How can ticketing be improved next season?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

How can ticketing be improved next season?

Post by Long slender neck »

There's a few flaws in the current pricing structures I reckon. We dont want another 'ghost kids' debacle and regular 'sell outs' this season havent truly been sell outs, so what is going wrong? Would be keen to forward your thoughts to Mr Devlin.

Its often been said that the cheap adult tickets in the North stand should go as this is a loophole some people are exploiting.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: How can ticketing be improved next season?

I'd like to be able to easily either move my seat for individual games or buy a ticket near my seat in order to bring a guest along, this would save having to buy a ghost kid season ticket.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

The non-sold out sell-outs are annoying. Twice I've had someone express an interest in coming but no tickets were available, yet come 3pm there were literally hundreds of empty seats. The Club is missing out. Not sure what the answer is but maybe do more to promote the ticket exchange or double the incentive to a tenner a go?
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Adult prices in the north need to be increased & kids prices there. West & East had just a few empty on Saturday
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Long slender neck wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:06 pm I'd like to be able to easily either move my seat for individual games or buy a ticket near my seat in order to bring a guest along, this would save having to buy a ghost kid season ticket.
Why can’t you buy a seat near to yours?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

I've got a ghost kid ST near but not next to my ST. Sometimes I would rather sit in the North as the language etc can be a bit much near my ST.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

What is going on at the back of the north end of the East Stand? There's always rows and rows of empty seats during sell outs.

Something does need to be done to make the North Stand the family stand it's supposed to be:

1) Clamp down on all swearing.

2) Make applicants prove eligibility when renewing family season tickets. No more 4 adults/1 kid nonsense.

3) Increase adult prices nearer to those in other stands (but keep kids season tickets as they are).

4) Introduce system to police attendance of kids.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

aylesburyos wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:42 pm Adult prices in the north need to be increased & kids prices there. West & East had just a few empty on Saturday
East had loads upon loads of empty seats on Saturday, back rows of the north end.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:51 pm What is going on at the back of the north end of the East Stand? There's always rows and rows of empty seats during sell outs.

Something does need to be done to make the North Stand the family stand it's supposed to be:

2) Make applicants prove eligibility when renewing family season tickets. No more 4 adults/1 kid nonsense.

3) Increase adult prices nearer to those in other stands (but keep kids season tickets as they are).

3) why discount the adult price at all? There could still be a discount off the kid ST price if buying with an adult ST.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:52 pm
aylesburyos wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:42 pm Adult prices in the north need to be increased & kids prices there. West & East had just a few empty on Saturday
East had loads upon loads of empty seats on Saturday, back rows of the north end.
Not sure if this is true, happy to be corrected, but I've I been told that for "health and safety" that not all the East stand seats can be sold, hence the empty seats there. I have two empty seats next to me in the west stand bought by season ticket holders that have only been used once all season, and obviously not selling them back.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Long slender neck wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:59 pm
TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:51 pm What is going on at the back of the north end of the East Stand? There's always rows and rows of empty seats during sell outs.

3) why discount the adult price at all? There could still be a discount off the kid ST price if buying with an adult ST.
Adult price in the North should be slightly less - only a nominal amount - than in the South to reflect the lesser facilities. Just as the South should be slightly less than the West to reflect the worse viewing position.

Kids ST prices are discounted to £99 for U18s in all the stands, are they not???
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:59 pm I have two empty seats next to me in the west stand bought by season ticket holders that have only been used once all season, and obviously not selling them back.
Are the club still dishing out free disabled STs like they used to say 10 years ago?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Kids ST prices discounted from what? They doubled last season.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Long slender neck wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:04 pm Kids ST prices discounted from what? They doubled last season.
Discounted from the standard (adult) price.

https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2022/ ... s-on-sale/

£99 (early bird) for U18s in all the stands.
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

All areas where there have been high numbers of regular kid non attenders should should restrict the number of season tickets to kids to only those that have attended for 80% of the time in a previous season.
Reflecto
Fresh Alias

Post by Reflecto »

East Side capacity reduced to 85% by LBWF, safety concerns. That's why re never get close to 9271 capacity. Hope the club makes a decision on the stadium asap. If it were me I'd modernise the East undercroft to get capacity up and make the away section variable in size on a match by match basis.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

PoundhillO wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:10 pm All areas where there have been high numbers of regular kid non attenders should should restrict the number of season tickets to kids to only those that have attended for 80% of the time in a previous season.
This is not unreasonable, although not sure if it can be implemented retrospectively?

Saying that, it would be easy to get the turnstile operators to incorrectly scan the kids ST and get a tick in the box, so not sure that would help.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

PoundhillO wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:10 pm All areas where there have been high numbers of regular kid non attenders should should restrict the number of season tickets to kids to only those that have attended for 80% of the time in a previous season.
80% is quite a lot of games. Not sure I've even been at 80% of games this season.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:04 pm
Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:59 pm I have two empty seats next to me in the west stand bought by season ticket holders that have only been used once all season, and obviously not selling them back.
Are the club still dishing out free disabled STs like they used to say 10 years ago?
Not done that for many years now. disabled pay same price as an abled bodied adult of same age
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:52 pm
They were I believe not for sale. Capacity of East restricted to 85%
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

spen666 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:34 pm
Not done that for many years now. disabled pay same price as an abled bodied adult of same age
Yes , but they can get a free carer's ticket if they qualify.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

BIGRON wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:40 pm
spen666 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:34 pm

Yes , but they can get a free carer's ticket if they qualify.

The club have no choice about that. disability Legislation requires them to make reasonable adjustments for the disabled, and if someone is deemed to need a carer, then the club wouldn't be able to lawfully refuse.

Who is going to look after the disabled person, care for them, help them to enjoy the day if you do not allow them to have a carer with them?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Nobody of their right mind is arguing against free carer tickets.
WilliamTell
Fresh Alias

Post by WilliamTell »

Reflecto wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:13 pm East Side capacity reduced to 85% by LBWF, safety concerns. That's why re never get close to 9271 capacity. Hope the club makes a decision on the stadium asap. If it were me I'd modernise the East undercroft to get capacity up and make the away section variable in size on a match by match basis.
If the club have not challenged LBWF "experts" on their thinking behind this then they should. Didn't Devlin say that they had the same problem at Brentford? How did they get it sorted there?
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

WilliamTell wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:17 pm
Reflecto wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:13 pm East Side capacity reduced to 85% by LBWF, safety concerns. That's why re never get close to 9271 capacity. Hope the club makes a decision on the stadium asap. If it were me I'd modernise the East undercroft to get capacity up and make the away section variable in size on a match by match basis.
If the club have not challenged LBWF "experts" on their thinking behind this then they should. Didn't Devlin say that they had the same problem at Brentford? How did they get it sorted there?
Would be difficult I think. The issue is the small size of corridors & the are for fans queing at half time for bars & toilets