Where are the signings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Where are the signings

Post by PoundhillO »

Our club are beyond a joke, Richie expected to have everyone in before the Portugal trip, then each week players are expected but don’t appear.
What an embarrassment, I will be surprised if Richie stays if it carries on like this.
soloman
Fresh Alias

Re: Where are the signings

Post by soloman »

PoundhillO wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:34 pm Our club are beyond a joke, Richie expected to have everyone in before the Portugal trip, then each week players are expected but don’t appear.
What an embarrassment, I will be surprised if Richie stays if it carries on like this.
I must assume you are a Sun reader and believe everything your told/read. You also seem to know "Ritchie "really well .
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

I’m sure Man City or Liverpool would welcome you with open arms
Reflecto
Fresh Alias

Post by Reflecto »

I think this is a very good question...we have been led to believe that some more players would be coming in (from RW in particular) and nothing has happened. If I was a board member (let alone just a fan) I'd be wondering the same too - so perhaps our DofF could communicate something to the fans as to where we are right now.

I'm sure the lack of excitment (since Moncur signed) has hit our ST sales (especially with the cost of living crises - meaning the club has to work a lot harder to persuade people to part with their dwindling cash)
Orient till I die M
Fresh Alias

Post by Orient till I die M »

According to most on here apparently wondering where the signings are is negative and Ritchie does not want to just bring anyone in so don’t panic !!

What a joke we have obviously been rejected by players all summer.
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

Orient till I die M wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:58 pm According to most on here apparently wondering where the signings are is negative and Ritchie does not want to just bring anyone in so don’t panic !!

Says a lot about the clubs lack of funds and/or ambition.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

PoundhillO wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:03 pm
Orient till I die M wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:58 pm According to most on here apparently wondering where the signings are is negative and Ritchie does not want to just bring anyone in so don’t panic !!

Says a lot about the clubs lack of funds and/or ambition.
I think the clubs ambition is there but unfortunately we haven't got the financial clout to back it up .
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

With reference to the opening post , I get the feeling, once again, that things are not so good behind the scenes and I don't hold out much hope that Wellens will be around that long...unfortunately.
KC & sunshine band
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by KC & sunshine band »

Just an idea but perhaps change the coffee
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:12 pm With reference to the opening post , I get the feeling, once again, that things are not so good behind the scenes and I don't hold out much hope that Wellens will be around that long...unfortunately.
If that's the case then you can see a pattern emerging from the past. In such circumstances I'm left with the conclusion that something must be wrong . Some people would be quick to blame Martin Ling but honestly I don't know who's to blame.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Making ‘signings’ doesn’t equal success though……….quality signings maybe, but I think you have to let RW and the current squad have a chance before writing our chances off adding that RW is leaving………he’s under contract and won’t be going anywhere.
Season Ticket sales are still around the 4K mark, according to the club, I know, but let’s not write our chances off before a ball has even been kicked.
Orient till I die M
Fresh Alias

Cheshunto wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:19 pm Making ‘signings’ doesn’t equal success though……….quality signings maybe, but I think you have to let RW and the current squad have a chance before writing our chances off adding that RW is leaving………he’s under contract and won’t be going anywhere.
Season Ticket sales are still around the 4K mark, according to the club, I know, but let’s not write our chances off before a ball has even been kicked.
But our squad currently is weaker than last season ( we have no recognised striker fit) so you can basically write our chances of.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Cheshunto wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:19 pm Making ‘signings’ doesn’t equal success though……….quality signings maybe, but I think you have to let RW and the current squad have a chance before writing our chances off adding that RW is leaving………he’s under contract and won’t be going anywhere.
I'm certainly not writing off our chances because I believe our first eleven is a promotion winning team . The problem is our squad still isn't strong enough . A few injures or suspensions and we're bolloxed again just like last season where we suffered a mid season collapse. So far it's looking like we won't be getting the players we need .
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

Orient till I die M wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:25 pm
But our squad currently is weaker than last season ( we have no recognised striker fit) so you can basically write our chances of.
Ruel, Smythe are fit.Harry may be back for Grimsby or the week later
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

The opening question is a fair one.

