Jordan Brown

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Jordan Brown

Post by Monkey Boy »

Much has been said about Paul Smyth and giving him a new contract and rightly so but equally important imo would be to tie down this lad Brown. This lad gets better every game. He can play in several positions and looks the part. He’s only 21 and if I were Ling this is the guy who I would be looking to sign a longer contract. He’s far better than Kyprianou and Coleman. Sign this boy up before someone does🙈
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Jordan Brown

Post by Long slender neck »

Had forgotten Coleman existed.
BigDaddyO
Fresh Alias

Post by BigDaddyO »

Couldn't agree more, I thought he looked fairly pedestrian last season, but he's hardly put a foot wrong this season, been played in several different positions, looks really solid at the back, passes it well and he's got a shot on him as well.
Plus he's young. Great bit if with to nab him from Derby.
Sign him up - more than capable of holding his own in league 1 next season.
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

I think Brown has come on a lot under RW, as have others to be fair, including Happe. Agree completely re the comment on the comparison with Hector, my son is a Posh fan and said to him at the time I was surprised they signed him. Mind you I do wonder how he would be performing under RW, same with Coleman, I suspect they would be better players too.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Improved from a sometime sub to a firm first team player. Congrats to the chap!
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

BigDaddyO wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:17 pm Couldn't agree more, I thought he looked fairly pedestrian last season, but he's hardly put a foot wrong this season, been played in several different positions, looks really solid at the back, passes it well and he's got a shot on him as well.
Plus he's young. Great bit if with to nab him from Derby.
Sign him up - more than capable of holding his own in league 1 next season.
He’s already signed for us, an 18month contract!
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

He’s looking good but suggesting he’s equally important to Smyth is plain nonsense.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:57 pm He’s looking good but suggesting he’s equally important to Smyth is plain nonsense.
I’m afraid you wrong on this one plumber, not saying Smyth isn’t a quality player but Brown is much younger,he has a good turn of speed, good in the air, can play in several positions and has a good physique and a good football brain and imo could make a championship player if not better. Managed right could go higher? Smyth has a great turn of pace and is skilful but found it hard at QPR at championship level. The Wimbledon fullback had him in his pocket and marked him out of the game. Not sure if Smyth could make the championship but I think Brown could.🙊
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

He was maligned much, as another Ling failure by many here last season . Time was all he needed .
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

I thought he was outstanding yesterday and seems to be improving at an astonishing rate.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:09 pm
TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:57 pm He’s looking good but suggesting he’s equally important to Smyth is plain nonsense.
and imo could make a championship player if not better.
‘If not better’ implies Premiership or International standard. 😂

He could be a half decent L1 player in f he keeps progressing as he has but that’s it. (There’s nothing wrong with that, just saying you’re getting somewhat carried away).
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

Wasn’t he injured for a period last season? Probably did himself a favour not getting too many games under Jackett. Tremendous signing last January; all credit to club and whoever identified him as a target.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:47 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:09 pm
and imo could make a championship player if not better.
‘If not better’ implies Premiership or International standard. 😂

He could be a half decent L1 player in f he keeps progressing as he has but that’s it. (There’s nothing wrong with that, just saying you’re getting somewhat carried away).
Much like you &Hector
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:55 pm Much has been said about Paul Smyth and giving him a new contract and rightly so but equally important imo would be to tie down this lad Brown. This lad gets better every game. He can play in several positions and looks the part. He’s only 21 and if I were Ling this is the guy who I would be looking to sign a longer contract. He’s far better than Kyprianou and Coleman. Sign this boy up before someone does🙈
The thing is Monkey the club must try and keep this whole squad together. I know that’s going to be easier said than done but I feel this squad would be comfortable at League One level
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:47 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:55 pm Much has been said about Paul Smyth and giving him a new contract and rightly so but equally important imo would be to tie down this lad Brown. This lad gets better every game. He can play in several positions and looks the part. He’s only 21 and if I were Ling this is the guy who I would be looking to sign a longer contract. He’s far better than Kyprianou and Coleman. Sign this boy up before someone does🙈
The thing is Monkey the club must try and keep this whole squad together. I know that’s going to be easier said than done but I feel this squad would be comfortable at League One level
Needs Improving for L1 ambitions , No sitting on ourLaurels !
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:03 pm
I think he will have to bring in some more experienced players if we go up and we do have some dead wood still at the club however I’m sure Wellens knows this, this window and the next will be interesting to say the least.🙊
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:31 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:03 pm

