Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Long slender neck »

Do you really need official advice to tell you to stay away from other people when you're ill?
Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Lovejoy »

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:15 pm
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:33 pm The Scandinavians have found a solution to paying the self-employed during this crisis. They're basing payments on individuals tax returns over the last three years

I assume this policy would be widely welcomed amongst the UK self employed given how honest they are when it comes to self assessment tax returns
I have no problem with that and its a good idea to average it. When do I get the free money?
When you pay some tax!
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

NHS Staff threatening to walk because of the lack of PPE:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... t-shortage

Ask yourself a question, would you want your partner, kids, family members, etc. working at this desperate level of risk?

24th out of 31 Countries within the EEA for the number of intensive care beds and equipment.

10,000+ front-line medical vacancies.

If these things aren't a sad indictment of this inept tory 'Government' after 10 years of austerity, then I don't know what is.

The term 'tory cuts cost lives' will prove to be never been more poignant.
Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Lovejoy »

UK coronavirus LIVE: Boris Johnson facing further calls to halt construction work as experts warn half of country could be infected.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/u ... spartanntp
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:18 am Do you really need official advice to tell you to stay away from other people when you're ill?
Sorry, I wasn't at all clear. I am staying locked in the spare room today or until I get better. My dilemma then if I'm feeling fine tomorrow or the day after is it's entirely my call whether I should remain off work for two weeks. There's all the usual bugs still going round and I'm fairly sure that's what I have. I hope i'm wrong but on the evidence from every other country, the spike in cases we can expect in the next couple of weeks is going to be unmanageable. Having people off for 14 days when they could be working is crazy, as is having people in when they might be spreading infection.. There was two months to get testing capacity in place, it's absolute negligence that front line staff aren't getting tested.
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

The government responded saying London Underground should be running in full so people were able to space out.

However, Mr Khan said almost a third of London transport workers, including train drivers and crucial control centre staff, were off sick or self-isolating so a full service was not possible.

Yes I did wonder.I'm back Saturday and don't know what to expect.Although I've isolated on days off and have been a bit worried due to the messroom being packed last week.We were sharing with the guards as our room was being fixed up.They finished that a bit sharpish.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Prince Charles tests positive for Coronavirus
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:39 am Prince Charles tests positive for Coronavirus
Doctor: "You've got Coronavirus Charles".
Prince Charles: "Oh no, I just don't believe my ears".
Doctor: "YOU fkkin don't" !!!! :~
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

Not all countries have been sharing information but from what has been gathered so far, one pattern is emerging. Check out the link below.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/health/c ... index.html
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

Just had an interview with BTP on the radio and they said they weren't convinced of the necessity of the journeys of about a 1/3rd of the people they talked to. He said they'd be taking further measure if they came back tomorrow.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

This made me chortle this morning

Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Lovejoy wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:50 am
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:33 pm The Scandinavians have found a solution to paying the self-employed during this crisis. They're basing payments on individuals tax returns over the last three years

I assume this policy would be widely welcomed amongst the UK self employed given how honest they are when it comes to self assessment tax returns
I have no problem with that and its a good idea to average it. When do I get the free money?
When you pay some tax!
I hope the free money isn't taxable. I don't want to be dragged into the complexity of the unforgiving tax system.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:33 am
Lovejoy wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:50 am

When you pay some tax!
I hope the free money isn't taxable. I don't want to be dragged into the complexity of the unforgiving tax system.
Nothing's free in this world mate ......apart from the virus 🤔 take care 👍
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

German immunologist and toxicologist, Professor Stefan Hockertz, explains in a radio interview that Covid19 is no more dangerous than influenza (the flu), but that it is simply observed much more closely. More dangerous than the virus is the fear and panic created by the media and the „authoritarian reaction“ of many governments.

Professor Hockertz also notes that most so-called „corona deaths“ have in fact died of other causes while also testing positive for coronaviruses.

Hockertz believes that up to ten times more people than reported already had Covid19 but noticed nothing or very little.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Just spoke to a guy I used to work with , traffic wardens are still working in the city although it is virtually empty of vehicles , my mate has been told work or you don't get paid , can't see how his is a vital job , bloody heartless giving someone a ticket in these troubled times 🤔 although I did enjoy doing it a few years ago 🤣🤣
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

I’m intrigued about Trump blethering on about easing US restrictions by Easter, cos “the cure mustn’t be worse than the disease” or some such covfefe nonsense. Luckily, the State Governors have more power than him over the matter, so I guess it’s him just messaging his dumb libertarian base and trying to avoid being blamed for the economy tanking and the rubbish healthcare for millions of US citizens . Still, there’s some GOP State Governors who buy into this crap, including the jerk down in Florida.

The Brazilian leader also seems a piece of work...
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

All I can say about these 2 is absolute bell ends

BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:44 am German immunologist and toxicologist, Professor Stefan Hockertz, explains in a radio interview that Covid19 is no more dangerous than influenza (the flu), but that it is simply observed much more closely. More dangerous than the virus is the fear and panic created by the media and the „authoritarian reaction“ of many governments.

Professor Hockertz also notes that most so-called „corona deaths“ have in fact died of other causes while also testing positive for coronaviruses.

Hockertz believes that up to ten times more people than reported already had Covid19 but noticed nothing or very little.
I'd love for him to be right. If he is then I really look forward to his "I told you so" interviews. But if he's not 100% sure he's right, and can prove it (and I think that's unlikely) then he's a silly sausage isn't he.
Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Lovejoy »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:44 am German immunologist and toxicologist, Professor Stefan Hockertz, explains in a radio interview that Covid19 is no more dangerous than influenza (the flu), but that it is simply observed much more closely. More dangerous than the virus is the fear and panic created by the media and the „authoritarian reaction“ of many governments.

He could be right, during the winter and spring months you can feel a little low for a few days and think nothing of it. The trouble is, can he prove any of this?
Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Lovejoy »

The central line trains are running between Epping and Leytonstone and Leytonstone westbound and back.
Last edited by Lovejoy on Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

BoniO wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:41 pm

I'd love for him to be right. If he is then I really look forward to his "I told you so" interviews. But if he's not 100% sure he's right, and can prove it (and I think that's unlikely) then he's a silly sausage isn't he.
It can be easily checked by working out if there has been excess morbidity in the affected areas. These numbers are becoming available daily and are comparable with the historic number of deaths.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:34 pm

It can be easily checked by working out if there has been excess morbidity in the affected areas. These numbers are becoming available daily and are comparable with the historic number of deaths.
Like I said, I'd love him to be the one who's right. I'd like to hear what the doctors in Italy think about his theory though.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

He’s going on the basis that influenza/other strains of corona/sars/mars etc etc have a downward spiral in hotter months/weather etc
Covid 19 is increasing on a daily rate. in Indonesia Phillipines Thailand etc etc and the weather is hot there. for me he’s talking billy bollox
Unlike you to be taken in by this nonsense Mr McCabbie
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Lucky7 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:46 pm

He’s going on the basis that influenza/other strains of corona/sars/mars etc etc have a downward spiral in hotter months/weather etc
Covid 19 is increasing on a daily rate. in Indonesia Phillipines Thailand etc etc and the weather is hot there. for me he’s talking billy bollox
Unlike you to be taken in by this nonsense Mr McCabbie
Not really read this.

.https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/