Ratings.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Ratings.

Post by Beradogs »

Vigouroux. 7. One decent save and his kicks generally landed in the right areas.
Sweeney. 7.5. Excellent and an upgrade on Hunt. Richie will pick Hunt when he’s back. Won a lot of aerial duals and his speed across the ground adds a zip to our play.
Turns. 6.5. Got too close to his man for one shot and didn’t close down fast enough, another effort. Good game nonetheless but lots to work on.
Beccles. 7.5. You don’t know what you are missing until it’s gone. Another strong effort.
James. 6. Really sloppy opening 15 minutes but improved as the game went on. Sometimes you want to give him a shake. Mate, you are a professional footballer, living the life, enjoy it. Acts like he is in Tesco with the Mrs.
El Miz 7.5. Would be a miracle if Ipswich let him go on this form but will be almost impossible to replace. If we do get promoted this position and what happens with Idris will be key to our fortunes. Improving at a frightening rate and this level has started to look easy. Strolling but in a good way.
Clay. 7. Never lets anyone down and won lots of second balls as per usual.
Moncor. 6. Didn’t really get going, pitch didn’t help. Subbed
Theo. 6. Gets a 6 because we won but his opening 20 minutes was like he had two left feet. Shockingly bad. What helps Theo is his workrate. Even if he is having a bad day at the office he never stops trying.
Sadlier. MOM. 8. Like him, awful pitch but silky smooth with some lovely close control. Hard to believe orient have him, Smyth Moncor and El Miz in the same team in terms of their ability on the ball. We are blessed.
Kelman. 6. In the highlights it shows a chance he had that lacked any real conviction.In my mind as a centre forward that should be one that you are gobbling up. Plenty of effort although that’s probably a given under Wellens.

Subs. Drinnan. 7. A stronger more purposeful version of Kelman, will start Saturday. Others 6

Wellens. 7. Win is a win. They had a couple of good chances. We played some lovely football. Enjoyed it.

Crewe. 5.5. Could be in trouble. Lacking in confidence.

Ref. 7. Nothing much for him to do. 1 booking.
Last edited by Beradogs on Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jman
Fresh Alias

Re: Ratings.

Post by Jman »

Watched the stream. Good ratings I mostly agree with.

Admittedly I was in and out the room, but from what I saw, Turns looked fantastic- pinging passes around, good finish for the goal. You’re right about Beckles, imperious last night.

Also agree on El Miz. Guy has made an incredible difference, he was my MOTM on Saturday- light years ahead.

Sadlier I think for me the jury is still out. Nice touches and weaves in and out but doesn’t seem like a lot of end product? Time will tell
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Considering he scored as well, you are right. Some of his passing was sublime. Was a bit mean. Agree about Sadlier in terms of early days but that pitch was awful, see the trouble Monks and Archibald were having, but he floated across it.
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

Pretty fair assessment in terms of ratings & comments.

I’d call out Clay, showed his worth, just slotted back in and does what he does well. Bench looked strong as observed by Dulcet Dave.
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

EastDerehamO wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:02 am Pretty fair assessment in terms of ratings & comments.

I’d call out Clay, showed his worth, just slotted back in and does what he does well. Bench looked strong as observed by Dulcet Dave.
Clay was very good. Put himself about, worked hard and won some very good tackles.

Dare I say it, but I thought the ref was excellent.
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

Beradogs, so our goal scorers get 2 of the 3 lowest ratings. I dont think so.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Clay was superb last night. Like a terrier in midfield, battles from the first whistle to the last....incredible levels of fitness.

El Miz is different class, what a player. Id love to have him here next season perm.He would cost at least £400,000 IMO, but worth it
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:06 am Clay was superb last night. Like a terrier in midfield, battles from the first whistle to the last....incredible levels of fitness.

El Miz is different class, what a player. Id love to have him here next season perm. He would cost at least £400,000 IMO, but worth it
Clay & El MIz, joint MOTM for me.

Sadlier is still getting up to speed with our tactics and his match fitness.

Great win. Can't wait for Saturday. COYOs.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Still don't know how people think they can give accurate ratings like this from watching a stream. You're only seeing a fraction of the action compared to being there in person.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

EastDerehamO wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:02 am Pretty fair assessment in terms of ratings & comments.

Yes, agree with that - instrumental in that first goal, kept the ball alive.

But it is funny watching him try to play the quick football with all the ballers like Moncs, Sads, Theo and El Miz :D
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Performances to single out -

Beckles - didn't lose a thing, didn't react when they started whacking him at the end.

Sweeney - has slotted straight in.

Clay - great energy.

El Miz - class above again, ran the game.

Sadlier - beautiful, graceful player. Was grafting as well.

Drinnan - another 20 mins last night, he's properly back.
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

Toss up for MoM between Clay and Idris. Aside from one snapshot at the end of the first half and us switching off at the beginning of the second our CBs bossed their attack all game. Wish that Moncur had Idris's mobility and flair. Agree that it might be time to start with Drinan.

Now know what was going on at teh front of the stand at the end of the game.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Beradogs wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:01 am Considering he scored as well, you are right. Some of his passing was sublime. Was a bit mean. Agree about Sadlier in terms of early days but that pitch was awful, see the trouble Monks and Archibald were having, but he floated across it.
Complete opposite for me. I went last night and can’t remember half of it. If watching the steam am usually sober. Is there anything you don’t moan about?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

I'm beginning to wonder if my constant sniping at Clay has been the motivational PUTK that he badly needed.