I think he will have to bring in some more experienced players if we go up and we do have some dead wood still at the club however I’m sure Wellens knows this, this window and the next will be interesting to say the least.🙊
Mark Devlin answered a question already about a League 1 budget, now we need to see if it starts January or June .
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:55 pm He’s far better than Kyprianou and Coleman
That's what you might call damning with faint praise :lol:

Brown is a useful squad player but nowhere near the level of an El Miz
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:27 pm He was maligned much, as another Ling failure by many here last season . Time was all he needed .
As a first choice CDM to dominate the midfield he still is. RW sussed the midfield straight away hence bringing in El Miz and Moncur to sort it out.

Coleman... good as gone
Young... same as Coleman
Brown... utility squad player
Kyprianou... thank you Posh x300,000
Most of it yes though there's a few to move on at end of the season if we go up e.g. Clay, Sargeant, Young, Thompson and some hopefully in Jan e.g. Wood, Coleman, Smith
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

gshaw wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:53 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:55 pm

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:27 pm He was maligned much, as another Ling failure by many here last season . Time was all he needed .
As a first choice CDM to dominate the midfield he still is. RW sussed the midfield straight away hence bringing in El Miz and Moncur to sort it out.

Coleman... good as gone
Young... same as Coleman
Brown... utility squad player
Kyprianou... thank you Posh x300,000
Sorry but What an Irrelevant bunch of random words G

Many Maligned Brown as one of Lings failed Signings !
Everything else you wrote has Little to do with how Improved he has become by others comments on here !
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

He was signed in Jan as a first choice CDM at that time, which was a total failure. Being useful as a squad player since doesn't cover up how hopeless that window was.

Fortunately RW sorted that in summer with his demand for quality. Need more of that in Jan and going forward.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

He was signed to Boost the Squad
Not as 1st the choice defensive midfielder .
That was Supposed to be Hector!

He had hardly played a game & was
Brought in to help the Squad !!!
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

gshaw wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:35 pm He was signed in Jan as a first choice CDM at that time, which was a total failure. Being useful as a squad player since doesn't cover up how hopeless that window was.

Fortunately RW sorted that in summer with his demand for quality. Need more of that in Jan and going forward.
Fair comment.

Also worth noting he’s doing well covering at full back - he’s still got masses to prove in the CDM role. He isn’t anywhere near El Miz.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:27 pm
gshaw wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:35 pm He was signed in Jan as a first choice CDM at that time, which was a total failure. Being useful as a squad player since doesn't cover up how hopeless that window was.

Fair comment.

Also worth noting he’s doing well covering at full back - he’s still got masses to prove in the CDM role. He isn’t anywhere near El Miz.
He'd played 1 game for Derby
Idris had played 36 games before we got him .

How anyone can claim Brown was a Starter as
CDM & then someone says Fair comment is the type
Of Half Wit who says things like
" Offload George Moncur "

Clueless !
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:45 pm He was signed to Boost the Squad

Not buying that for a second, our CM at the time was a shambles and both players were brought in as the solution. However it just made an even bigger problem as none of them were able to boss the midfield at this level.

Granted RW saw something in Brown to keep him around when the others were given the boot and his adaptability in different positions was likely part of that.

The player that makes it all tick is El Miz. Pratley doesn't have to work as hard chasing loose balls so can concentrate on his game, pressure is taken off the defence so they keep more clean sheets and so on. Sorting that one position has been the catalyst for everything else.

The squad is well balanced at the moment though could benefit from a clinical finisher upfront. Fingers crossed we can offload a few in Jan and make that happen.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

gshaw wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:52 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:45 pm He was signed to Boost the Squad

Not buying that for a second, our CM at the time was a shambles and both players were brought in as the solution. However it just made an even bigger problem as none of them were able to boss the midfield at this level.

Granted RW saw something in Brown to keep him around when the others were given the boot and his adaptability in different positions was likely part of that.

The player that makes it all tick is El Miz. Pratley doesn't have to work as hard chasing loose balls so can concentrate on his game, pressure is taken off the defence so they keep more clean sheets and so on. Sorting that one position has been the catalyst for everything else.

The squad is well balanced at the moment though could benefit from a clinical finisher upfront. Fingers crossed we can offload a few in Jan and make that happen.
Other than RW coaching Jordan Brown , WTF has any of the rest of what you wrote got to do with JB's Improvement ?