Harlow FC

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

WickfordO
Fresh Alias

Harlow FC

Post by WickfordO »

It seems that Harlow have resigned from the Southern League.

Their statment reads:-

"Harlow Town Football Club has today taken the incredibly difficult decision to immediately resign from The Pitching In Southern League, The Essex Senior Football Reserve League and The Eastern Regional Women’s Football League.

As has been much publicised, opinions have been formed with regards to our newly laid 3G surface. We have been working very hard to remedy the issues which we have found ourselves with, we are currently in a position where no home fixtures for our senior teams can be played. The options presented to us are not deemed viable and therefore the decision taken now leaves us with the opportunity to properly plan for remedial actions to take place. It is not expected that this will be a particularly quick fix but we will do everything within our powers to resolve matters as soon as weather and contractor’s availability permits.

We should like to thank all our respective Players, Staff, Volunteers and Supporters for their unfaltering support once again this season and do sincerely hope that you will continue to support us through this incredibly tough period and into the new seasons ahead. What has been of paramount importance is that the Club and its future have been at the centre of the thoughts behind these decisions."
soloman
Fresh Alias

Re: Harlow FC

Post by soloman »

Could this leave the door wide open for an Orient move in the future ? Up and coming town with new resources coming it's way .Empty ground with no football team . Orient were looking at a 4G pitch and now they would have a ground that could be expanded to a good level .Meanwhile the reserves could be installed there and share it with a Harlow team if needed.
Fisch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fisch »

Orient women could make use of it. Probably a couple of years too early.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

soloman wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:58 pm Could this leave the door wide open for an Orient move in the future ? Up and coming town with new resources coming it's way .Empty ground with no football team . Orient were looking at a 4G pitch and now they would have a ground that could be expanded to a good level .Meanwhile the reserves could be installed there and share it with a Harlow team if needed.
God No . East London is Home !
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

If no what about Leyton fc old ground Lea Bridge road
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

If we ever want to move
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:47 pm
soloman wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:58 pm Could this leave the door wide open for an Orient move in the future ? Up and coming town with new resources coming it's way .Empty ground with no football team . Orient were looking at a 4G pitch and now they would have a ground that could be expanded to a good level .Meanwhile the reserves could be installed there and share it with a Harlow team if needed.
God No . East London is Home !
101% this
Transport links are far better in E10 for fans to get to.
I live near Harlow but would much rather come to Leyton
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

Move to Harlow? No ULEZ !!!!!!!
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Orient_Man_And_Boy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:24 pm Move to Harlow? No ULEZ !!!!!!!
LOFC doesnt get charged for ULEZ !!
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

faith1234 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:00 pm
That pokey little entrance for home away fans ? Cant see it being allowed .
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:28 pm
Orient_Man_And_Boy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:24 pm Move to Harlow? No ULEZ !!!!!!!
Give HIM time ....
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Orient_Man_And_Boy wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:36 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:28 pm
Give HIM time ....
Rather daft statement as ultra low emission zone isnt aimed at stationery structures !!
PotatOhead
Fresh Alias

Post by PotatOhead »

Club are actively looking at moving out the area in the future. It’s a fact whether we like it or not. I would prefer to stay in Leyton but there’s simply no room for anywhere near significant expansion at Brisbane Rd. Plus there’s the fact that we don’t own the ground which obviously isn’t ideal.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Just buy any of the plots of land on lea bridge rd , the old pitch & putt site , the stables or the ice rink .
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

PotatOhead wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:32 pm Club are actively looking at moving out the area in the future. It’s a fact whether we like it or not. I would prefer to stay in Leyton but there’s simply no room for anywhere near significant expansion at Brisbane Rd. Plus there’s the fact that we don’t own the ground which obviously isn’t ideal.
Not quite right. They are actively looking to move from Brisbane Road but the investors see us as a London club - so in London we will stay. Expect a Wimbledon/QPR/Brentford style development if and when it happens. We can't achieve it without something to support the investment in a single use stadium.

