Hospitality Prices

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Hospitality Prices

Post by Cheshunto »

We had on a few occasions last season treated ourselves to the Hospitality, and as season ticket holders paid £25 each in what was the “50s Club “ ( Now the E10 Lounge )
This is now, for this season, a whopping £144 each or £78 if you already have a season ticket and just want the food.

The main restaurant was, I think an add on of around £40 last season and this has also been increased by around 100%

I will be interested to see how bookings go although for me we will probably stick with the Lion and Key or Figo’s for our pre-match meal.

I would much rather support the club but these price increases put it beyond my means .
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Hospitality Prices

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

£78 for a meal before a football game is some going. Be interested to see what it’s like cos at that price it needs to be top quality
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Haven't been since the £10 pie and pint deal
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Is the Fat Fryer still doing his magic on match days and now concentrates his efforts in The Lounge?
O Superman
Fresh Alias

Post by O Superman »

Absolutely agree. My 90 year old Dad really enjoys the meal before a match but there is no way i can fork out that sort of money. You expect a 10% increase or something but this sounds like an absolute rip off unless we have recruited Gordon Ramsay in place of a goalkeeper and a striker. :(((
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Rumours are we’ve got Dean Brill back in the building…
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

O Superman wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:12 pm Absolutely agree. My 90 year old Dad really enjoys the meal before a match but there is no way i can fork out that sort of money. You expect a 10% increase or something but this sounds like an absolute rip off unless we have recruited Gordon Ramsay in place of a goalkeeper and a striker. :(((
My guess is that people will vote with their feet and eat elsewhere at these prices, which is a shame as the waiting staff are all very nice and friendly etc
We had one or two good meals last season but one v Swindon was poor quality Fish and Chips .
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

Far too much. I’d suggest emailing the club to advise why you won’t be paying it as if they’re financially excluding people, as a community football club, they need to look at their business model and how they operate.

Personally I don’t ever eat pre or post match but (as I live here) always support local business. We are blessed to have very good options near the ground, which other clubs fans would give their right arm for. Best to use the excellent local places to ensure they’re always there and vote with your feet.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Let’s be honest, the club don’t want you or me. These are designed to attract the investors and their mates. I get why they are doing it but they’ve priced the average fan out
Equaliser0
Fresh Alias

Post by Equaliser0 »

Normally visit twice a season on top of all home games , looking forward again .
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

If we want to achieve further aims then the ante has to go up. Regrettably that means change. Years back we embraced American owners (with some local interest); now we have London based Americans sponsoring the club. There's new money about and a more professional way of thinking at board level (the membership scheme being the latest). I only use this facility once every 2 years as I've never really enjoyed it as a build up to the game, but I will probably give it a go this season just because I didn't go last season. As long as it sells and is seen as value for money (winning helps this a lot) then it can only be good for our clubs further development.
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:36 pm Let’s be honest, the club don’t want you or me. These are designed to attract the investors and their mates. I get why they are doing it but they’ve priced the average fan out
Most of football is like that now (EFL upwards)
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

LittleMate wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:55 pm If we want to achieve further aims then the ante has to go up. Regrettably that means change. Years back we embraced American owners (with some local interest); now we have London based Americans sponsoring the club. There's new money about and a more professional way of thinking at board level (the membership scheme being the latest). I only use this facility once every 2 years as I've never really enjoyed it as a build up to the game, but I will probably give it a go this season just because I didn't go last season. As long as it sells and is seen as value for money (winning helps this a lot) then it can only be good for our clubs further development.
Yes I get all that, but to double the prices in one fell swoop will alienate ordinary fans who enjoyed hospitality in previous years at reasonable prices. I hope that the food offering will be massively improved in line with price hikes from £65 to £144.
Lucy and the team in the restaurants do a great job and are always friendly and helpful and I do hope that they can continue to attract fans in both venues, it won’t be me, but maybe I’m wrong and there will be plenty willing to pay the higher prices.
It will be interesting to see……….
O Superman
Fresh Alias

Post by O Superman »

