Ratings.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Ratings.

Post by Beradogs »

Tight game. One bit of skill from the main man did them. They never really threatened.

Vigouroux. 7. Had a good game. Commanded his area well. Couple of solid punches and catches.
James. 7. Another cracker. Mostly neat and tidy. Didn’t get forward much.
Beccles. 8. MOM. Dealt with everything.
Happe. 7. Good games back to back.
Hunt. 6.5. Does a job. Can’t remember any standout moments.
Clay. 7 worked hard as usual.
Pratley. 7. Same for Darren. Probably the pick of the pair.
Moncor. 6.5. Definitely a player in there but playing within himself. Perhaps he always plays within himself and that’s why we have him.
Archibald. 6. Didn’t come off for him today
Ruel. 5. Didn’t come off for him either. Poor.
Kelman. 6. Decent first 30 minutes and one exquisite back heel then faded. Like to see more of him.

Subs. Smyth. 7. Livened us up. Smith. 6. Ogie 6

Crawley. 5.5. Not great. First shot on target in 180 mins near the end of the game. I think.

Wellens. 6.5. Will be pleased. Plenty to work on.
Last edited by Beradogs on Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Ratings.

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

You might want to Edit the Moncur rating . Read it again .
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Haha
Chelmsford Swimmer
Fresh Alias

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

Might upset some, personally I think Clay and Pratley won it for us in the midfield. They couldn't play through us, and just a few forays down our flanks. A relatively easy time for the central defenders, that said on paper they had two good forwards, but no evidence of it on the pitch today.
TourDeO
Fresh Alias

Post by TourDeO »

I thought Pratley was our best player - he did not stop pressuring them and he harried their midfield for the whole game. I bet he’ll sleep well tonight.
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

Beradogs wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:11 pm Tight game. One bit of skill from the main man did them. They never really threatened.

Vigouroux. 7. Had a good game. Commanded his area well. Couple of solid punches and catches.
Moncor. 6.5. Definitely a player in there but playing within himself. Perhaps he always plays within himself and that’s why we have him.
Kelman. 6. Decent first 30 minutes and one exquisite back heel then faded. Like to see more of him.

Crawley. 5.5. Not great. First shot on target in 180 mins near the end of the game. I think.

Can't argue with these ratings. We were average against a very average team who will be struggling at the end of the season. We need a midfielder who can pick out a pass and are really missing Hector. The good thing is that RW knew we were average and knows where the missing link is. Hopefully the right DM will arrive soon.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

another passing midfielder ?
Chelmsford Swimmer
Fresh Alias

jamespevans wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:07 pm
Beradogs wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:11 pm Tight game. One bit of skill from the main man did them. They never really threatened.

Can't argue with these ratings. We were average against a very average team who will be struggling at the end of the season. We need a midfielder who can pick out a pass and are really missing Hector. The good thing is that RW knew we were average and knows where the missing link is. Hopefully the right DM will arrive soon.
A passing midfielder won't help much if Ruel, Archibald, Kelman, and Smith play the rest of the season like they did today, obviously they can play much better on their day.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Fairish ratings from the OP.

But Pratley was my MOTM too. He’s started the season superbly.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:13 pm

A passing midfielder won't help much if Ruel, Archibald, Kelman, and Smith play the rest of the season like they did today, obviously they can play much better on their day.
The initial front three just didn’t press properly. And given how hard Ruel and Theo work off the ball, that has to go down to Kelman.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Fresh Alias

Gary the Plumber wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:45 pm

The initial front three just didn’t press properly. And given how hard Ruel and Theo work off the ball, that has to go down to Kelman.
A bit harsh on Kelman, particularly without much match fitness. Pressing is a team effort, but I have to say as much as I love Moncur when he has the ball, he is not the best at pressing. Same can be said for big Smith. Busting a gut not their forte.
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

At the end of the day I don’t care to much about ratings it’s the win that counts
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:44 am

A bit harsh on Kelman, particularly without much match fitness. Pressing is a team effort, but I have to say as much as I love Moncur when he has the ball, he is not the best at pressing. Same can be said for big Smith. Busting a gut not their forte.
Kelman has had a pre season hasn’t he? He shouldn’t be struggling with fitness. His only shortcoming should be not knowing how we play. Smith looked like Ian Rush in comparison when he came on yesterday!

