Nicola Sturgeon to resign as Scotland's first minister

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: Nicola Sturgeon to resign as Scotland's first minister

Post by tuffers#1 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:11 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:08 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:56 pm

Do I believe there’s been some corruption and fraud in American elections, absolutely. Just look at what happened in Arizona for example
The Democrats won ?
Everything is going to the Supreme Court so we’ll see.
Everything ? Including cotton Candy ?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

😉
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

The favourite to take over front her is a little scary.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Kate Forbes ?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Hopefully she'll fail. No particular dog in the race of course but, while our politics are a sewer, at least we haven't got a load of overt God cranks banging on about their faith all the time like America. It would not improve matters.
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Looks like she's doomed to failure already. No bad thing. She's part of The Free Church of Scotland which is a sort of 19th Century cult which holds sway in the Western Isles in particular. A scary bunch who frown on most aspects of modern life, but on the plus side they don't celebrate Christmas or Easter
Fisch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fisch »

Last edited by Fisch on Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Neptune's Spear
Fresh Alias

Post by Neptune's Spear »

Celtient wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:48 pm
Neptune's Spear wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:59 pm
Celtient wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:18 pm Was woken at about 5 o'clock this morning by Storm Otto. Blowing an absolute hooly in the frozen north. Couldn't get back to sleep so started thinking about boring things to send me to sleep. Keir Starmer popped into my head. I thought, could probably make a good anagram out of that name. Half an hour later, had come up with Sir Meerkat. We'll chuffed I was. It was only later this morning that I realised there was a bloody R left over. If it wasn't for that extra R I would probably have voted Labour at the next election. As it is, will just have to stick with the SNP
What a lot a rubbish, you are indeed an absolute cretin
At least I know that Neptune had a trident, not a spear. Moron
Can I suggest you read up on Operation Neptunes Spear you uneducated inbred !
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Your insults are becoming tiresome. Please go stalk someone else
faldO
Fresh Alias

Post by faldO »

Humza Yousaf gets my vote for next SNP Leader, especially if he's giving away free stuff...

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

I don't know whether to despair, or cheer, that Scottish politics is able to be as much of a sh*tshow as at Westminster. They've been all smug for too long, so it's kind of good to see the sh*t eating grins wiped off their faces. But it also means we've just levelled down. FFS.
Flying Hippo
Fresh Alias

Post by Flying Hippo »

‘I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian – for me – for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God’s in the mix’.

The words of Barak Obama in 2008, immediately prior to his election and subsequent sanctification. How times change.

Mrs Forbes is clearly principled and honest - qualities rarely found in a modern politician. Apparently some find her scary. Perhaps some of you who still recognise and value the old-fashioned virtues of honesty and integrity might find her admirable?

Wee Free Presbyterianism is described above as a "cult". Interestingly, an actual genuine cult is currently subject to legal trial in Scotland. This is already one of the largest and most horrific cases of child abuse in world sport although, curiously, you will have heard little or nothing at all about it. Over the course of many decades more than 290 victims have suffered heinous abuse from a network of at least seven (and allegedly 14) convicted paedophiles, some of whom were known offenders before being employed by the cult. There have already been 60 (yes SIXTY) convictions, while four criminal trials are still pending together with one class action.

If the class action is successful then the decades of cruelty, horror and culpability can then be properly exposed. At that point it is highly likely that a process will begin to deflect blame from the sporting (and associated religious and political) institutions worshipped by the cult's supporters. Some of the cult's most zealous supporters will doubtless say, write and do anything to protect it - just wait and see. In so doing they will, of course, seek to continue to deny justice and compensation to the hundreds of children raped and otherwise physically and emotionally abused by it. Hopefully the less zealous cultists who retain some residual honour and personal morality will question whether they wish to continue to support such fundamentally wicked, craven and utterly evil institutions.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Neptune's Spear wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:34 am
Celtient wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:48 pm
Neptune's Spear wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:59 pm

What a lot a rubbish, you are indeed an absolute cretin
At least I know that Neptune had a trident, not a spear. Moron
Can I suggest you read up on Operation Neptunes Spear you uneducated inbred !
Why would you pick a username based around the killing of Osama Bin Laden? A bit Alan Partridge/Andy McNab.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Flying Hippo wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:26 am ‘I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian – for me – for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God’s in the mix’.

