Orient Legacy Fans

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Orient Legacy Fans

Post by Long slender neck »

Since the Travis takeover the club have enjoyed an increasing fan base due to our on the pitch success and the gentrification of Leyton.

I believe it is now time for our Legacy fans to step aside so the new generation can drive the club further up the leagues.

Legacy fans are taking up all the seats and space in the supporters club, taking too long in the bogs and when purchasing refreshments and in the club shop. They also cant do simple things like use a website to buy tickets or walk down stairs at an acceptable speed. They dont use public transport.

They also moan a lot and stink.

We need an Orient Legacy Fans Retirement Transition Strategy (OLF-RTS) Those who cannot amend their ways, should make way, so that the club can progress. I think each fan over 60 should be assessed on the points above and perhaps face a financial penalty should they fail to make the grade.

I welcome the action from the council of making it increasingly difficult to park in the local area. The club should take action an remove the concession for OAPs.

Any other ideas as i haven't really thought this through?
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Orient Legacy Fans

Post by BIGRON »

Fook me , as a slow wobbly 70 year old I might as well cancel my season ticket then ☹️
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thank f#ck I'm under 60 :mrgreen:
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Excellent idea.

Another suggestion from me would be to remove all handrails from the steps leading to seats (should see some attrition during the winter months).

Get rid of the usual club contact points too, and make all interactions through social media platforms with AI bots.

Let's also get rid of the ale from the supporters club and replace it with draft beer, served in smaller glasses and for more money.

Eventually we should see the fanbase transformed into a more high-consumption demographic.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

BIGRON wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:13 pm Fook me , as a slow wobbly 70 year old I might as well cancel my season ticket then ☹️
Thanks Ron.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Bollox. I'm 61 in 8 days so for the time being as not over sixty I support these measures.

There will be more space for Legacy fans and Glory hunters to coexist at the new stadium.
WickfordO
Fresh Alias

Post by WickfordO »

Long slender neck wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:07 pm Since the Travis takeover the club have enjoyed an increasing fan base due to our on the pitch success and the gentrification of Leyton.

I believe it is now time for our Legacy fans to step aside so the new generation can drive the club further up the leagues.

Legacy fans are taking up all the seats and space in the supporters club, taking too long in the bogs and when purchasing refreshments and in the club shop. They also cant do simple things like use a website to buy tickets or walk down stairs at an acceptable speed. They dont use public transport.

We need an Orient Legacy Fans Retirement Transition Strategy (OLF-RTS) Those who cannot amend their ways, should make way, so that the club can progress. I think each fan over 60 should be assessed on the points above and perhaps face a financial penalty should they fail to make the grade.

I welcome the action from the council of making it increasingly difficult to park in the local area. The club should take action an remove the concession for OAPs.

If that is what you want go support West Ham, Spurs or Arsenal. I will support the Os until the day I pop my cloggs. :lofc: :lofc: :lofc: :x :x :x
DaveDunmore
Fresh Alias

Post by DaveDunmore »

Long slender neck wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:07 pm Since the Travis takeover the club have enjoyed an increasing fan base due to our on the pitch success and the gentrification of Leyton.

[/Euthanasia is on your bucket list then
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

You could set up half a dozen MG42s on the top of the West stand and waste the populace of the East stand ensuring thousands more visiting fans with lots of dosh to spend.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

Will It go the age of the Fan or length of support as I'm in my 50's but have only been supporting the O's for about 30 years. So when i hit 60 they'll be people a decade or so younger than me who could be considered more of a legacy fan than me?.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

I'm 66 and if you can beat in a marathon I will retire from the O's
Reflecto
Fresh Alias

Post by Reflecto »

Also make the print very small on the programme

Increase the tannoy volume on the west side to interrupt afternoon naps...
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Remove the bogs totally as youngsters will be able to last the game without needing a p*ss.

Might need to instal easily sanitised seating though.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

WickfordO wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:38 pm

If that is what you want go support West Ham, Spurs or Arsenal. I will support the Os until the day I pop my cloggs. :lofc: :lofc: :lofc: :x :x :x
He is a Spud fan !!
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

I'm OK with making way for a bunch of spotty glory hunting narcissistic millenials but only if I get a refund of all the money I've spent following the O's.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Why would you get a refund?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Most modern fans are capable of supporting more than one side. No shame in it.
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

Long slender neck wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:47 pm Why would you get a refund?
Why not? Without the money I and other legacy fans have put in over the years there wouldn't be a club for these jumped up glory hunters to support. If we're to be denied further opportunities I want my money back.
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

1. Ban any legacy fan who doesn't pass a pre season ticket application screening to determine if they understand irony.
2. Use the Club's in match video to include random segments of crowd behaviours amongst the legacy fans. Anyone found sucking on a Fisherman's Friend to forfeit their seat.
Last edited by Omygawd on Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Constanza
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Constanza »

Omygawd wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:54 pm Anyone found su king on a Fisherman's Friend to forfeit their seat.
This led to 50% of Grimsby fans losing their season ticket.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

EH16 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:49 pm
Long slender neck wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:47 pm Why would you get a refund?
Why not? Without the money I and other legacy fans have put in over the years there wouldn't be a club for these jumped up glory hunters to support. If we're to be denied further opportunities I want my money back.
The club is mainly funded by its generous owners. You could have bought shares if you wanted an investment.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Long slender neck wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:48 pm

Most modern fans are capable of supporting more than one side. No shame in it.
Only because you have no concept of loyalty 😁
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

BoniO wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:38 pm Remove the bogs totally as youngsters will be able to last the game without needing a p*ss.

Might need to instal easily sanitised seating though.
Dislike. Way outside this demographic but I have a bladder the size of a walnut so this idea can gtf.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Mandatory hand washing at the bog exits more likely to be a successful strategy.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Long slender neck wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:57 pm Mandatory hand washing at the bog exits more likely to be a successful strategy.
If you’ve had a shower and only handled your own c*ck then what’s the problem?