FAO Mickeys Bullock, COYOS, RedDwarf (and others)

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

FAO Mickeys Bullock, COYOS, RedDwarf (and others)

Post by Proposition Joe »

There is hope for you, it doesn't have to be this way:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... us-beliefs
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: FAO Mickeys Bullock, COYOS, RedDwarf (and others)

Post by Dunners »

Don't click on that link guys. It's a trap!
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Too late, I clicked it and its uploaded all my emails to Hilary's server over 5G. :x
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

Long slender neck wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:42 pm Too late, I clicked it and its uploaded all my emails to Hilary's server over 5G. :x
Ooooooh, look at me. I’ve got 5G.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Clicking on that link will just activate your vaccine chip and next thing you'll be a rabid non-binary communist.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Dunners wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:37 pm Don't click on that link guys. It's a trap!
If it's a trap why the fook would a Moderator post it ☹️☹️
Holybourne Identity
Fresh Alias

Post by Holybourne Identity »

Well worth reading. It gives, partly through the subject's own voice, a strong explanation of why persons become conspiracy obsessives: inability to analyse information and research credible sources, and a lack of knowledge about historical and current affairs. That and the ever decreasing circles of social media algorithms that feed the nonsense.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Long slender neck wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:42 pm Too late, I clicked it and its uploaded all my emails to Hilary's server over 5G. :x
Don’t worry, she’ll destroy them with a hammer 🔨
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Nice try, but don't believe a word of it. Its all part of the conspiracy
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

BIGRON wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:49 pm
Dunners wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:37 pm Don't click on that link guys. It's a trap!
If it's a trap why the fook would a Moderator post it ☹️☹️
To get the rest of us on board.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

First, they came for Assange, and I said nothing
Then, Piers Corbyn, and I sat there cackling
Now, they come for the actors and activists, and still I do nowt https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ez-cameras
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Well you named me, so( foolishly perhaps ) I'll give a little reply
I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I just ask question, and don't believe everything in told by those in power, who lie & lie & lie again, as has been proven many times.
Why would anyone believe Word the government tell you.
I ask questions, when I'm unsure. I just don't take what I'm told, without asking a question or two .

Many so called conspiracies have been proven true many years after
For example, in the sixties, just before America got fully involved in Vietnam , there was an incident referred to as the Bay of Tolkien incident, where apparently, some Vietnamese vessels shot and destroyed American ships, killing several American sailors.
It gave America a reason to fully commit to the war
But some people thought all wasnt as it seemed
They said these Vietnamese ships wernt Vietnamese at all, but American ships, disguised as Vietnamese ships in what we now call a false flag attack.
The Americans did this to their own ships and killed their own citizens.
Most people called these conspiracy people nutters etc, but in 2000, the CIA admitted it wasn't Vietnamese ships, they were American ships pretending to be Vietnamese ships, so the so called conspiracy nutters, actually wernt nutters at all, they were right all along.
Government's lie, just ask questions before you believe them
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:24 pm Well you named me, so( foolishly perhaps ) I'll give a little reply
I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I just ask question, and don't believe everything in told by those in power, who lie & lie & lie again, as has been proven many times.
I ask questions, when I'm unsure. I just don't take what I'm told, without asking a question or two .

For example, in the sixties, just before America got fully involved in Vietnam , there was an incident referred to as the Bay of Tolkien incident, where apparently, some Vietnamese vessels shot and destroyed American ships, killing several American sailors.
They said these Vietnamese ships wernt Vietnamese at all, but American ships, disguised as Vietnamese ships in what we now call a false flag attack.
Most people called these conspiracy people nutters etc, but in 2000, the CIA admitted it wasn't Vietnamese ships, they were American ships pretending to be Vietnamese ships, so the so called conspiracy nutters, actually wernt nutters at all, they were right all along.
Hadn’t heard of the bay of Tolkien

What else do you think, with the passage of time and expanding openess, that is considered “conspiracy theory” could turn out to be true?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:43 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:24 pm Well you named me, so( foolishly perhaps ) I'll give a little reply