FWIW Harlow is a dump and having worked there for 10 years I should know!
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

My home town team hasn't been very successful for a number of years. For a few years Orient played pre season friendlies (first saw Dan Happe at one, and Kent Teague) but not for the last couple of seasons). Their ground, as I think has been mentioned, is in an industrial area. No public transport, 1.5 miles walk from Harlow town station, same to the town centre for a bus connection to Epping. Harlow compares very unfavourably with Stevenage Boro football wise as similar towns but look where Stevenage are.

However Stevenage struggle to get 4000 so I certainly don't think it would be good move for Orient to move here
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Harlow wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:48 pm My home town team hasn't been very successful for a number of years. For a few years Orient played pre season friendlies (first saw Dan Happe at one, and Kent Teague) but not for the last couple of seasons). Their ground, as I think has been mentioned, is in an industrial area. No public transport, 1.5 miles walk from Harlow town station, same to the town centre for a bus connection to Epping. Harlow compares very unfavourably with Stevenage Boro football wise as similar towns but look where Stevenage are.

However Stevenage struggle to get 4000 so I certainly don't think it would be good move for Orient to move here
You forgot to mention there's no parking either!
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

There is a car park
PotatOhead
Fresh Alias

Post by PotatOhead »

LittleMate wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:18 pm
PotatOhead wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:32 pm Club are actively looking at moving out the area in the future. It’s a fact whether we like it or not. I would prefer to stay in Leyton but there’s simply no room for anywhere near significant expansion at Brisbane Rd. Plus there’s the fact that we don’t own the ground which obviously isn’t ideal.
Not quite right. They are actively looking to move from Brisbane Road but the investors see us as a London club - so in London we will stay. Expect a Wimbledon/QPR/Brentford style development if and when it happens. We can't achieve it without something to support the investment in a single use stadium.

Did you hear Mark Devlin on the Outlook pod? After he spoke about new training ground site he talks about moving from Brisbane Rd if they can’t significantly increase capacity. Wasn’t specific on location just said there’s a difference of opinion from the board whether or not we should move out the area. I didn’t say we’re looking to move out of London although I can’t see where else in London we could move to that would be economically viable if we’re looking to upsize personally
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

So Harlow is a dump! But good enough to provide employment to you for 10 years! Presumably, you helped to clog up our roads during that time. Perhaps you should have looked, whilst doing your daily commute, at some of the amazing stuff we have here
Holybourne Identity
Fresh Alias

Post by Holybourne Identity »

I would not describe Harlow as an up-and-coming town.

The idea of Leyton Orient moving out of London to a medium sized town isn't that dissimilar to Clyde FC moving from Glasgow to the new town (like Harlow) of Cumbernauld, 10 miles out of their home city. Whilst there 28 years Clyde have declined over that time and are now groundsharing at Hamilton with a view to returning to Glasgow in the future.
soloman
Fresh Alias

Post by soloman »

PotatOhead wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:26 am

Did you hear Mark Devlin on the Outlook pod? After he spoke about new training ground site he talks about moving from Brisbane Rd if they can’t significantly increase capacity. Wasn’t specific on location just said there’s a difference of opinion from the board whether or not we should move out the area. I didn’t say we’re looking to move out of London although I can’t see where else in London we could move to that would be economically viable if we’re looking to upsize personally
I expect if the board did find another site in London , that would be our new name ,London Orient . Would be very appealing to new investors from abroad and bring in a few more bob .
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Harlow wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:28 am

So Harlow is a dump! But good enough to provide employment to you for 10 years! Presumably, you helped to clog up our roads during that time. Perhaps you should have looked, whilst doing your daily commute, at some of the amazing stuff we have here
I use Harlow for what it had in the company I own. Cheap unskilled labour and plenty of it. I must drive straight into work and miss it, so tell me about the amazing stuff I'm missing?
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

PotatOhead wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:26 am

You are right that you didn't mention moving out of London, but the topic suggests you'd be referring to Harlow.