Cheshunto wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:26 pm
LittleMate wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:55 pm If we want to achieve further aims then the ante has to go up. Regrettably that means change. Years back we embraced American owners (with some local interest); now we have London based Americans sponsoring the club. There's new money about and a more professional way of thinking at board level (the membership scheme being the latest). I only use this facility once every 2 years as I've never really enjoyed it as a build up to the game, but I will probably give it a go this season just because I didn't go last season. As long as it sells and is seen as value for money (winning helps this a lot) then it can only be good for our clubs further development.
Yes I get all that, but to double the prices in one fell swoop will alienate ordinary fans who enjoyed hospitality in previous years at reasonable prices. I hope that the food offering will be massively improved in line with price hikes from £65 to £144.
Lucy and the team in the restaurants do a great job and are always friendly and helpful and I do hope that they can continue to attract fans in both venues, it won’t be me, but maybe I’m wrong and there will be plenty willing to pay the higher prices.
It will be interesting to see……….
This - 100%
I totally get the fact that we have moved up the EFL, which means that prices go up - and we want to attract a different fan base.
However, whilst I (and my dad) really enjoy the hospitality 2-3 times a season, Michelin starred cuisine it ain't and the price increases are not far off that price bracket.
I see that they are chucking in a 'welcome drink' this time - which is fine if, like me, you want an alcoholic drink. if you only want a diet coke though, it's even worse value for money.
As CheshuntO has said, Lucy and her team are absolutely fantastic but this seems to me to be a real slap in the face for the many people who have supported the hospitality over the last few years.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

I treated my 3 sons and 1 grandson to a game last season as a Chrismas treat and hit cost me around £350 which included drinks and seats just behind the dugout. To do the same thing this season will cost around £700-800 . That’s not on . True fans will not be able to afford it. The club is obviously going towards corporate ticketing . You have certainly lost my custom.
Equaliser0
Fresh Alias

Post by Equaliser0 »

It will go higher if we go up again

Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Bit depressing that some people seem to equate "being more professional" with simply charging a load more money.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Equaliser0 wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:13 pm It will go higher if we go up again

I think that most fans expected and understand higher ticket prices for League One Football, and we have that at Orient.
I pay over £600 for my Gallery season ticket, my choice, I know, but we’re discussing the Hospitality area and the price increase is over 100%.
I can’t remember when, if ever, I’ve paid £78 for a two course lunch………I’m not sure that even Gordon Ramsey’s restaurants are that much.
Equaliser0
Fresh Alias

Post by Equaliser0 »

Cheshunto wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:28 am

I think that most fans expected and understand higher ticket prices for League One Football, and we have that at Orient.
I pay over £600 for my Gallery season ticket, my choice, I know, but we’re discussing the Hospitality area and the price increase is over 100%.
I can’t remember when, if ever, I’ve paid £78 for a two course lunch………I’m not sure that even Gordon Ramsey’s restaurants are that much.
A 2 Course Lunch with Drinks , Prime seating , a visit from the man of the match . Sounds like a great deal & Gordons places dont do complimentary drinks .

https://www.gordonramsayrestaurants.com ... 20Prestige

£205 at Ramseys No drinks
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Equaliser0 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:07 am

A 2 Course Lunch with Drinks , Prime seating , a visit from the man of the match . Sounds like a great deal & Gordons places dont do complimentary drinks .

So there are at least TWO overpriced eateries in London 😁
I wish both Messrs Ramsey and Devlin ( You aren’t him, are you ?? ) the best of luck in getting their respective punters to part with £205 or £144 for a two course lunch.
As others have said, Leyton has a few decent options for a pre-match meal and I think I’ll stick with those.
It’s a shame because Lucy and her team do a grand job at Orient but I won’t be paying those prices.
Equaliser0
Fresh Alias

Post by Equaliser0 »

Cheshunto wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:10 am
Equaliser0 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:07 am

