Oxford United

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Oxford United

Post by BIGRON »

Top of our division after a 2-1 victory , they also won the red card count 2-1 🤔
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Oxford United

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

BIGRON wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:58 pm Top of our division after a 2-1 victory , they also won the red card count 2-1 🤔
Yes , they won with only nine men left on the pitch which makes their win impressive .TBH, I'm not looking forward to playing against them because many of their supporters still hate us for that end of season game back in 2006.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:47 pm
BIGRON wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:58 pm Top of our division after a 2-1 victory , they also won the red card count 2-1 🤔
Yes , they won with only nine men left on the pitch which makes their win impressive .TBH, I'm not looking forward to playing against them because many of their supporters still hate us for that end of season game back in 2006.
“Hating” another club because the team you support happened to lose to them in a match almost 20 years ago is properly weird behaviour.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

The Reverend wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:26 pm
“Hating” another club because the team you support happened to lose to them in a match almost 20 years ago is properly weird behaviour.
A few years ago somebody on here put up a link to their messageboard when we got relegated to the National League. They were venomous against us . Their hatred all came from that last game of 2006. They reckon we rubbed it in their faces because while we were going up and they were getting relegated to the National League . Saying things like karma is a bitch , we lacked any class and hoped we got relegated further to the National League South .
Eggski
Fresh Alias

Post by Eggski »

I got a my degree in Cambridge,so hate Oxford
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by ContrifibulatoryFred »

Our 1-0 win there in league 2 near the end of Kevin Nolan’s stint as manager - with a goal from Jobi - was one of my favourite ever away games.

The Os fans sang ‘we made you cry’ almost continuously through the match. I feel that game did a lot to reinforce Oxford fans antipathy towards us
Jman
Fresh Alias

Post by Jman »

ContrifibulatoryFred wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:54 am Our 1-0 win there in league 2 near the end of Kevin Nolan’s stint as manager - with a goal from Jobi - was one of my favourite ever away games.

The Os fans sang ‘we made you cry’ almost continuously through the match. I feel that game did a lot to reinforce Oxford fans antipathy towards us
Great scenes that day. Remember it being a real smash and grab
Constanza
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Constanza »

They should stop moaning, they get to the final of the boat race every year.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Constanza wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:38 am They should stop moaning, they get to the final of the boat race every year.
Exactly because you never hear Cambridge moaning ;)
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

Thing is football supporters have long memories...
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

Give it to Jabo wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:52 pm Thing is football supporters have long memories...
So true. And many are predictably selective.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Give it to Jabo wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:52 pm Thing is football supporters have long memories...
Yup, I remember Scunthorpe fans gloating at us after Wembley '99
I very much enjoyed that coming full circle with us sending them down to NL
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

gshaw wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:13 pm
Yup, I remember Scunthorpe fans gloating at us after Wembley '99
I very much enjoyed that coming full circle with us sending them down to NL
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:34 am

A few years ago somebody on here put up a link to their messageboard when we got relegated to the National League. They were venomous against us . Their hatred all came from that last game of 2006. They reckon we rubbed it in their faces because while we were going up and they were getting relegated to the National League . Saying things like karma is a bitch , we lacked any class and hoped we got relegated further to the National League South .
Such generalisation. After that Oxford game it was chaos trying to get back out of town to anywhere. I needed to get to the Park and Ride with my young son and we could not get a cab anywhere and buses were full. I met Oxford fans in a pub and I asked to share a cab with three nice young men who were going my way. They were obviously gutted but showed no hate towards us in our colours. We discussed the match on way, we shook hands and we were all fine. They worried how long they would be out of the league. Look at them now.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:37 pm

Such generalisation. After that Oxford game it was chaos trying to get back out of town to anywhere. I needed to get to the Park and Ride with my young son and we could not get a cab anywhere and buses were full. I met Oxford fans in a pub and I asked to share a cab with three nice young men who were going my way. They were obviously gutted but showed no hate towards us in our colours. We discussed the match on way, we shook hands and we were all fine. They worried how long they would be out of the league. Look at them now.
I'm only relying what I read on their messageboard . Some were saying we were taking the piss out of them . I wasn't at that game so don't know if that's true or not . Like I said , I'm only repeating what I read .
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

I loved every second of that day, winning in the last minute was pure ecstasy, singing as loud as I could in their 2 Bob three sided sh*t hole. Then driving home leaving that stinky little trading estate listening to talk sport all the way back. Then I bought the DVD and watched it all to soak up the atmosphere of that day again again again. Ah sweet sweet day.
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:12 pm
Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:37 pm

I'm only relying what I read on their messageboard . Some were saying we were taking the piss out of them . I wasn't at that game so don't know if that's true or not . Like I said , I'm only repeating what I read .
I was at the game, we just got promotion into league one, I can only speak for myself and the people around, we were too busy cheering and singing with the team to pay attention to Oxford fans.
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

That day the only Oxford fan we derided was the lone idiot who ran across the pitch thinking he could take on all of us single-handedly.

It’s a shame the stewards held him back.
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

The football authorities did nothing about Jabo being attacked by their fans on the pitch. At the time Oxford did not know that it would be such a crucial match so gave us extra tickets. There were 6000 O's there. Was like a home match
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

there were some unfortunate incidents - such as the buses that scooped up Orient fans at full time to take us to the train station... chock full of delirious Os, some of whom taunted tearful families with children as the bus sped past them outside the ground. Very unnecessary.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

I was steward on one of the supporters club coaches that game. I think we were more worried about getting them out in one piece and the police keeping a baying mob away from our coaches to goad them.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Lifelongfan wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:25 am The football authorities did nothing about Jabo being attacked by their fans on the pitch. At the time Oxford did not know that it would be such a crucial match so gave us extra tickets. There were 6000 O's there. Was like a home match
Wasnt it Zakuani who got punched?