Labour Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Labour Watch

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

dOh Nut wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:41 pm
RedO wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:25 pm Lovely post, dohy. But where’s the evidence stuff?
Do you believe 100% of all issues are reported? This is a question for you to ask yourself.
Quite possibly more than 100% in this case.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Sigh. The last few pages of this thread is typical of how this sort of mud sticks and obfuscates other much more important issues that needs to be examined & discussed critically - like yer actual Party policies, the competence (or otherwise) of those who would be entrusted to implement them if they ever got the chance, and the tensions/tactics of different factions within Labour.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Good post slacker
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Thor wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:45 pmGood post slacker
If that's your thinking then please lead us off on a sensible discussion about one of the issues raised by Slack"""yyy without resorting to whataboutery, abuse or being a clown
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:26 pm
If that's your thinking then please lead us off on a sensible discussion about one of the issues raised by Slack"""yyy without resorting to whataboutery, abuse or being a clown
Max, can we get a majority if Boris the Buffoon gets his election wish?

Answer on a postcard please.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Disoriented wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:59 pm

Who is "we"? I'm SSP and you're Lib Democraps
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:35 pm
Disoriented wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:59 pm

Who is "we"? I'm SSP and you're Lib Democraps
We is all of us not supporting the blue fascists.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Can you show us proof or evidence that the tories are fascists. I’ll go and grab a bite to eat whilst I wait, I fear it will stretch to breakfast.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Still waiting Dis.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Thor wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:32 pmStill waiting Dis.
Have been working fella. Can I refer you to the Mail or the Torygraph to find all the evidence you need.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Glad to hear it, keep up the good work and please do answer me when you've got time now there's a good fella.
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... gland.html

Disgraceful. Falling asleep when Engerland are playing anuthing other than bowls is basically treason. I heard Boris has a full clockwork orange set up in his living room to make sure he didn't miss a second of it.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Mick McQuaid wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:49 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... gland.html

Disgraceful. Falling asleep when Engerland are playing anuthing other than bowls is basically treason. I heard Boris has a full clockwork orange set up in his living room to make sure he didn't miss a second of it.
:lol:

That’s bonkers. Who reads their poo poo anymore?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I see the backbenchers are plotting about comrade steptoe with a view to removing him.

Nice.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Looks like Labour are going for a General Election in todays vote
Bad move IMO
Johnson will make it all about Brexit, and nothing else. They hardly have a decent record to defend, and the pro remain vote will be split
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:50 am Jewish Labour movement are an organization loyal to Israel, and only Israel

Some facts : JLM was disbanded, but reformed in 2015, just as Palestinian supporter Jerremy Corbyn was elected Labour leader.....coincidence eh?

You dont have to be a LabourParty member to join JLM, and you dont have to be Jewish, and many are not either

JLM is a Zionist organization, against Palestinian rights.

there are many organizations in the UK that are working for Zionist Israel, funded by very rich patrons
My word I've just opened this thread for the first time and I've come across this disgusting post.

What a load of conspiratorial nonsense- how dare you?

I count 2 anti-Semitic tropes, and one factual inaccuracy.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

What are the issues, red army?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

I see Maggie Hodge has been reselected as the Labour candidate in Barking & Dagenham.

I take it that dismisses the argument that antisemitism is "rife" in the Party.

#timetomoveon
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

RedO wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:59 pm What are the issues, red army?
"Jewish Labour movement are an organization loyal to Israel, and only Israel".

That is obviously nonsense.

Some facts : JLM was disbanded, but reformed in 2015, just as Palestinian supporter Jerremy Corbyn was elected Labour leader.....coincidence eh?

JLM was relaunched in 2004. It saw an increase in membership in 2015 around the time of the 2015 leadership campaign.

You dont have to be a LabourParty member to join JLM, and you dont have to be Jewish, and many are not either

Members of other parties are ineligible. I think it is a good thing that non-Jews can join. Many have done in solidarity.

JLM promotes the idea of self determination for Jewish people within the state of Israel. This and supporting the rights of Palestinian people are not mutually exclusive. Supporting one does not mean that you oppose the other, which JLM does not do.

there are many organizations in the UK that are working for Zionist Israel, funded by very rich patrons

Okay, but this is true of many organisations and many political ideas, states and groups around the world. Why single out a group of Jewish people for this?
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:11 pm I see Maggie Hodge has been reselected as the Labour candidate in Barking & Dagenham.

#timetomoveon
What a belittling, offensive and moronic post.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Red_Army wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:20 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:11 pm I see Maggie Hodge has been reselected as the Labour candidate in Barking & Dagenham.

#timetomoveon
I think we are making progress as you didn't call me anti-semitic.

#rightresult
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

JLM was relaunched in 2004. It saw an increase in membership in 2015 around the time of the 2015 leadership campaign.

Members of other parties are ineligible. I think it is a good thing that non-Jews can join. Many have done in solidarity.

JLM promotes the idea of self determination for Jewish people within the state of Israel. This and supporting the rights of Palestinian people are not mutually exclusive. Supporting one does not mean that you oppose the other, which JLM does not do.

Okay, but this is true of many organisations and many political ideas, states and groups around the world. Why single out a group of Jewish people for this?
Oh come on. The JLM was basically defunct until 2015. It was relaunched in 2015/16 to go after Corbyn. Let's be honest about it.

The rest of that is just waffle. What anti-semitic trope were you talking about?
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:24 pm

#timetomoveon
I think we are making progress as you didn't call me anti-semitic.

#rightresult
Today is the first time that I have even looked at this thread, and what a mistake it was.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

RedO wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:28 pm

Oh come on. The JLM was basically defunct until 2015. It was relaunched in 2015/16 to go after Corbyn. Let's be honest about it.

The rest of that is just waffle. What anti-semitic trope were you talking about?
One might see it as 'to go after Corbyn'. Others might see it as finding a way of voicing deeply held concerns about the conduct of party members, including some current MPs, and former office holders. Some might argue that such a group wasn't hugely necessary in the Labour Party until this time.

The main concern was the 'wealthy patrons' comment. It doesn't take a genius to work that one out. The other was the suggestion that JLM have a loyalty to a foreign power.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Red_Army wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:34 pm
RedO wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:28 pm

One might see it as 'to go after Corbyn'. Others might see it as finding a way of voicing deeply held concerns about the conduct of party members, including some current MPs, and former office holders. Some might argue that such a group wasn't hugely necessary in the Labour Party until this time.

The main concern was the 'wealthy patrons' comment. It doesn't take a genius to work that one out. The other was the suggestion that JLM have a loyalty to a foreign power.
The group and organised campaign was only necessary when a pro-Palestinian rights leader was elected. Up until then the leadership were supporters of Zionism.

For that political reason the JLM as a front organisation was reactivated and was funded by the Israeli embassy (see video of Joan Ryan being caught on camera).

The antisemitic smears then became a central plank of an overblown PR campaign to undermine Corbyn. Be clear what I am NOT saying here is that there were no instances of antisemitism nor that the leadership handled the situation particularly well.

However, creating thousands of false accusations was just another ploy to overwhelm bureaucrats dealing with the Party disciplinary procedures and as planned this enabled accusations to be levelled against Corbyn that he was not dealing with the matter properly.

I agree with you that the funding by wealthy patrons statement is an often used anti-Semitic trope and needs to be challenged at all times.