New kids shirt sponsor - Talk Sport

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

New kids shirt sponsor - Talk Sport

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: New kids shirt sponsor - Talk Sport

Post by DuvB »

Could any more logos be crammed on these little shirts?
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Another link to The S*n and ultimately Rupert Murdoch, fantastic.
Fellowo
Fresh Alias

Post by Fellowo »

If there's a blank space on anything Orient related, Danny will find a way to fill it with Sponsorship.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

And why not. Sponsorship money is helping keep the club going. Cram it all in.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

More sponsors the less of that awful kit will be displayed bring it on😋
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

dOh Nut wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:00 pm And why not. Sponsorship money is helping keep the club going. Cram it all in.
👍🏾
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

dOh Nut wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:00 pm And why not. Sponsorship money is helping keep the club going. Cram it all in.
👍🏾
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

The club obviously knew the reaction they'd get hence underplaying the announcement.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Our new shirts sponsor

Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Bit off though innit? I know i'm fighting a losing battle on here against the majority who would be happy if Orient started arms dealing to kill a load of kids in Yemen if it meant that we can limit Nigel and Kents losses but honestly, I could just about swallow the dream team thing but advertising another of the Wireless Group i.e Murdochs empire on the front of KIDS shirts. Pft.
Oooh!
Fresh Alias

Post by Oooh! »

Apart from the Murdoch argument - a totally different logo on the shirt changes the appearance so much that it stops looking like the shirts the players wear, which is surely the whole point. My kids don't want one with a talksport logo on it - they'd much rather have one without a sponsor. I know it doesn't bring in the same revenue, but it just looks odd and it's strange that kids are massively exposed to the Dream Team sponsorship every time they go to a game but can't wear the same shirts themselves.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Oooh! wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:11 pm Apart from the Murdoch argument - a totally different logo on the shirt changes the appearance so much that it stops looking like the shirts the players wear, which is surely the whole point. My kids don't want one with a talksport logo on it - they'd much rather have one without a sponsor. I know it doesn't bring in the same revenue, but it just looks odd and it's strange that kids are massively exposed to the Dream Team sponsorship every time they go to a game but can't wear the same shirts themselves.
Oooh!
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

Once we re-establish ourselves in the EFL perhaps we can be more choosy about sponsors. AW is a bit over the top in his assessment of what might be voted for by the majority although I am sure it is tongue in cheek. Money talks daaaahling and at the moment we need it. Murdoch is odious but getting some if his wealth into the Club's coffers softens it a bit. Only sayin'.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:43 pm Our new shirts sponsor

This is an absolute outrage! You've missed out an apostrophe.
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:44 pm Bit off though innit? I know i'm fighting a losing battle on here against the majority who would be happy if Orient started arms dealing to kill a load of kids in Yemen if it meant that we can limit Nigel and Kents losses but honestly, I could just about swallow the dream team thing but advertising another of the Wireless Group i.e Murdochs empire on the front of KIDS shirts. Pft.
I guess after the Mafia, anything seems fine.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dunners wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:43 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:43 pm Our new shirts sponsor

This is an absolute outrage! You've missed out an apostrophe.
As long as there is never a picture of Jerry Hall on the back we'll be fine.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:44 pm Bit off though innit? I know i'm fighting a losing battle on here against the majority who would be happy if Orient started arms dealing to kill a load of kids in Yemen if it meant that we can limit Nigel and Kents losses but honestly, I could just about swallow the dream team thing but advertising another of the Wireless Group i.e Murdochs empire on the front of KIDS shirts. Pft.
You’re right, it’s a losing battle.

I’m with you though. Good news I guess as is it’s just saved me £120 as there’s no way my kids will be walking bill boards for Murdoch.
SalfordO
Fresh Alias

Post by SalfordO »

Oooh! wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:11 pm Apart from the Murdoch argument - a totally different logo on the shirt changes the appearance so much that it stops looking like the shirts the players wear, which is surely the whole point. My kids don't want one with a talksport logo on it - they'd much rather have one without a sponsor. I know it doesn't bring in the same revenue, but it just looks odd and it's strange that kids are massively exposed to the Dream Team sponsorship every time they go to a game but can't wear the same shirts themselves.
This
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

I think they just look appalling. The shirts are obviously small for kids and this logo is far too big. When you add that with the NB logo and our badge,its just crammed and the kids generally dont have the large bellies to stretch the shirt out.
ValJac
Fresh Alias

Post by ValJac »

I put my opinions on twitter about this and got absolutely hammered for it. Last season I was one of those protesting about the Dream Team deal, and bought our Grandson a shirt as it was Breyer Foundation sponsored which I was happy with.

To see this season we are having kids kits sponsored by another of News Intl subsidiaries, TalkSport (which I’m pretty sure most kids don’t listen to), is short sighted in the extreme.

Due to the fact I have several friends who were either at Hillsborough or who lost family and friends there, I feel morally it’s the right thing to do. However Twitter reaction to my comments has been astonishing. The main view is either it’s great the club gets lots of money, or Dream Team made some brilliant videos last season.

I just don’t get it. I really don’t.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

ValJac wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:33 am I put my opinions on twitter about this and got absolutely hammered for it. Last season I was one of those protesting about the Dream Team deal, and bought our Grandson a shirt as it was Breyer Foundation sponsored which I was happy with.

To see this season we are having kids kits sponsored by another of News Intl subsidiaries, TalkSport (which I’m pretty sure most kids don’t listen to), is short sighted in the extreme.

Due to the fact I have several friends who were either at Hillsborough or who lost family and friends there, I feel morally it’s the right thing to do. However Twitter reaction to my comments has been astonishing. The main view is either it’s great the club gets lots of money, or Dream Team made some brilliant videos last season.

I just don’t get it. I really don’t.
Yeah, feel your pain. We are in a weird situation as a club. I dont know if its because the last lot were so bad, people think that no one should question any decision they make. But because of the last lot, us as fans should know better than most fans that we should be holding them to account and calling them out on things. I dont think Nigel, Kent et al will sell us down the river but lets not make the mistake of thinking that they will be around forever or will always be making every decisions in the interest of the club and not themselves.
Wasp
Fresh Alias

Post by Wasp »

The fact of the matter is that Dream Team have been one of the best sponsors in our history. The deal is a whopper for our level in terms of revenue, and they've been so engaged with the fanbase. As for TalkSport, I have absolutely no issue with them being used - but I do think kids shirts in general across the board don't need any sponsor at all, it's a bit pointless.

But here's to many more years of DT involvement with our great club.
ValJac
Fresh Alias

Post by ValJac »

Wasp wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:45 am The fact of the matter is that Dream Team have been one of the best sponsors in our history. The deal is a whopper for our level in terms of revenue, and they've been so engaged with the fanbase. As for TalkSport, I have absolutely no issue with them being used - but I do think kids shirts in general across the board don't need any sponsor at all, it's a bit pointless.

But here's to many more years of DT involvement with our great club.
Whilst I agree that financially no doubt these deals are fantastic financially for the club, it’s the suggestion that because I put my own moral judgement before patting the club on the back and handing over £30+ for a shirt I’m a moron. My Grandson doesn’t know the difference between this years shirt and ones from previous seasons so I’ll just punt around for an old shirt someone’s kid grew out of and give them of JE3 a few bob instead.

I dunno, maybe Twitter is just for vilifying people you don’t agree with and trying to feel superior to them?
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

No its also like that here as well. :)