What else do you think, with the passage of time and expanding openess, that is considered “conspiracy theory” could turn out to be true?
9/11 is definitely a false flag. Probably the death of Princess Diana, JFK murder
Thing is people forget, and so the incident gets left in history
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Crack on then - I'm sure it won't be foolish.
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:24 pm

No they didn't. There were no US casualties in the incident, apparently. And no damage to any US military hardware. The Americans did spend a chunk of the "battle" firing at the empty sea. "Johnson himself apparently had his own doubts about what happened in the Gulf on 4 August. A few days after the Tonkin Gulf Resolution was passed, he commented, "Hell, those damn, stupid sailors were just shooting at flying fish."
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:24 pm
Think you'll need to come up with a link to that tidbit. There were no ships, it was a balls up, right enough, and was used as a pretext to go to war, but here you go with the typical Conspiracy Wing-nut ploy. You've taken on all the embellishments, the "false flag", the "US Sailors killed deliberately by their own side" (think on that one for a wee bit, eh?), the ships "pretending to be Vietnamese".

No doubt at all it was used as a pretext to go to war. But not a planned operation.

Here's the cover story (or one version of it you can find in about 30 seconds googlage). It's quite an interesting story, but not a "false flag"
https://www.historyhit.com/the-gulf-of- ... explained/
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Why would 9/11 be a false flag?
oxo
Fresh Alias

Post by oxo »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:24 pm I'm not a conspiracy theorist
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:53 pm 9/11 is definitely a false flag. Probably the death of Princess Diana, JFK murder
These are textbook examples of conspiracy theories though. Believing them doesn't make you a 'nutter', but clearly you believe in a number of conspiracy theories.

I agree with you that the US government lies and covers things up all the time (most governments, large corporations etc probably do), but I also think "9/11 is a false flag" and similar theories are totally implausible.

Seems to me that your skepticism is a healthy response to the world we find ourselves in, but there is a middle ground between believing what you're told by the authorities and rejecting in its entirity the description of events in the history books
Last edited by oxo on Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Friend or faux
Fresh Alias

Post by Friend or faux »

A long time ago the BBC did a Horizon programme about whacky theories. It is so long ago, I can't give many details. But stuff like did aliens build the Egyptian pyramids? They did in depth analysis and came to the conclusion it was a load of old tosh. They said the mundane answers to the so called enigmas were considerably more boring than the headline grabbing stuff.
Another good example of this was, where Auntie Beeb was hoodwinked By the Holy Blood holy Grail tosh. I mean everyone wants to find King Soloman's treasure in their back garden
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:53 pm
I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I just ask question, and don't believe everything in told by those in power, who lie & lie & lie again, as has been proven many times. Why would anyone believe Word the government tell you. I ask questions, when I'm unsure. I just don't take what I'm told, without asking a question or two .

9/11 is definitely a false flag.
Probably the death of Princess Diana,
JFK murder
You only need to stick covid in there and you have the full set of conspiracy theories lol.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:53 pm 9/11 is definitely a false flag. Probably the death of Princess Diana, JFK murder
I could see Diana and JFK, but 9/11 was just too big an incident to make it possible (too many people would have to be involved and too many variables for it to not work)
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

I think you've misunderstood what happened at the gulf of tonkin. There was an initial attack on the US vessel which subsequently shotdown a vietnamese vessel. There was then a second attack reported in the subsequent day with nothing being shot as they were just shooting a dodgy sonar. The US didn't kill any of their own sailors. The 2 dodgy points from the US were that they fired first in the first attack, and never reported it, and in the second they thought they were under attack, and fired back, but nothing was out there, but used this as a pretence to go to war. The official documents are available to read if you've got a spare year to kill :lol:
ChorizO
Fresh Alias

Post by ChorizO »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:53 pm
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:43 pm

9/11 is definitely a false flag. Probably the death of Princess Diana, JFK murder
Are you digging your hole with a proper shovel or one of those plastic ones from Poundland?
Wally Banter
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Wally Banter »

He's right though - incidents like 9/11, Diana's death and JFK murder do get left in history. You don't hear a peep about them now.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Nobody ever mentioned 11/9 these days either.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Or 7/11s. Those used to be everywhere but it's years since I've seen one. What are those sneaky f*ckers up to?