So there are at least TWO overpriced eateries in London 😁
I wish both Messrs Ramsey and Devlin ( You aren’t him, are you ?? ) the best of luck in getting their respective punters to part with £205 or £144 for a two course lunch.
As others have said, Leyton has a few decent options for a pre-match meal and I think I’ll stick with those.
It’s a shame because Lucy and her team do a grand job at Orient but I won’t be paying those prices.
You wouldnt be paying £144 , you have a gallery season card & its not paying for a 2 course lunch , It's complimentary drinks plus the extra footballing stuff . I look forward to eating & drinking there . Finally , no I'm not Mark Devlin , I am just an O's fan who can & will enjoy my experience .
O Superman
Fresh Alias

Post by O Superman »

Equaliser0 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:29 am

You wouldnt be paying £144 , you have a gallery season card & its not paying for a 2 course lunch , It's complimentary drinks plus the extra footballing stuff . I look forward to eating & drinking there . Finally , no I'm not Mark Devlin , I am just an O's fan who can & will enjoy my experience .
Personally, I was referring to the 1881 suite which now costs £120 and offers:

prime seating (presumably legends lounge)
Welcome drink on arrival (singular, I assume)
3 course carvery meal
MOM presentation
Complimentary programme and teams sheets.

With the exception of the (single?) free drink, that is exactly the same package as I paid for last season and which cost me £70.
That's a 70% increase for effectively the same package.

There is also no mention of the pre=match Q&A with the player or member of the management team and the 'carvery' aspect presumably means you have to go and get your own main meal versus waiter/waitress service.

As I said earlier, the service is always excellent in the 1881 suite thanks to Lucy and the team. In my experience, the food was reasonable (but sometimes of variable quality) at last season's prices. However, unless there has been a corresponding upgrade in quality, which seems unlikely for a carvery, a 70% increase in price appears to be nothing short of a rip off.

To a certain extent, it's not a case of how much it actually costs in real terms as far as I'm concerned. If something is clearly worth the money, I don't mind paying for it. I cannot stand being taken for a mug though and I'm sorry, that's what this looks like to me.
CharlieO
Fresh Alias

Post by CharlieO »

Like the food on offer when I partook of hospitality last year; this leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.
Equaliser0
Fresh Alias

Post by Equaliser0 »

O Superman wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:28 am
Equaliser0 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:29 am

Personally, I was referring to the 1881 suite which now costs £120 and offers:

prime seating (presumably legends lounge)
Welcome drink on arrival (singular, I assume)
3 course carvery meal
MOM presentation
Complimentary programme and teams sheets.

With the exception of the (single?) free drink, that is exactly the same package as I paid for last season and which cost me £70.
That's a 70% increase for effectively the same package.

There is also no mention of the pre=match Q&A with the player or member of the management team and the 'carvery' aspect presumably means you have to go and get your own main meal versus waiter/waitress service.

As I said earlier, the service is always excellent in the 1881 suite thanks to Lucy and the team. In my experience, the food was reasonable (but sometimes of variable quality) at last season's prices. However, unless there has been a corresponding upgrade in quality, which seems unlikely for a carvery, a 70% increase in price appears to be nothing short of a rip off.

To a certain extent, it's not a case of how much it actually costs in real terms as far as I'm concerned. If something is clearly worth the money, I don't mind paying for it. I cannot stand being taken for a mug though and I'm sorry, that's what this looks like to me.
Totally agree that people can say its a big increase , some of us wont mind paying extra, others of us will. As I said its a couple of times a Season so averaged out over a season I Pay a couple of a quid a game more which helps out the club .
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Proposition Joe wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:09 am Bit depressing that some people seem to equate "being more professional" with simply charging a load more money.
More professional, less charitable. Someone has already posted up the pricing at championship level and our price hike is reflective of where we now are. Leyton has changed; is changing. Pre-covid I'd probably only sit down in the Lion & Key for a pre-match meal. Now there are a few choices. I will be spending my money there as I've always done (5 lads is my preference as it is the squads) - and the clientel will change in the posh seats for the meal deal as a result of this hike. What I'm really getting at is its a natural change because of our change in the football environment and the change in our locations environment.