Nottingham murders

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Nottingham murders

Post by Max Fowler »

What the heck has gone on here?

At least it looks as if they've now got the guy responsible.

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Nottingham murders

Post by Dunners »

It appears to be some sort of incident.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Dunners wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:56 pm It appears to be some sort of incident.
Look like a major one.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Something has happened and we're not allowed to speculate as to what.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Probably covering up some sort of police incompetence i'd imagine.
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by ContrifibulatoryFred »

Illegal undocumented West African immigrant with a history of violence
But dont worry because all the liberals will sympathise with his mental health problems whilst innocent kids die
CEB

Post by CEB »

From looking at the comments, it’s nuts that the police have used a stock photo to illustrate an arrest.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

ContrifibulatoryFred wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:41 pm Illegal undocumented West African immigrant with a history of violence
But dont worry because all the liberals will sympathise with his mental health problems whilst innocent kids die
Think they're probably more likely to look at the fact that the sort of services that are in place to deal with vulnerable and sometimes dangerous people (social care, mental health support, police) are chronically underfunded. That's true whether the person in question is a British citizen or an illegal immigrant.
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Mistadobalina wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:34 pm
ContrifibulatoryFred wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:41 pm Illegal undocumented West African immigrant with a history of violence
Think they're probably more likely to look at the fact that the sort of services that are in place to deal with vulnerable and sometimes dangerous people (social care, mental health support, police) are chronically underfunded. That's true whether the person in question is a British citizen or an illegal immigrant.
My children’s schoolmates went to Nottingham and I personally find this atrocity very hard to bear. So your attempts to blame others for what this man has done doesn’t wash with me.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

ContrifibulatoryFred wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:09 pm
My children’s schoolmates went to Nottingham and I personally find this atrocity very hard to bear. So your attempts to blame others for what this man has done doesn’t wash with me.
Your attempt to blame where someone was born because it wasn’t here doesn’t wash with me and completely minimises the tragedy that’s occurred here.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Not seen this reported. If he has history, shame this wasn't picked up earlier.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Long slender neck wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:56 pm
Not seen this reported. If he has history, shame this wasn't picked up earlier.
GB News apparently the farage bloke !
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

Such events, especially the student deaths, hit near to home – Nottingham was one of the potential destination unis we visited for my son (who ultimately went to Lincoln, he completed degree last summer). Know the city fairly well and was up there only last month and in Milton Street too where the van injuries were caused. Just feel sick for the people & families impacted.
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

OTF Photography Ltd wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:24 pm

Your attempt to blame where someone was born because it wasn’t here doesn’t wash with me and completely minimises the tragedy that’s occurred here.
It’s not a tragedy, it’s an atrocity.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

ContrifibulatoryFred wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:14 am

You’re missing the point
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

No, you are. It’s sad and worrying that our society is becoming so much more dangerous and I fear that events like this are overly sanitised for fear of causing offence to do-gooders instead of appreciating the effect on victims.

Making excuses for mass murder is missing the point actually
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Who is making excuses? Holding the guy who did it responsible is not incompatible with holding the defunding of services as also partly responsible. You are looking for an argument that no-one is making by creating a left wing strawman.

Being aware of what drives awful stuff like this is how you reduce its likelihood of occuring again in the future, would be really weird and counterproductive if we didn't ask questions of the context in which it happened.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

ContrifibulatoryFred wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:14 am

Something can be a tragedy and an atrocity

i am quite sure to the family and friends of the deceased, it is a tragedy to have lost a loved one.

Things are rarely black and white (apart from a Newcastle home shirt) and there is not usually a single cause for anything happening
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Mistadobalina wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:08 am Who is making excuses? Holding the guy who did it responsible is not incompatible with holding the defunding of services as also partly responsible. You are looking for an argument that no-one is making by creating a left wing strawman.

Being aware of what drives awful stuff like this is how you reduce its likelihood of occuring again in the future, would be really weird and counterproductive if we didn't ask questions of the context in which it happened.
Precisely. "I'm worried that our society is becoming much more dangerous...but ain't really interested in what's helping make it that way and not so worried as to be concerned about how, with greater understanding of this we can maybe stop similar events (other than, Certain Brown Guys Bad)"
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

I thought media were reporting he was here legally and had been since his Teens.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Mistadobalina wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:08 am Who is making excuses? Holding the guy who did it responsible is not incompatible with holding the defunding of services as also partly responsible. You are looking for an argument that no-one is making by creating a left wing strawman.

Fred in his yoof actually looked like a Left Wing Straw man with his Red Hair & Duffle Coat!
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

A West African migrant accused of the murders of three people in Nottingham yesterday is said to be refusing to answer questions from police - as he was described as having a history of petty drug dealing and mental health problems.

The 31-year-old, who is believed to have arrived in the country as a teenager and is not thought to be a refugee, is being questioned over the deaths of two students and a man in his 50s - as well as the injuring of three others.

He was known to police but does not have a criminal record, according to sources. The man, who has settled status, is believed to have lived in the UK for over a decade and was described by neighbours as a 'very quiet guy', the Telegraph reported.
Petrov788
Fresh Alias

Post by Petrov788 »

Except he's not illegal and he's not undocumented.

Wonder if you kicked up as much fuss when the incel in Plymouth killed people
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Proposition Joe wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:11 am

Precisely. "I'm worried that our society is becoming much more dangerous...but ain't really interested in what's helping make it that way and not so worried as to be concerned about how, with greater understanding of this we can maybe stop similar events (other than, Certain Brown Guys Bad)"
The brown guys are terrorsism related. This was a black guy, allegedly, so that makes it gang or drug related.

(For completeness, any white guys responsible for these atrocities are mental health related).
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

tuffers#1 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:27 am

Fred in his yoof actually looked like a Left Wing Straw man with his Red Hair & Duffle Coat!
Never had a duffel coat but the rest is right.
Born to an immigrant family and married another immigrant.
I accept that yesterdays murders upset my usual calm.
The facts about the perpetrator are not fully established but I do seriously worry about immigration and its effect upon the fabric of our society. 19 year olds being murdered should always be shocking - but todays mentality seems skewed towards understanding the killer more than the victim.