Kelman And Duke-McKenna

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Kelman And Duke-McKenna

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

QPR have taken up the option to sign Kelman for another year and are in discussion with Duke-McKenna about a new contract.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: Kelman And Duke-McKenna

Post by tuffers#1 »

Kelman will improve & score more goals, Duke McKenna will go out on loan somewhere .
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Would like to have seen a bit more of Duke Mckenna
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

Story of O wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:37 pm Would like to have seen a bit more of Duke Mckenna
Would like to see a lot more of Kelman. I think he has improved a lot this season and I would be happy if he returns to us on loan.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Bergen wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:12 pm
Story of O wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:37 pm Would like to have seen a bit more of Duke Mckenna
Would like to see a lot more of Kelman. I think he has improved a lot this season and I would be happy if he returns to us on loan.
Duke Mckenna maybe but Kelman it’s a no from me,Drinnan and Kelman are basically the same player, we need something different next season a bit of a goal threat imo🙊
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Seem like good guys. Glad they are getting new deals
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

I’d say the opposite. He started off looking like an excellent finisher. First 5-10 appearances as soon as he had a sight of goal I thought he’d score and he did most often. Was opposite towards the end of the season. Perhaps a confidence thing
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:56 pm
Duke Mckenna maybe but Kelman it’s a no from me,Drinnan and Kelman are basically the same player, we need something different next season a bit of a goal threat imo🙊
Could you possibly start a thread listing
5 Players who would be realistic targets for
RWs team who are goal threats bearing
in mind the following ,
Fits RWs style of play ,
Isnt League 1 or 2 as RW stated
he isnt interested ,
Is young & a potential rising star
as RW isnt interested in older
fading stars & finally fits into our budget ?

By Noon tomorrow please as
RW & ML will be heading off
on Holibobs soon .

Thanks pal
:mrgreen: :lofc:
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

OTF Photography Ltd wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:58 pm
I’d say the opposite. He started off looking like an excellent finisher. First 5-10 appearances as soon as he had a sight of goal I thought he’d score and he did most often. Was opposite towards the end of the season. Perhaps a confidence thing
Agree with how he started. Though I never remember him missing many chances (unlike Drinan).
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

OTF Photography Ltd wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:58 pm
Totally this. He was less of a player at the end of the season than when he started with us.

He won't be back.
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

Kelman – couldn’t fault his work-rate, did well for us in that sense, and he’s an RW type of player, as is Drinan, but can’t help think we need a goalscorer to lead the line in L1, and there are only so many squad places available to be financed.

Duke-McKenna – I liked what I saw of him, he wasn’t going to be a first choice player with everyone fit, but defo has potential.

Good luck to both of them.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Duke will be a starter in the championship in the next 2 years and could go higher imo. Would have him back but not sure his best position
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I liked both players but don't think they will be back . I wish them both good luck for the future
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

EastDerehamO wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:32 am Kelman – couldn’t fault his work-rate, did well for us in that sense, and he’s an RW type of player, as is Drinan, but can’t help think we need a goalscorer to lead the line in L1, and there are only so many squad places available to be financed.
From his early appearances, he looked like a goalscorer.

He just wasn't big or strong or physical enough to lead the line alone.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

OTF Photography Ltd wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:39 am Duke will be a starter in the championship in the next 2 years and could go higher imo. Would have him back but not sure his best position
Blimey.

Didn't see anything of the sort from his few cameo appearances.
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

aylesburyos wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:49 pm Seem like good guys. Glad they are getting new deals
Duke-McKenna always in our away end during his injury. Think that was a class touch from him and shows the kind of character he is.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Duke-McKenna barely played, was feont and centre of the title and promotion celebrations and now he’s seen as the next f*cking Messi :lol:
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:11 am
OTF Photography Ltd wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:39 am Duke will be a starter in the championship in the next 2 years and could go higher imo. Would have him back but not sure his best position
Blimey.

Didn't see anything of the sort from his few cameo appearances.
Only saw him a couple of times so it’s a massive jump on my part but he looked to be creative and be able to pick a pass as well as playing multiple positions. We’ll see
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

With a literally water tight defence I'm not worried about a lack of goals. 29/30 1-0 wins will see us rise to our rightful place.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

In most cases when it comes to Os signings, Os are like many other lower league clubs in that its a case of ''Moneys too tight to mention'' ! From what I remember, we only managed to get in Moncur last season because of the money we got from the sale of Hector to Peterborough. So don't get your hopes up too high as to any new quality signings for next season, just live in hope that we get a few pleasant surprises !
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:27 pm
In most cases when it comes to Os signings, Os are like many other lower league clubs in that its a case of ''Moneys too tight to mention'' ! From what I remember, we only managed to get in Moncur last season because of the money we got from the sale of Hector to Peterborough. So don't get your hopes up too high as to any new quality signings for next season, just live in hope that we get a few pleasant surprises !
Good job we got that money , No way we'd be Champions if Hector was here & George wasnt .
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Yes fully agree Sid very sensible reply 🙊
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

tuffers#1 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 3:09 pm

Good job we got that money , No way we'd be Champions if Hector was here & George wasnt .
The same Hector who transferred from Os to Peterborough,s young player who is finding his feet in division one, getting stronger all the time and played the full game in last nights 4-0 play off victory over Sheffield Wednesday.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:29 am
The same Hector who transferred from Os to Peterborough,s young player who is finding his feet in division one, getting stronger all the time and played the full game in last nights 4-0 play off victory over Sheffield Wednesday.
The same one who constantly gave the ball away, couldn't keep up physically and got himself sent off regularly for us. Never been so glad to see a player be sold and then we get El Miz in to replace who was the midfield presence we've been craving for best part of 5 years.

Both El Miz and Moncur in different ways turned our CM from a weak area into one of strength this season. By association also helped Pratley too as it took some of the load off him.
Last edited by gshaw on Sat May 13, 2023 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

gshaw wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:16 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:29 am

The same one who constantly gave the ball away, couldn't keep up physically and got himself sent off regularly for us. Never been so glad to see a player be sold and then we get El Miz in to replace who was the midfield presence we've been craving for best part of 5 years.
Oh so Peterborough have got it all wrong then ?