0% Alcohol Lagers

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: 0% Alcohol Lagers

Post by Daily Express bot »

east saxon gas wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:17 am
Daily Express bot wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:58 am
east saxon gas wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 am Lots of good tips on this thread

Erdinger, Lucky Saint, M&S Czech lager, Ghost Ship are personal favourites

The Woodman by the M25 at Waltham Abbey does excellent Ghost Ship on draft

For anyone wishing that Kaliber were still available, try Cobra alcohol free
You saying the Woodman does Alcohol Free Ghost Ship on draft?
Well they certainly used to. And very nice it was too

It seemed a good choice for a pub that many would probably drive to

And went particularly well with a Sunday roast I thought
That is really good news indeed. I will check if still do. I suspect that it may be keg but that is no big deal to me as I quite enjoy the bottled version in Spoons. I think it is the way forward. Great as you say for a remote pub. You just reminded me of a time when I had to go in that pub as was caught short going to the old shoot next door to there on the site of the old White Bear Pub. I may write that tale. on the other thread.
Constanza
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Constanza »

At my Xmas works do in downtown Cashel last night. Was driving and had 3 pints of Guinness 00. I enjoyed them and was a good alternative but made the beige buffet less enjoyable.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

I look forward to a zero as much as a ‘full fat ‘ now.
CEB
Regular
Regular
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Post by CEB »

I’m still on the alcohol free stuff. What I’m noticing lately is that the routines are still there long after any alcohol craving goes - most evenings at about seven, nothing hits the spot like an alcohol free beer, and I’ve even been known to do a walk to wood street to get a few in of an evening when I realise I’ve run out.

Can’t tell whether that’s a good thing - I’ve successfully replaced alcohol with something that’s a lot less bad for me - or a bad thing - established patterns that I haven’t quite broken maybe show that there was and is an unhealthy reliance.

Anyway, current plan is to now wean meself off the alcohol free beers too and drink more water and tea.
Probably the three coffees in the morning not a great idea either
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Sounds like you're punishing yourself, you could end up living off of water and steamed vegetables.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

CEB wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:57 pm I’m still on the alcohol free stuff. What I’m noticing lately is that the routines are still there long after any alcohol craving goes - most evenings at about seven, nothing hits the spot like an alcohol free beer, and I’ve even been known to do a walk to wood street to get a few in of an evening when I realise I’ve run out.

Can’t tell whether that’s a good thing - I’ve successfully replaced alcohol with something that’s a lot less bad for me - or a bad thing - established patterns that I haven’t quite broken maybe show that there was and is an unhealthy reliance.

Anyway, current plan is to now wean meself off the alcohol free beers too and drink more water and tea.
Nothing?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Paid £6 for a CAN of guiness 0% at the Woodin Shades a few weeks back
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:51 pm Paid £6 for a CAN of guiness 0% at the Woodin Shades a few weeks back
Guinness Alcohol free is very drinkable , I would have refused to pay 6 quid for a can though ☹️
WilliamTell
Fresh Alias

Post by WilliamTell »

east saxon gas wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 am Lots of good tips on this thread

Erdinger, Lucky Saint, M&S Czech lager, Ghost Ship are personal favourites

The Woodman by the M25 at Waltham Abbey does excellent Ghost Ship on draft

For anyone wishing that Kaliber were still available, try Cobra alcohol free
You mean the Woodbine in Honey Lane. Rob tells me they put Ghost Ship zero on draft on a meet the brewer night on condition it wasn't named. Nobody guessed its strength. Great beer (ale) and cider drinkers pub with excellent food and ale.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Anybody know how much Tenants Extra is these days?
east saxon gas
Fresh Alias

Post by east saxon gas »

CEB wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:57 pm I’m still on the alcohol free stuff. What I’m noticing lately is that the routines are still there long after any alcohol craving goes - most evenings at about seven, nothing hits the spot like an alcohol free beer, and I’ve even been known to do a walk to wood street to get a few in of an evening when I realise I’ve run out.

one of my sons has done this. Well, he still drinks the alcoholic stuff as well, but probably goes non-alcy about two-thirds of the time. Seems a very good option to me
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Asahi 0% not worth it. Half of the can exploded all over me during a Frank Skinner stand up show as well.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:32 pm Asahi 0% not worth it. Half of the can exploded all over me during a Frank Skinner stand up show as well.
Were you at the gig in Southend?
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Had an Erdinger 0% at the weekend. It was very drinkable, but I was handed it as a promo at the end of a sporting event and was not up for drinking any type of beer. I'd drink it against if I were the nominated chauffeur one weekend.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Long slender neck wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:44 pm
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:32 pm Asahi 0% not worth it. Half of the can exploded all over me during a Frank Skinner stand up show as well.
Were you at the gig in Southend?
Colchester
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

I was at Southend, Frank was excellent but there was quite a bit of strange audience behaviour.

From the off, a woman/couple in the front row wouldnt stop looking at her phone and also said 'her dog had escaped'.
Boozed up woman wouldnt stop shouting out 'we love you Frank!'
Some men in second row walked in about half an hour late and agreed with Frank that it was a tough call whether to stay in the pub.
Man sitting on the right complained angrily during encore that Frank had spent too much time on the left side of the stage.

It began to feel a bit hostile, I've never been to a gig with so much rude behaviour and heckling, even in Southend.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Long slender neck wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:30 pm I was at Southend, Frank was excellent but there was quite a bit of strange audience behaviour.

From the off, a woman/couple in the front row wouldnt stop looking at her phone and also said 'her dog had escaped'.
Boozed up woman wouldnt stop shouting out 'we love you Frank!'
Some men in second row walked in about half an hour late and agreed with Frank that it was a tough call whether to stay in the pub.
Man sitting on the right complained angrily during encore that Frank had spent too much time on the left side of the stage.

It began to feel a bit hostile, I've never been to a gig with so much rude behaviour and heckling, even in Southend.
Blimey. We had someone embarrassingly shout 'ENG-ER-LAND' and when he talked about the Perrier Award he said to a 19 year old at the front that he wouldn't know we he was talking about and someone shouting 'WE DO KNOW'.

He dealt with them excellently though...how did he respond to the phone nob head?

Proper lost it at the Tim Rice story :D
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

At the very start of the show he asked her to put it away and this was when she said about the dog, he continued to ask her throughout the show but then I think resigned himself to the fact that she wouldnt and just said things like 'you know you dont have to be here, its not a course of anti biotics'. The woman eventually left quite near the end. Bizarre people.

Tim Rice was a highlight.

I got the tickets as a gift and wouldnt have thought to get them myself, but I'm glad I saw him, a naturally gifted comedian and just nice bloke.