Tomorrow’s game - Lincoln (h)

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Jman
Fresh Alias

Tomorrow’s game - Lincoln (h)

Post by Jman »

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but can’t find any reference to it on the forum yet.

A lot of talk that Lincoln were going to let us walk the ball in from kick off, but that seems to have gone very quiet.

I’m expecting that won’t happen now to be honest but will be interesting to see, putting aside whether it’s the right thing to do or not.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Re: Tomorrow’s game - Lincoln (h)

Post by Proposition Joe »

Whoever said they were going to do that? Some online chat from fans, no-one from either Club.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Jman wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:27 pm Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but can’t find any reference to it on the forum yet.

A lot of talk that Lincoln were going to let us walk the ball in from kick off, but that seems to have gone very quiet.

I’m expecting that won’t happen now to be honest but will be interesting to see, putting aside whether it’s the right thing to do or not.
To be honest I hope that doesn’t happen . I wouldn’t trust the EFL not to deduct both clubs some points. Just play the game properly from the beginning and then we can put this game behind us.
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

Fuc the EFL
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

The only way they'd give us a 1-0 lead is if both sides were going to piss about for 82 minutes before they started playing otherwise what would be the point? Wouldn't replicate anything.
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:02 pm The only way they'd give us a 1-0 lead is if both sides were going to piss about for 82 minutes before they started playing otherwise what would be the point? Wouldn't replicate anything.
It would go quite a long way. I would want Orient to do it if the boot was on the other foot.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

A long way towards what? They'd have another 89 minutes plus stoppages to chase an equaliser, as opposed to about 8 plus stoppages. What would that do or achieve other than just being a nice thing to do?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Let’s face it, we are only going to lose this aren’t we?
Wally Banter
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Wally Banter »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:09 am Let’s face it, we are only going to lose this aren’t we?
…and I’m pretty sure a few fans will label their players a disgrace for trying to win.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Wally Banter wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:32 am
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:09 am Let’s face it, we are only going to lose this aren’t we?
…and I’m pretty sure a few fans will label their players a disgrace for trying to win.
Nailed on and in 20 years time, boos etc will be heard whenever we play them.
3GO
Fresh Alias

Post by 3GO »

Surely everyone there just wants to see a normal competitive game of football? Why else would we turn up?
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

Just need a convincing win in tribute to the the Gentleman lifelong fan , Derek Reynolds, whose tragic passing resulted in this match. We don’t need ill feelings in front of his family and friends or on pitch dramas. If I were RE I’d tell the team to go out there and win then put it behind us.
Wally Banter
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Wally Banter »

Agreed. Let’s hope RW advises the team to win.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Just play the game properly. The last thing we want is a points deduction for any shenanigans . I don’t trust the EFL so no one goal start malarkey. If we lose then that’s just life.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

Wally Banter wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:48 am Agreed. Let’s hope RW advises the team to win.
I could not agree with you more, the only other alternative would be disastrous. We had it in the bag so now just need to button it up and relish the points.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

We having another minute’s silence?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Daily Express bot wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:54 am
Wally Banter wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:48 am Agreed. Let’s hope RW advises the team to win.
I could not agree with you more, the only other alternative would be disastrous. We had it in the bag so now just need to button it up and relish the points.
Agreed, the alternative to RW telling the players to win and instead instructing them to lose the match doesn't bare thinking about!!
CEB
Regular
Regular
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Post by CEB »

Honestly it feels in pretty poor taste for RW to be encouraging the idea that the three points are what matters here. In fact, his apparent obsession with the idea that three points would somehow serve to cancel out the tragedy in the minds of the family is frankly disgraceful.
It strikes me that if this match results in 0 points, that the zero would be highly symbolic - don’t we all end up as zero eventually? Even the three points, if we were to be so small minded as to actively seek them out, would, in years to come, be meaningless in the scheme of things.
For my money, both teams should wear black, and anyone attempting to score should be sacked
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:01 am We having another minute’s silence?
Well yeah. Given it's the rematch of the game during which Derek passed, of course we're having another minutes silence.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Just read the tribute on the clubs website to Derek written by his son - very touching. While I always thought it would be this game should not have been replayed and to be honest I don't really care about the points, by playing tonight it shows the EFLs disregard for the feelings of Derek's family.

f*** the EFL.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Hoover Attack wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:34 am
BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:01 am We having another minute’s silence?
Well yeah. Given it's the rematch of the game during which Derek passed, of course we're having another minutes silence.
Why of course? How many more are we going to have? Will every Lincoln game be the Derek Reynolds memorial now?
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

Have the club said anything about the ticket sales above and beyond the costs of the game being staged being donated to Charity. If not they should no profit should be made from this evenings fixture.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

CEB wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:18 am Honestly it feels in pretty poor taste for RW to be encouraging the idea that the three points are what matters here. In fact, his apparent obsession with the idea that three points would somehow serve to cancel out the tragedy in the minds of the family is frankly disgraceful.
It strikes me that if this match results in 0 points, that the zero would be highly symbolic - don’t we all end up as zero eventually? Even the three points, if we were to be so small minded as to actively seek them out, would, in years to come, be meaningless in the scheme of things.
For my money, both teams should wear black, and anyone attempting to score should be sacked
You're entitled to your opinion, but I've given it some thought and, if a replay is a must, then I reckon we may as well win it. But in a respectful way, of course. The sooner we can put this victory behind us the sooner we can all move on.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

No one has confirmed with Derek was the tannoy announcer in the 90s who would scream GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAL on the rare occasion that we did actually score
timothy
Fresh Alias

Post by timothy »

I don't think that was Derek. More likely to have been Simon Fellman who also did a stint as
matchday announcer whenever Keith Simpson was indisposed.
Last edited by timothy on Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.