The words of Barak Obama in 2008, immediately prior to his election and subsequent sanctification. How times change.

Mrs Forbes is clearly principled and honest - qualities rarely found in a modern politician. Apparently some find her scary. Perhaps some of you who still recognise and value the old-fashioned virtues of honesty and integrity might find her admirable?

Wee Free Presbyterianism is described above as a "cult". Interestingly, an actual genuine cult is currently subject to legal trial in Scotland. This is already one of the largest and most horrific cases of child abuse in world sport although, curiously, you will have heard little or nothing at all about it. Over the course of many decades more than 290 victims have suffered heinous abuse from a network of at least seven (and allegedly 14) convicted paedophiles, some of whom were known offenders before being employed by the cult. There have already been 60 (yes SIXTY) convictions, while four criminal trials are still pending together with one class action.

If the class action is successful then the decades of cruelty, horror and culpability can then be properly exposed. At that point it is highly likely that a process will begin to deflect blame from the sporting (and associated religious and political) institutions worshipped by the cult's supporters. Some of the cult's most zealous supporters will doubtless say, write and do anything to protect it - just wait and see. In so doing they will, of course, seek to continue to deny justice and compensation to the hundreds of children raped and otherwise physically and emotionally abused by it. Hopefully the less zealous cultists who retain some residual honour and personal morality will question whether they wish to continue to support such fundamentally wicked, craven and utterly evil institutions.
Sevco had their peedos too.

I will never forget playing against Sellik boys club on a wet and windy day on a blaise pitch. They had players from all over Scotland. We had players from the town and Binwood.

They came out in immaculate kit and tracksuits and began an elaborate warm up whilst we watched on shivering with both hands stuffed down the front of our shorts waiting for the ref to start the game and mumbling " what the eff is that all about"

The wind was gale force as we played into it but we were defending stoutly and got to half time 2-0 down.

The second half beckoned and our manager offered their manager a wager that they wouldn't win. The coward refused and we went on to lose 4-0. True story.
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Flying Hippo wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:26 am ‘I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian – for me – for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God’s in the mix’.

Not sure what this rant about Celtic has got to do with Nicola Sturgeon's resignation, although I suppose quite a few of their supporters do vote SNP.

Statistics released in 2021 reveal that 1 in 20 children in the UK have experienced sexual abuse. With 12 million children in England alone, that's 600,000 kids. Much of the abuse will take place within the family home, but a significant amount will occur in children's care homes, kids sports clubs and organisations like cubs and scouts etc. No doubt, details of horrific abuse from decades ago involving various institutions, will continue to emerge. And yet, it would seem that in Hippo's mind, Celtic are somehow unique. It seems that every Celtic hater knows the full facts surrounding the abuse which took place within the various Celtic Boys Clubs decades ago. One of the abusers was at one time employed by Celtic FC, in that he sold their merchandise from his shop. None of the others involved with the Celtic Boys Clubs were employed by Celtic FC. Could Celtic have done more when rumours started to emerge about what was going on within these clubs? Certainly sounds like it. Does this make Celtic FC a fundamentally wicked, craven and utterly evil cult? Depends on your mindset I suppose.
Fisch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fisch »

Ye gods this has become embarrasing, l've deleted my last post in an attempt to distance myself from this thread. Maybe the admin can open a category dedicated to the ultra religious and other nutters?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:24 pm Bottled it worse than caca and that 'lawyer' bloke.
Yes because it's really brave to verbally threaten someone you know full well you'll never meet. Empty hot air.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Well said, the whole thread

faldO
Fresh Alias

Post by faldO »

I read it all, the whole thread.

Is that the same Humza who Ex-Scottish Health Secretary Alex Neil has claimed deliberately missed a key vote on gay marriage in 2014 because he “was under so much pressure from the mosque”?
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

Humza - any good?
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Seems like a thoroughly decent human being, so probably doomed to failure in the murky world of politics
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by ContrifibulatoryFred »

Reluctant as I am to wade into Scottish politics, I can't help feeling that Sturgeon's departure represents a high watermark in Scottish independence aspirations and that the Labour Party are going to massively clean up in Scotland during the next General Election.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Just imagine if two politicians of Indian and Pakistani heritage were to somehow bring about the partition of Britain.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Does this make Berwick Kashmir?