Richie said earlier this week there would be a couple of Signings this week, but once again nothing
Before that he said 5 Signings would be coming, that didn't happen either
Before that etc etc etc.
I don't blame Richie, is those above him that are letting us down.
We will be a mid table team, that flirts with the lower reaches occasionally through the season.
Some of us are getting mighty sick of all the broken promises
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Lifelongfan wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:28 pm
I'd start with Sonny Fish on the bench against Grimsby if we can't sign another striker before next weekend
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Just to clarify, I didn't say that RW IS leaving. But I don’t think he'll be around as long as I would like. And my reasoning is the old chestnut of Dof and manager not a compatible combo.
DaveDunmore
Fresh Alias

Post by DaveDunmore »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:55 pm
Just to clarify, I didn't say that RW IS leaving. But I don’t think he'll be around as long as I would like. And my reasoning is the old chestnut of Dof and manager not a compatible combo.
[/quote You don’t think , now that’s a statement 🥺🥺
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:46 pm The opening question is a fair one.

Richie said earlier this week there would be a couple of Signings this week, but once again nothing
Before that etc etc etc.
We will be a mid table team, that flirts with the lower reaches occasionally through the season.
You have absolutely no proof that anyone is letting anyone down. You are just reverting to the same old bash the DOF rubbish or it’s the boards fault .

We may well have had deals lined up for earlier in the week and been let down by the clubs or the players involved, it happens it’s just seems easier for some limited thinkers to blame people within our club.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

DaveDunmore wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:20 pm
And your evidence that Wellens and Ling are not compatible is what exactly?

Were they incompatible when we signed Archibald? Were they incompatible when we signed Richie’s number One target Moncur?
Were they incompatible when we got,Ruel, James, Thompson Ogie,etc to sign new contracts? Nah

Not a case of incompatibility with people at the club - Just the normal knee jerkers looking for a chance to bash people at the club.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Top of the JES wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:40 pm
DaveDunmore wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:20 pm
And your evidence that Wellens and Ling are not compatible is what exactly?

Were they incompatible when we signed Archibald? Were they incompatible when we signed Richie’s number One target Moncur?
Were they incompatible when we got,Ruel, James, Thompson Ogie,etc to sign new contracts? Nah

Not a case of incompatibility with people at the club - Just the normal knee jerkers looking for a chance to bash people at the club.
No proof, just as you have no proof that the signing of those players you quote makes for perfect harmony behind the scenes. Like I say, no proof, my hunch, if that's ok with you.
Orient till I die M
Fresh Alias

Lifelongfan wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:28 pm
Only one of the mentioned is out and out number 9 and he hasn’t played the whole of pre season. We are not in a good position that’s all there is to it.
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

Top of the JES wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:22 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:46 pm The opening question is a fair one.

Before that etc etc etc.
You have absolutely no proof that anyone is letting anyone down. You are just reverting to the same old bash the DOF rubbish or it’s the boards fault .

We may well have had deals lined up for earlier in the week and been let down by the clubs or the players involved, it happens it’s just seems easier for some limited thinkers to blame people within our club.
Oh I see, it's never the clubs fault.
Other clubs don't seem to have the same problem.
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

PoundhillO wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:34 pm Our club are beyond a joke, Richie expected to have everyone in before the Portugal trip, then each week players are expected but don’t appear.
The squad would have been in place before Portugal had it not been for the injuries. In terms of signings, it seems like you are so desperate for one that you would take another Nouble.

I'm sure the board are looking at signings so JUST CHILL OUT!
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

Loyal_Supporter wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:02 pm
The squad would have been in place before Portugal had it not been for the injuries. In terms of signings, it seems like you are so desperate for one that you would take another Nouble.

I'm sure the board are looking at signings so JUST CHILL OUT!
It’s the board that worries me, they should be giving Richie the players he wants not any foisted on him by the joke of a transfer committee.