastrapovich0 »

Joe315 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:31 pm

Luckier than a 95th minute penalty awarded after the Sutton keeper doing keepy uppers in the 94th minute ?
Yes - because we played quite well in that game - and it was against eleven men!
Brastrapovich0
Fresh Alias

Post by Brastrapovich0 »

oriboy wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:40 pm

62 years???, That would make you 3 when you started Julian?? ;)
Monks is disappointing, can never seem to last the pace and fades out of games quickly. I would like to see him moved on in January to free wages up ( he must be one of the biggest earners at the club) for more experienced, fitter midfield player.
I think the Graham injury has knocked the stuffing out of the team and taken the way RW wanted to play out of the equation. We need to find our mojo again and a winning formula.
Finally, Shaq is raw but also has something about him that is exciting. He isn't frightened to shoot, turn on the ball or try different things, for that I think he earns his place in the team.
Eleven years old - first game was in 1962! Agree with everything else you say.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Brastrapovich0 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:46 pm
Joe315 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:31 pm

Yes - because we played quite well in that game - and it was against eleven men!
We only had 10 , IMO Sutton was luckier & realistically won us promotion.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Fresh Alias

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

"that was a terrible performance" - Totally agree we were indeed terrible.

"without doubt the luckiest O's win in 62 years!" - Did we deserve to win, no, but don't confuse bad play with a ridiculous win. Get real, we gave Cheltenham a needless penalty for their goal. Did they hit the woodwork numerous times and make Brynn make numerous saves, no. As bad as we were we had more shots than them. Not sure how that relates to our luckiest win in 62 years. Yes we were bad and playing 10 men for 60 minutes, but only because one of their players chose to make two rash challenges.
Fisch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fisch »

For as long as l can recall, Orient teams have always struggled on small pitches where closing down and dashing about like headless chickens is the normal mode of operation. It used to be worse when Brisbane Rd had the widest pitch in football.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

I agree with most of what has been said already, on this thread.
Around 86th minute we finally woke up and realised you need to pass forwards, and not constantly sideways and backwards, and we looked a different team.
I hope ( but doubt), its now dawned on the team, that the safety safety tactics are not working, and we must pass forwards, quickly
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:47 am I agree with most of what has been said already, on this thread.
Around 86th minute we finally woke up and realised you need to pass forwards, and not constantly sideways and backwards, and we looked a different team.
I hope ( but doubt), its now dawned on the team, that the safety safety tactics are not working, and we must pass forwards, quickly
Agreed. At times it looks like a leisurely training ground kick about. A classic example was the first 15 minutes of the second Lincoln match. Absolutely nothing happened of note. Must have been a tough gig reporting on it for any commentator.