I was about to move onto loud booing and the occasional hiss when he was on my side of the pitch but I'm going to hold that in reserve just in case he regresses.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

If Ipswich can win promotion to the Championship I'm hoping they see El-Miz as surplus to requirements . The club should definitely pull out all the stops to sign him on a permanent contract . He's one of the first names on our team sheet every week . If we can win promotion that should help us keep him . We've at least got to try .
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I have to mention Jayden Sweeney . He's turning out to be a much better player than I thought he'd be . He's beginning to look like a really good player .Well done Jayden. Keep it going .
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:11 am I have to mention Jayden Sweeney . He's turning out to be a much better player than I thought he'd be . He's beginning to look like a really good player .Well done Jayden. Keep it going .
One way to try and keep him is not to go on about how good he is. Do you believe the Ipswich management team don't read the ratings thread and probably the rest of the Board too?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:14 am
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:11 am I have to mention Jayden Sweeney . He's turning out to be a much better player than I thought he'd be . He's beginning to look like a really good player .Well done Jayden. Keep it going .
One way to try and keep him is not to go on about how good he is. Do you believe the Ipswich management team don't read the ratings thread and probably the rest of the Board too?
Yes, that's a fair point .
soloman
Fresh Alias

Post by soloman »

Beradogs wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:47 am Vigouroux. 7. One decent save and his kicks generally landed in the right areas.
Sweeney. 7.5. Excellent and an upgrade on Hunt. Richie will pick Hunt when he’s back. Won a lot of aerial duals and his speed across the ground adds a zip to our play.
Turns. 6.5. Got too close to his man for one shot and didn’t close down fast enough, another effort. Good game nonetheless but lots to work on.
Beccles. 7.5. You don’t know what you are missing until it’s gone. Another strong effort.
James. 6. Really sloppy opening 15 minutes but improved as the game went on. Sometimes you want to give him a shake. Mate, you are a professional footballer, living the life, enjoy it. Acts like he is in Tesco with the Mrs.
El Miz 7.5. Would be a miracle if Ipswich let him go on this form but will be almost impossible to replace. If we do get promoted this position and what happens with Idris will be key to our fortunes. Improving at a frightening rate and this level has started to look easy. Strolling but in a good way.
Clay. 7. Never lets anyone down and won lots of second balls as per usual.
Moncor. 6. Didn’t really get going, pitch didn’t help. Subbed
Theo. 6. Gets a 6 because we won but his opening 20 minutes was like he had two left feet. Shockingly bad. What helps Theo is his workrate. Even if he is having a bad day at the office he never stops trying.
Sadlier. MOM. 8. Like him, awful pitch but silky smooth with some lovely close control. Hard to believe orient have him, Smyth Moncor and El Miz in the same team in terms of their ability on the ball. We are blessed.
Kelman. 6. In the highlights it shows a chance he had that lacked any real conviction.In my mind as a centre forward that should be one that you are gobbling up. Plenty of effort although that’s probably a given under Wellens.

Subs. Drinnan. 7. A stronger more purposeful version of Kelman, will start Saturday. Others 6

Wellens. 7. Win is a win. They had a couple of good chances. We played some lovely football. Enjoyed it.

Crewe. 5.5. Could be in trouble. Lacking in confidence.

Ref. 7. Nothing much for him to do. 1 booking.
You should really be the manager ,your much better at telling the players how to play than RW is .
soloman
Fresh Alias

Post by soloman »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:08 am If Ipswich can win promotion to the Championship I'm hoping they see El-Miz as surplus to requirements . The club should definitely pull out all the stops to sign him on a permanent contract . He's one of the first names on our team sheet every week . If we can win promotion that should help us keep him . We've at least got to try .
Perhaps you and your mates can get together and find £400 or 500 grand eh .
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

jamespevans wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:00 am Aside from one snapshot at the end of the first half and us switching off at the beginning of the second our CBs bossed their attack all game.
Beckles did. They had 2 or 3 chances all stemming from Turns.

Ogie was on the bench last night, wasn't he?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Harlow wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:39 am Beradogs, so our goal scorers get 2 of the 3 lowest ratings. I dont think so.
Laughable scores, Turns outstanding for his 3rd proffesional Match Theo was excellent to
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:08 am If Ipswich can win promotion to the Championship I'm hoping they see El-Miz as surplus to requirements . The club should definitely pull out all the stops to sign him on a permanent contract . He's one of the first names on our team sheet every week . If we can win promotion that should help us keep him . We've at least got to try .
All of this. Come on you Tractor Boys!
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

soloman wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:20 am
Perhaps you and your mates can get together and find £400 or 500 grand eh .
If the club can allegedly find £300k for Moncur, we should be able to find £400k for El Miz.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Beradogs wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:05 am
Beradogs wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:01 am Considering he scored as well, you are right. Some of his passing was sublime. Was a bit mean. Agree about Sadlier in terms of early days but that pitch was awful, see the trouble Monks and Archibald were having, but he floated across it.
Complete opposite for me. I went last night and can’t remember half of it. If watching the steam am usually sober. Is there anything you don’t moan about?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: