Daryl McMahon

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Re: Daryl McMahon

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Im seriously not sure how McMahon can improve our free kicks and corners, more than RW.

To me Richie is head & Shoulders the best coach/manager we've ever had, so why bring in another guy?
DaggerHam
Fresh Alias

Post by DaggerHam »

Be very afraid if he is allowed anyway near team selection;
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

The chiefs now outnumber the first team squad. Let's have a match, 1st team v staff, should be interesting.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

DaggerHam wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:38 am Be very afraid if he is allowed anyway near team selection;
He wont.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:31 am Im seriously not sure how McMahon can improve our free kicks and corners, more than RW.

To me Richie is head & Shoulders the best coach/manager we've ever had, so why bring in another guy?
Joking and conspiracy theories aside it’s a really odd appointment.

Ask the question: were the club actively looking for a “development & set-piece coach” and he was the best man for the job?

Or, did they create a role to give the guy a job?

I suspect the second one is the case and that’s a bit strange.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

The Reverend wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:01 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:31 am Im seriously not sure how McMahon can improve our free kicks and corners, more than RW.

Ask the question: were the club actively looking for a “development & set-piece coach” and he was the best man for the job?

Why did Richie say, we usually end up with a few lads who stay back on away trips & that is a waist, so Daryl being here we got more from them which in turn helps the squad. Did he make that up to cover for someone ?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

If this wasn't Richie idea then I wouldn't be very happy about it . Apart from Justin , Richie is the best manager we've had in God knows how long . I don't know what extra Daryl can bring to the team that Richie can't .
Neptune's Spear
Fresh Alias

Post by Neptune's Spear »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:37 pm

If this wasn't Richie idea then I wouldn't be very happy about it . Apart from Justin , Richie is the best manager we've had in God knows how long . I don't know what extra Daryl can bring to the team that Richie can't .
I hope that McMahon's appointment doesnt upset the applecart.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Would anyone else's supporter base lose their mind over the appointment of a coach?
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Proposition Joe wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:01 am Would anyone else's supporter base lose their mind over the appointment of a coach?
You have an odd definition of “lose their mind”.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Was on the Orient bench today. I thought part his job was to look after the players who didn’t travel. Very strange appointment.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

The Reverend wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:33 pm McMahon has officially named as “Development & set piece coach” by Leyton Orient today.

Watch your back Richie…
I thought we were low on budget. Looks lika a waste of time and money.Something is not quite right Noticed that for the last couple of weeks RW has not done any pre match interviews.
Highwood Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Highwood Man »

We have played 10 league games this season and I don't recall us scoring as a result of a corner or a free kick. in fact, corners and free kicks really are almost a liability for us these days. Looking at the highlights yesterday, at one point we got a corner, Fleetwood broke away and almost scored and that is by no means the only time that has happened this season.

I agree that if we have surplus budget we should be using it on trying to find someone who can actually stick the ball in the net rather than a development and set piece coach.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

moonwalk19 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:10 am
The Reverend wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:33 pm McMahon has officially named as “Development & set piece coach” by Leyton Orient today.

Watch your back Richie…
I thought we were low on budget. Looks lika a waste of time and money.Something is not quite right Noticed that for the last couple of weeks RW has not done any pre match interviews.
This is what seems strange about it. On one hand you have Nigel moaning about having to put extra in the budget and fans not buying his burgers, then weeks later adds another member of staff to the wage bill.

Even on a low wage by football standards (let's say 30-40k a year) that's 3 months or so of a January loanee's wages.
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

gshaw wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:52 am
moonwalk19 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:10 am

Watch your back Richie…
This is what seems strange about it. On one hand you have Nigel moaning about having to put extra in the budget and fans not buying his burgers, then weeks later adds another member of staff to the wage bill.

Even on a low wage by football standards (let's say 30-40k a year) that's 3 months or so of a January loanee's wages.
Well said gshaw, my thoughts exactly.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

Quite an easy value for money exercise to quantify the justification in the appointment by the amount of goals we score from a corner post employing Mr Setpiece.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Great win, corners rubbish again , we got to work on these and change it about a bit as so many wasted opportunities. They were too long .
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

If Daryl is set piece coach for attacking as well as defensive set pieces, IMO we were better at corners before he got the job and we were lousy even then. No improvement in our attacking corner play but fortunately we got lucky with the one we scored from 👍👍
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Our corners in the first half were absolute garbage. Brown in the second half just banging it into the mixer was an improvement and then Graham at the end finally made us actually threaten a bit.
Eggski
Fresh Alias

Post by Eggski »

Offered the Gillingham job, turned it down . Well some one told my uncles , sisters mate lol
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Eggski wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:14 am Offered the Gillingham job, turned it down . Well some one told my uncles , sisters mate lol
Your Aunt’s friend?
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

6 points clear and a game in hand. Can't blow it, surely.....
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Steve Gritt as his assistant. Blimey.
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

LittleMate wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:37 pm 6 points clear and a game in hand. Can't blow it, surely.....
Wait until Daryl gets to grips with those set pieces. They'll probably just make the play offs!