Ratings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Ratings

Post by y o y o y »

Very difficult ratings to do considering the magnitude of our result at Salford and results elsewhere in League 2

A game of two halves so here goes
We were outstanding across the whole team in the 1st half.
In the 2nd half, although under a lot more pressure,we gave as good as we got.
Vigs 8
Hunt 8.5
Beckles 8
Turns 8
Sweeney 8
Pratley 8
El Miz 8.5
Moncur 8
Smyth 7.5
Sotiriou 8.5
Sadlier 7.5

Subs
All 7

Very good games from Hunt and El Miz but my MOM goes to Sotiriou

No wonder Bera swerved this one
Feel free to rip these ratings apart I won't be offended :D

*Ratings done from the streaming
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Re: Ratings

Post by EastDerehamO »

Thanks for the ratings.

A good team performance. But for Hunt & Vigs they would have had at least a couple of goals, so I’d give MoM to Hunt, thought he was superb. There was something not working down our left side defensively, they were too often causing us issues there. But we could and should have had more goals.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Good ratings , I would say Sweeney & Hunt as well as Ruel each could have been M.O.M .
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Sorry, have friends over. yoyoy summed it up perfectly I think. I too would give Hunt MOM but outstanding team effort. It was the day I knew we would be promoted. Happy days.
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

Highest combined ratings I’ve seen this season.Well done Os..
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

EastDerehamO wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:55 pm Thanks for the ratings.

A good team performance. But for Hunt & Vigs they would have had at least a couple of goals, so I’d give MoM to Hunt, thought he was superb. There was something not working down our left side defensively, they were too often causing us issues there. But we could and should have had more goals.
That’s because Sadlier is a bit of a bottle job and is not very good at defending unlike Archibald, who often tracks back, he’s ok on the ball and going forward but he’s not the kind of player that rolls his sleeves up,that will be a decision Wellens will have to make come the summer as well as a few others?🙊
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

When we signed Sadlier, fans on the Bolton forum said he's a good player but doesn't like tracking back and defending. They are spot on.
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

banqo wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:11 pm When we signed Sadlier, fans on the Bolton forum said he's a good player but doesn't like tracking back and defending. They are spot on.
Yeh but he's brilliant at waving his arms!
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

jamespevans wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:32 pm
banqo wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:11 pm When we signed Sadlier, fans on the Bolton forum said he's a good player but doesn't like tracking back and defending. They are spot on.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

Yeah, if the team wasn't winning, I think he would upset a few teammates and fans, to be honest isn't good enough to get away with not tracking back, ie if he was scoring every week but doing sod all else maybe but he doesn't
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Great team performance today against a tidy Salford side.
Hunt and Vigs were superb, and a special mention for Ruel who led the line and showed that he should, as some on here have said, be playing down the middle. He caused the Salford defence all sorts of problems and looked far more dangerous than Drinan or Kelman.
El. Miz and Prats’ were also outstanding and we probably saw ‘ team goal’ of the season from Moncs’
Moncs’ had a good 1st half but then disappeared in the 2nd

I guess Kelman will start on Monday, but Ruel looked far better today.

My only disappointment was Sadlier, who, for me had another Meh game and I can’t see him staying in the Summer.
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

jamespevans wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:32 pm
Sadlier's waving would go well with Jack Payne's pointing.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Cheshunto wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:42 pm Great team performance today against a tidy Salford side.
Hunt and Vigs were superb, and a special mention for Ruel who led the line and showed that he should, as some on here have said, be playing down the middle. He caused the Salford defence all sorts of problems and looked far more dangerous than Drinan or Kelman.
El. Miz and Prats’ were also outstanding and we probably saw ‘ team goal’ of the season from Moncs’
Moncs’ had a good 1st half but then disappeared in the 2nd

I guess Kelman will start on Monday, but Ruel looked far better today.

My only disappointment was Sadlier, who, for me had another Meh game and I can’t see him staying in the Summer.
RW has a habit of signing ex players or players he’s worked with and the trouble with that is some are not as good as they once were, next season will be a different ball game (excuse the pun) and we will have to sign players that can show character as well as footballing ability. The summer window will be interesting to say the least 🤞🙊
soloman
Fresh Alias

Post by soloman »

EastDerehamO wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:55 pm Thanks for the ratings.

I think Saddlier is a defensive liability and just not track back with any confidence ,half hearted even .
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

MOTM Hunt but also big performances from Sotiriou and record-equalling Vigoroux. That low one handed save was top drawer.

Sadlier showed both sides of his game today. Touch of class with the assist but also the weakest defensive recovery attempt I've seen in a long time when he somehow didn't manage to close down one of Salford's low crosses.
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

The number of times Hunt was at the right place to clear the danger was extraordinary.
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

Looking forward to our London derbies with Charlton and QPR. 😁
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

banqo wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:28 pm Looking forward to our London derbies with Charlton and QPR. 😁
I have a QPR supporting mate at work . I can't believe we could be playing against them next season in the league .
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

banqo wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:28 pm Looking forward to our London derbies with Charlton and QPR. 😁
And hopefully, against Ipswich, to see my old mates from sleepy Suffolk. They'll end up in a play-off spot and bottle it.
Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Type high »

Was behind our goal and saw Hunt making clearances after clearances, as Richie said he gets quietly on with his job, how come Salford are top goal scorers, was more threat from the "pool" away game the other week
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

EliotNes wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:50 am
And hopefully, against Ipswich, to see my old mates from sleepy Suffolk. They'll end up in a play-off spot and bottle it.
I hope they go up - as its our best chance of keeping El Miz.