New O's Jewish Supporters Group

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

New O's Jewish Supporters Group

Post by aylesburyos »

https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2023/ ... on-Orient/

Great name & Logo. They join Rainbow O's. Other fans can form groups too. Watford, TH & Arsenal all have Jewish fans groups. As a % of fans we probably have the biggest share of Jewish fans. Plus a proud history of Jewish players & directors
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Re: New O's Jewish Supporters Group

Post by one o in huntingdon »

Some of my good friends over many years at the O's are from the Jewish community
Have been in my thoughts more than usual the past few weeks, hope they are all doing ok

Always remember seeing the programme message September time wishing our Jewish supporters a happy new year.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Great name.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

What is the purpose of the group?
bobo66
Fresh Alias

Post by bobo66 »

Why can't you just be an Os supporter?
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

As bobo66 has just said what is the difference which god you pray to, we all love the same club so race or religion should not even be considered.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Hoover Attack wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:56 am What is the purpose of the group?
If you’d bothered to read the article linked in the OP……
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

bobo66 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:30 am Why can't you just be an Os supporter?
It is not compulsory to join it .
Northern
Fresh Alias

Post by Northern »

Won't be many I thought there was only about 240'000 Jews in the country. Taking into consideration not all like football or the Orient. Safety in numbers keep the faith with the Orient.
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

I get that other fans can form groups too, but we're all O's fans. Why the need to be separate? Surely all inclusive is better.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Good luck to them
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

Chicken Dhansak wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:50 am As bobo66 has just said what is the difference which god you pray to, we all love the same club so race or religion should not even be considered.
Especially, when, if you look at events in the world today, it's clear there is no "God", and the ludicrous interpretations/fairy stories built up around said "God", cast as "religion" contribute to most of the genocide on the planet.

Notwithstanding, for me, the Jewish community represent a fine example of integration into this country. Along with others, but unlike others too.

I have Jewish friends and they are amazing people without doubt.

However for me, yet another "are you in our club?" group, is only likely to increase division, not eradicate it and bring unity (which is what I, and no doubt most, want).

London' simpleton mayor's statement of "diversity is our strength" is laughable to all apart from those that wear a red rosette. We should be looking towards "unity", not "diversity".

If there are 3 people sitting at a bus-stop that follow 3 religions and speak 3 different languages and can't communicate, that is not a strength, but a representation of failed unity and a failed system of integration.

Groups of this nature only increase division, by pointing out diffences, and do not promote unity; though of course I do wish "them" (as they clearly now wish to be seen) all well and all success with this venture.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Northern wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:25 pm Won't be many I thought
There will - potentially - be lots. Orient has a massive match-going Jewish support base.
bobo66
Fresh Alias

Post by bobo66 »

Scuba Diver wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:59 pm
Chicken Dhansak wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:50 am As bobo66 has just said what is the difference which god you pray to, we all love the same club so race or religion should not even be considered.
Especially, when, if you look at events in the world today, it's clear there is no "God", and the ludicrous interpretations/fairy stories built up around said "God", cast as "religion" contribute to most of the genocide on the planet.

Notwithstanding, for me, the Jewish community represent a fine example of integration into this country. Along with others, but unlike others too.

However for me, yet another "are you in our club?" group, is only likely to increase division, not eradicate it and bring unity (which is what I, and no doubt most, want).

London' simpleton mayor's statement of "diversity is our strength" is laughable to all apart from those that wear a red rosette. We should be looking towards "unity", not "diversity".

If there are 3 people sitting at a bus-stop that follow 3 religions and speak 3 different languages and can't communicate, that is not a strength, but a representation of failed unity and a failed system of integration.

Groups of this nature only increase division, by pointing out diffences, and do not promote unity; though of course I do wish "them" (as they clearly now wish to be seen) all well and all success with this venture.
I don't think any of the major conflicts in the world today can be considered to be based on religions, they are about land. What's more to the point in my earlier post, is that you are an atheist, I am a Christian but we are both Orient supporters.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

bobo66 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:01 pm
Scuba Diver wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:59 pm

I don't think any of the major conflicts in the world today can be considered to be based on religions, they are about land. What's more to the point in my earlier post, is that you are an atheist, I am a Christian but we are both Orient supporters.
Israel/Palestine isnt about Religon ? Oh do come on.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Good for them if it brings fans together. There are plenty of groups, for example maybe you go to the supporters club, play for the Orientear or post on this forum! Dont see it as divisive.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

We should have one Idris can be ambassador for .
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Long slender neck wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:42 pm Good for them if it brings fans together. There are plenty of groups, for example maybe you go to the supporters club, play for the Orientear or post on this forum! Dont see it as divisive.
Fairly sure you don’t have to be Jewish to be in any of the groups you mention though.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

o-no wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:44 pm
Long slender neck wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:42 pm Good for them if it brings fans together. There are plenty of groups, for example maybe you go to the supporters club, play for the Orientear or post on this forum! Dont see it as divisive.
Fairly sure you don’t have to be Jewish to be in any of the groups you mention though.
But it helps
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

“I’d never join a club who’d have me as a member.”
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Why would a gentile want to join a Jewish supporters club?
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Long slender neck wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:37 am
Going back to my initial question, why would anyone want to joint this club, what is its purpose?
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Orient_Man_And_Boy wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:32 am “I’d never join a club who’d have me as a member.”
Didn’t Groucho Marx say the same?
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:22 am

Going back to my initial question, why would anyone want to joint this club, what is its purpose?
You do not have to join it do you?
Last edited by Daily Express bot on Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Because they would be supporting it?