Fair comment on Moncur. Some of it also goes down to the slight formation tweak, as Pratley was playing deeper in a 2 with Clay, rather than further forward alongside Moncur as he was last week. So we effectively press with just 4, not 5.
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

All these negative comments after we win a game, just wait till we lose, then the sh*t will hit the fan 👍
DaveDunmore
Fresh Alias

Post by DaveDunmore »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:26 am
Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:44 am

Kelman has had a pre season hasn’t he? He shouldn’t be struggling with fitness. His only shortcoming should be not knowing how we play. Smith looked like Ian Rush in comparison when he came on yesterday!

Fair comment on Moncur. Some of it also goes down to the slight formation tweak, as Pratley was playing deeper in a 2 with Clay, rather than further forward alongside Moncur as he was last week. So we effectively press with just 4, not 5.
Can you pass your tactical observation on to wellens so he can get it right next time 💩
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Not according Ito Richie . Crawley have signed some good players and are a work in process. Crawley will not struggle this season they have had a bad start that's all. We are only two games into a new season .
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Crawley have got the top scorer from last season (from Newport Don Telfer?) & Swindon captain Conroy so no mugs
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

I think the weather played a part in yesterdays game, which was quite pedestrian. I think we were in control without ever being dominant. The defensive central areas were pretty much locked tight but I thought Hunt would be a better defender than he appears to be. Him and Ruel got some work to do to form a partnership on that flank. Both attacking widemen today never got the better of their opposites. Another work in progress performance and another 3 points. Can't ask for more than the points we have at the moment, so well done O's.
Jman
Fresh Alias

Post by Jman »

Vigoroux-8: Thought his handling of crosses and general command of his box was excellent. At times it slowed the game when 1 up. Made a real difference.

Hunt- 6: Dependable.
Happe-7:Did really well. Happe of a few seasons ago.
Beckles-7: Solid. Not too troubled.
James-7: Another fantastic goal, for which he gets an extra mark, pretty quiet aside.

Clay-8: My MOTM. Tireless, energetic performance and made sure we won the midfield battle overall. Think we missed his industry a lot last season.
Pratley-7: Did well, lead by example. Still life in the old dog yet and could be important this season.

Archibald- 5: Nothing really came off for Theo, think they doubled up on him and he struggled. Very quiet.
Moncur- 6: Few nice moments, you can tell he’s a class above but was often crowded out.
Sotiriou: 4- Didn’t even realise he was playing until the second half, I genuinely thought he’d come on at half time and said to a mate we must have made a half time sub.. Ineffectual.

Kelman: 5- Ran about a lot but not much came off.

Subs
Smyth: 6- Improvement on Kelman, gave them more to think about even though end product not great.
Smith: 5 - Didn’t get into it
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

faith1234 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:47 am At the end of the day I don’t care to much about ratings it’s the win that counts
Couldnt agree more . Old Media way of doing things with no use of stats .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

LittleMate wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:19 pm I think the weather played a part in yesterdays game, which was quite pedestrian. I think we were in control without ever being dominant. The defensive central areas were pretty much locked tight but I thought Hunt would be a better defender than he appears to be. Him and Ruel got some work to do to form a partnership on that flank. Both attacking widemen today never got the better of their opposites. Another work in progress performance and another 3 points. Can't ask for more than the points we have at the moment, so well done O's.
I don't think Rob Hunt had much of a pre season so he's still getting up to speed .He'll get better as his fitness improves .
CharlieO
Fresh Alias

Post by CharlieO »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 am
LittleMate wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:19 pm I think the weather played a part in yesterdays game, which was quite pedestrian. I think we were in control without ever being dominant. The defensive central areas were pretty much locked tight but I thought Hunt would be a better defender than he appears to be. Him and Ruel got some work to do to form a partnership on that flank. Both attacking widemen today never got the better of their opposites. Another work in progress performance and another 3 points. Can't ask for more than the points we have at the moment, so well done O's.
I don't think Rob Hunt had much of a pre season so he's still getting up to speed .He'll get better as his fitness improves .
Think Little Mate has it about right re the game here. Re Hunt, it was noticeable how many times Clay (palpably our MOM as per Jman above), particularly in the first half, had to clear out in the left back space. Like the Plumber I think that Wood has been shabbily treated, and he is a top 7 standard left back in this league: Wellens arguments post Crawley re the need to jettison him didn't seem quite convincing.
Although it may disappoint many there is a good chance that our success this season, particularly in the points we can accumulate in away games, will depend a lot more on Clay than the likes of Moncur.