Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Lovejoy »

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Howling Mad Murdock wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:16 am The government responded saying London Underground should be running in full so people were able to space out.

However, Mr Khan said almost a third of London transport workers, including train drivers and crucial control centre staff, were off sick or self-isolating so a full service was not possible.

Yes I did wonder.I'm back Saturday and don't know what to expect.Although I've isolated on days off and have been a bit worried due to the messroom being packed last week.We were sharing with the guards as our room was being fixed up.They finished that a bit sharpish.
Sick level sounds suspiciously high.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:49 pm
Lucky7 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:46 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:34 pm

It can be easily checked by working out if there has been excess morbidity in the affected areas. These numbers are becoming available daily and are comparable with the historic number of deaths.

He’s going on the basis that influenza/other strains of corona/sars/mars etc etc have a downward spiral in hotter months/weather etc
Covid 19 is increasing on a daily rate. in Indonesia Phillipines Thailand etc etc and the weather is hot there. for me he’s talking billy bollox
Unlike you to be taken in by this nonsense Mr McCabbie
Not really read this.

.https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/
I’ve read it and I still don’t believe him
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:14 pm
Howling Mad Murdock wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:16 am The government responded saying London Underground should be running in full so people were able to space out.

However, Mr Khan said almost a third of London transport workers, including train drivers and crucial control centre staff, were off sick or self-isolating so a full service was not possible.

Yes I did wonder.I'm back Saturday and don't know what to expect.Although I've isolated on days off and have been a bit worried due to the messroom being packed last week.We were sharing with the guards as our room was being fixed up.They finished that a bit sharpish.
Sick level sounds suspiciously high.
Does it matter in these times? Some may be right.I know less trains is not good and that struck me soon after they announced it...but some people are travelling when they shouldn't be and it isn't helping.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Drs Nurses pharmacists hospital staff ie porters/cleaners admin etc
Delivery drivers
Supermarket workers

Is there a need for anyone else to be travelling?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Of course it matters when its causing crowded trains. People have been told to work from home if they can, but that still leaves a lot of people.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Curious that “lefty” Sweden has elected to go down the route of minimal restrictions (so far). That’s the strategy we quickly reversed in the UK and Trump is mulling over in the USA.

https://www.ft.com/content/31de03b8-6db ... bea055720b (no paywall on this FT article)
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:44 am German immunologist and toxicologist, Professor Stefan Hockertz, explains in a radio interview that Covid19 is no more dangerous than influenza (the flu), but that it is simply observed much more closely. More dangerous than the virus is the fear and panic created by the media and the „authoritarian reaction“ of many governments.

Professor Hockertz also notes that most so-called „corona deaths“ have in fact died of other causes while also testing positive for coronaviruses.

Hockertz believes that up to ten times more people than reported already had Covid19 but noticed nothing or very little.
Below article from the BBC also says that half to two thirds of Coronavirus deaths in the UK might have happened this year anyway because of the age or health of those that died.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52035615
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

I'd favour a policy of just all the old and vulnerable fuckers to be kept in isolation indoors. I've yet to hear an argument against it. Is that what they're doing?
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Not many countries/dependant territories left with zero confirmed cases. A few out the way islands, a few dubious ones where honesty & openness aren’t exactly their forte, and a few poorer places that probably don’t have the infrastructure to know/record incidents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_c ... _territory (You’ll need to scroll down a bit for the current list).
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... ithin-days

Will be on sale through chemists aparrently. Are they really that stupid? They think a country that went f*cking mad over a roll of bog paper will just form an orderly queue?
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:32 pm Of course it matters when its causing crowded trains. People have been told to work from home if they can, but that still leaves a lot of people.
Stop fishing.If you are talking about the tube then that has nothing to do with me.Anyway I thought that was Tfl's decision to cut the service?
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:01 pm I'd favour a policy of just all the old and vulnerable fuckers to be kept in isolation indoors. I've yet to hear an argument against it. Is that what they're doing?
Even though non "old and vulnerable fuckers" are also dying?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Howling Mad Murdock wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:51 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:32 pm Of course it matters when its causing crowded trains. People have been told to work from home if they can, but that still leaves a lot of people.
Stop fishing.If you are talking about the tube then that has nothing to do with me.Anyway I thought that was Tfl's decision to cut the service?
I never said it had anything to do with you. They shouldnt be skiiving off at a time like this.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

BoniO wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:57 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:01 pm I'd favour a policy of just all the old and vulnerable fuckers to be kept in isolation indoors. I've yet to hear an argument against it. Is that what they're doing?
Evidence? It must be a very very low percentage.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:34 pm
BoniO wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:57 pm
Evidence? It must be a very very low percentage.
Yes there is evidence. Go look.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

No, you're claiming something, so provide evidence.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:40 pm No, you're claiming something, so provide evidence.
I'll pass thanks. Notice you binned Murdochs written warning from you. You never used to be such a pompous idiot. What happened to you - would you like to talk about it?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Not going to tolerate abuse. And not going to take a decent thread off topic.

From what I've read the vast vast majority of deaths have been people who have underlying health conditions. If you can prove differently please share.
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

slacker wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:51 pm Curious that “lefty” Sweden has elected to go down the route of minimal restrictions (so far). That’s the strategy we quickly reversed in the UK and Trump is mulling over in the USA.

https://www.ft.com/content/31de03b8-6db ... bea055720b (no paywall on this FT article)
18 people have died in Stockholm during last 24 hours.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Testing kits to detect if you have the anti body for covid19 to be available in days. Amazon to distribute. UK has ordered over 3 million of them so far.

Sounds like a game changer as anyone who passes the test would presumably be able to return to normal life.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:20 pm Not going to tolerate abuse. And not going to take a decent thread off topic.

From what I've read the vast vast majority of deaths have been people who have underlying health conditions. If you can prove differently please share.
All that proves is that people with health issues are coming off worse. That’s not to say healthy people can’t get it or that only people with poor health can. The government is taking the right approach with this virus and if people just listened and actioned what they say we will have a greater chance of helping and supporting the nhs and it’s ability to treat people over a period of time rather than all at once.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Lucky7 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:28 pm Drs Nurses pharmacists hospital staff ie porters/cleaners admin etc
Delivery drivers
Supermarket workers

Those that harvest make & bottle all the wine beer & spirits that are produced worldwide .

Surely are high on the list of essential workers .

I wont mention farmers or anyone in agriculture or the Fish industry ,
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:35 pm Testing kits to detect if you have the anti body for covid19 to be available in days. Amazon to distribute. UK has ordered over 3 million of them so far.

Sounds like a game changer as anyone who passes the test would presumably be able to return to normal life.
Only if there's no lockdown.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

tuffers#1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:56 pm
Lucky7 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:28 pm Drs Nurses pharmacists hospital staff ie porters/cleaners admin etc
Delivery drivers
Supermarket workers

Those that harvest make & bottle all the wine beer & spirits that are produced worldwide .

Surely are high on the list of essential workers .

I wont mention farmers or anyone in agriculture or the Fish industry ,
Got a strange feeling not many farmers use public transport