EPL/EFL Firestick Poll

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Have you got a Firestick for EPL/EFL matches?

Yes
13%
No, and don't subscribe to Sky and/or BT
40%
No, and do subscribe to Sky and/or BT
47%

Total votes: 30

Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

EPL/EFL Firestick Poll

Post by Scuba Diver »

With Sky clamping down on the operators of these.....

Not got one myself, but curious to see how many have- especially on an MB populated solely to some extent by football fans.

I've chosen not to do it (though been offered on 4 or 5 occasions) as, I don't want step outside of the law. I appreciate that probably sounds both pitiful and pious- though actually, it's neither. I 'have to' live my life in that way these days due to prior misdemeanours. A sort of 'zero-tolerance' with myself. Not that I haven't been tempted.

I'm also of the opinion that if Everyone rips off the product - ultimately, there will be no product, however unlikely that would seem.
Notwithstanding, I don't blame Anyone who chooses to do this at all. The prices can be scandalous. A mate of mine who has the 'Full Ultra' thing with both Sky/BT (look at him!) is dropping around £150+ a month I think. Okay, he can afford it but even so...

I do believe to an extent also that Sky 'deserve' (possibly the wrong word) this, since, the charges could be construed as tantamount to robbery. If you try to rob, it's likely you yourself may get robbed...as they now are finding out..
Ultimately it's viewed wholly as a 'white-crime', but Sky are now getting the 'ump, it would seem.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: EPL/EFL Firestick Poll

Post by Long slender neck »

I know someone who has it, the menus are quite impressive, just click on your club and up pops the game.

I don't really do piracy as most stuff is available cheaply, sport is an exception to this of course but if it was cheaper nobody would bother. The geographical restrictions also need to go.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Where is the option to not incriminate yourself?
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

spen666 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:23 pm Where is the option to not incriminate yourself?
😂🙊
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

If someone has one would they be stupid enough to advertise it on here ☹️
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Yes !
lordgriff
Fresh Alias

Post by lordgriff »

Can you add another option - Have you subscribed to Orient Live and use a VPN?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

:o
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

BIGRON wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:31 am If someone has one would they be stupid enough to advertise it on here ☹️
It is widely known there will be no comeback for the subscribers Ron.
And if there was, I can't see Sky scouring a lower divisions message board on the off-chance there might be a thread like this, on a medium populated by anonymous usernames.

I would imagine that anonymity is a given.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

One way of cutting useage is the stupid Saturday 3pm blackouts. If you’re in this country there’s no legal way to view it. Clubs missing out on loads of money, especially from away fans.

I don’t do it, haven’t really got time to watch loads. Annoyingly just about the only tv that we watch is football but yday I cancelled my sky sports subscription and got rid of HD on bt sport and saving £50 a month. Will buy it for the odd weekend but just not worth the cost.
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

I know plenty of people with a stick that tune into the O's and the rest of the football world. As for watching Orient away games, I don't see the point. Much of the enjoyment is being there - and TV tends to make league 2 games look worse than they are if viewed live.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Yeah. The misery of lower league football is best enjoyed by being there in the moment. I've never been able to watch it on the telly.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Scuba Diver wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:23 am
BIGRON wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:31 am If someone has one would they be stupid enough to advertise it on here ☹️
And if there was, I can't see Sky scouring a lower divisions message board on the off-chance there might be a thread like this, on a medium populated by anonymous usernames.

Not really. Would you believe that we have received legal threats before? Social media is not responsible for what users post.
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

Long slender neck wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:56 am

Not really. Would you believe that we have received legal threats before? Social media is not responsible for what users post.
Fair enough, and my mistake. I was gonna add (to the post), perhaps one of the Mods will confirm..Thanks
CEB

Post by CEB »

The 3pm blackout - while I can appreciate the sentiments of those who value it - just isn’t sustainable in a world where the U.K. is one of the only countries in the world where you can’t watch any premier league game you want legally.

As with music streaming and (a more analogous model) movie rental, people generally won’t pirate if they have a way of getting it where they can pay for a better experience.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

I know there are obscene wages to be paid but shouldnt be more than £10 a month for all games.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Scuba Diver wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:13 am
Long slender neck wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:56 am

Fair enough, and my mistake. I was gonna add (to the post), perhaps one of the Mods will confirm..Thanks
I think court orders etc would be required before we hand over any details, but just dont assume you're anonymous.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Have the legal threats died down since we stopped mentioning them?

Back on topic, yes I have one that I bought from Dunnem, message him if you want in on the action, I can't recommend him highly enough

#skysports #dodgystreams #illegalfirsestick #iptv #dunnem
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

CEB wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:17 am The 3pm blackout - while I can appreciate the sentiments of those who value it - just isn’t sustainable in a world where the U.K. is one of the only countries in the world where you can’t watch any premier league game you want legally.

As with music streaming and (a more analogous model) movie rental, people generally won’t pirate if they have a way of getting it where they can pay for a better experience.
I can't understand why you can't watch 3 pm games here but can legally on holiday in Spain etc 🤔
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

The only thing I find silly is clubs claiming loss of revenue due to fans streaming 3PM games, as they can't legally broadcast it in the UK so it's a bit of a nonsense theory, essentially in that case no-one is stealing from anyone
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:50 am Have the legal threats died down since we stopped mentioning them?

Back on topic, yes I have one that I bought from Dunnem, message him if you want in on the action, I can't recommend him highly enough

#skysports #dodgystreams #illegalfirsestick #iptv #dunnem
Cheers mate. And I can't thank you enough for recommending the https://dispenseree.cc site to me. F*ck knows how you found that site, but it's been a great shopping experience.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

OTF Photography Ltd wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:29 am One way of cutting useage is the stupid Saturday 3pm blackouts. If you’re in this country there’s no legal way to view it. Clubs missing out on loads of money, especially from away fans.
This. It's why I was disappointed to hear about the new Sky deal. The increased money to clubs will be swallowed up by higher wages and inflationary costs but behind that it was an opportunity to break away from the shackles of Sky and get rid of the archaic broadcast blackout.

Sadly an opportunity lost and seems Sky have tightened their grip on clubs just as many are getting access to the technology to allow them to do their own thing. Shame.
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

I have a BT and sky sports bundle with Virgin. They wanted to charge me £150 for tv, internet etc, asked to terminate the contract.
Following day got a call from Virgin retention team, gave a me a deal internet silly speed, sky sports, BT and movies £65 +£25 for an O2 SIM card with unlimited calls, text and data.

Total fee £90 still a big whack but thought that was a good deal. You have to shop around but deals are there.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Sky and BT are fleecing people not tech savvy enough to operate a VPN or find illegal streams for free. They know that it's a business model that is unsustainable in the future and are making hay whilst they can. Use a VPN and you can pay a tenner a month to Fubo in Canada, which is their equivalent to Sky, and get all epl games through a single platform. Unless spen tells me otherwise, that is completely legal as well.
Lost not Found
Fresh Alias

Post by Lost not Found »

I don't have Sky or BT atm, and keep looking at adding it on, but the face you are up to 100 quid quite quickly to watch most of the games but not all of them is the biggest downside for me.

Also f*** off with charging extra for HD. For nowtv to charge 30 quid a month to watch stuff in worse quality than a random stream is mental.

I subscribe to both MLB tv and NFL gamepass. Where you pay an amount and get everything. Give people a reasonable easy to use legal route and they'll lap it up.