Who remembers the dark days

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

O my gawd
Fresh Alias

Who remembers the dark days

Post by O my gawd »

Of 2 weeks ago when we could only draw a pre season friendly with Dagenham?
The ridiculous meltdown that followed by some was laughable & embarrassing. I'm just pleased that the club have shot down that negativity in the first 2 league games.
No league has ever been won in July or August.
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Who remembers the dark days

Post by Omygawd »

O my gawd wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:08 am Of 2 weeks ago when we could only draw a pre season friendly with Dagenham?
The ridiculous meltdown that followed by some was laughable & embarrassing. I'm just pleased that the club have shot down that negativity in the first 2 league games.
The Fairlop Summer Power League has but I get your point.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

The good news is that despite the problems caused by a 100% start to the season, and no goals conceeded , the usual moaners are still able to find some things to complain about.

It's dedication like their we should be proud of

Martin Ling needs to strengthen our moaning ranks in case we lose any of them to being content
wigwam o's
Fresh Alias

Post by wigwam o's »

Just recruited lol! Not a moaner though, one of the old school. Was there 69-70 (season ticket holder), 1st seat next to the directors box on the half way line of the east stand, looking over the standing area below (courtesy of uncle reggie & ronnie) and not forgetting my uncle who took me with my cousin. Dad was too busy. :lol:
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

O my gawd wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:08 am Of 2 weeks ago when we could only draw a pre season friendly with Dagenham?
The irony of this whole post.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

THE
"Theres only 5 days till the season starts "
was an intensly dark moment in the Clubs History
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

I thought you were referring to THE dark days !
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

The only two bits I would say is, no goals from open play, a penalty and two second phase corners and Pratley has started well like he did last year but due to his age etc he was knackered by November playing 90 minutes every week
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

essexfootball wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:50 pm The only two bits I would say is, no goals from open play, a penalty and two second phase corners and Pratley has started well like he did last year but due to his age etc he was knackered by November playing 90 minutes every week
Hence RW confirming up what some of us on here been saying for a while that CM needs more than one player coming in. Rest of the squad is strong so if we can get that area sorted we should be all set.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

It seems for some the dark days never went away!
The Big Shot
Fresh Alias

Post by The Big Shot »

gshaw, Red Dwarf, PoundhillO, Qin, Cochkhat, biggsymalone, stan1972, beradogs & Chief Crazy Horse all post alot less when the team wins because it damages their egos. their narratives and agendas they're trying to set. Look at the Crawley matchday thread and how quiet it is.

Chief Crazy Horse openly said he preferred to win friendly matches a few weeks ago as apparently that builds better momentum and confidence than winning proper competitive games, so not suprising he hasn't posted at all after yesterdays win because his ego has taken some damage in the last 24 hours. Double Standards as well, quite - as he would put it.

Don't worry everyone, when we lose for the first time everything will be alright and you can all post on here again.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

The Big Shot wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:04 pm gshaw, Red Dwarf, PoundhillO, Qin, Cochkhat, biggsymalone, stan1972, beradogs & Chief Crazy Horse all post alot less when the team wins because it damages their egos. their narratives and agendas they're trying to set. Look at the Crawley matchday thread and how quiet it is.

Chief Crazy Horse openly said he preferred to win friendly matches a few weeks ago as apparently that builds better momentum and confidence than winning proper competitive games, so not suprising he hasn't posted at all after yesterdays win because his ego has taken some damage in the last 24 hours. Double Standards as well, quite - as he would put it.

Don't worry everyone, when we lose for the first time everything will be alright and you can all post on here again.
Errrrrr I been posting just fine thanks, I'm happy when we're winning as that's all that matters.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

gshaw wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:36 pm
The Big Shot wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:04 pm gshaw, Red Dwarf, PoundhillO, Qin, Cochkhat, biggsymalone, stan1972, beradogs & Chief Crazy Horse all post alot less when the team wins because it damages their egos. their narratives and agendas they're trying to set. Look at the Crawley matchday thread and how quiet it is.

Errrrrr I been posting just fine thanks, I'm happy when we're winning as that's all that matters.
The same goes from me as well .
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

This is a very weird thread.
KC & sunshine band
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by KC & sunshine band »

Probably 1966, but definitely in the sixties
A meeting was called for all who wanted to attend in the East stand on a Sunday morning
I think it was Artur Page the chairman , and other speakers who spoke to the crowd through a mobile speaker informing all that the club was in danger of liquidation
I remember buckets being passed through the crowd and supporters putting money in to the buckets, paper notes, coins what ever people could spare
That was a dark day
But we survived and look were we are now , but I still remember !
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Always been A Hardcore miserable b*st*rds brigade , This is obviously the latest batch .
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

KC & sunshine band wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:42 pm Probably 1966, but definitely in the sixties
A meeting was called for all who wanted to attend in the East stand on a Sunday morning
I think it was Artur Page the chairman , and other speakers who spoke to the crowd through a mobile speaker informing all that the club was in danger of liquidation
I remember buckets being passed through the crowd and supporters putting money in to the buckets, paper notes, coins what ever people could spare
That was a dark day
They were dark days indeed KC. From the euphoric days of the first division for the one and only time in our history and then within about 3 years we had nose dived back into the 3rd division and passing a bucket around to survive. Somehow we did and 3 years later we were 3rd division champions !
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

Omygawd wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:16 am
The Fairlop Summer Power League has but I get your point.
That Takes me back DIV 6 me and my bunch of 40 year old mates got put up against a team made of Gills and Spurs YTS players it wasn't pretty.
i8ubutler
Regular
Regular

Post by i8ubutler »

KC & sunshine band wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:42 pm Probably 1966, but definitely in the sixties
That was a dark day
And 4 guys used to walk around the pitch at half time, each holding the corner of a blanket for us fans to throw spare change into.
Happy Days.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

True, and now so hard to imagine.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

thought this post was going to be about
cost of living and heating bills.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Be greatful CF retired from here !