Poll: Sack Jackett?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Should Jackett be sacked?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 91

Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Poll: Sack Jackett?

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Demarco wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:01 pm Probably the majority of the support wanted KJ in as first choice when Dross Embleton and the Jobi era came to an end.
Careful what you wish for guys, we could end up with Pratley as player Manager!!! Then you will be moaning even more.

FOR: Give the guy a break, we're either sh/t hot or totally sh/t......... the form may return
Season over really but give him another year to build.

AGAINST: However, all this talk of Sotiriou, well he is NOT the answer but it would be nice to give the kid a run of games especially as Smith & Drinan have gone on strike.
Club kit wearing - I firmly believe there is something more to this than we're led to believe.

Personally I think he'll be off at the end of the season.
Which is....
UNACCEPTABLE
Love the club kit conspiracy. What’s your theory?
Demarco
Fresh Alias

Post by Demarco »

Contractual dispute, making a stance, not getting too associated with the club? Could all be bullsh/t but seems a bit weird unless we're all being a wee bit paranoid!

Up the O's
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Demarco wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:01 pm Probably the majority of the support wanted KJ in as first choice when Dross Embleton and the Jobi era came to an end.
Careful what you wish for guys, we could end up with Pratley as player Manager!!! Then you will be moaning even more.

FOR: Give the guy a break, we're either sh/t hot or totally sh/t......... the form may return
Season over really but give him another year to build.

AGAINST: However, all this talk of Sotiriou, well he is NOT the answer but it would be nice to give the kid a run of games especially as Smith & Drinan have gone on strike.
Club kit wearing - I firmly believe there is something more to this than we're led to believe.

Personally I think he'll be off at the end of the season.
Which is....
UNACCEPTABLE
The return of UNACCEPTABLE :D
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Frogger wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:51 pm How the f8ck can anyone in their right f8cking mind want KJ still to manage this team?
The results are the worst in 20 years!!! And That take some beating!!

I admit it’s not just KJ to blame, the squad are as useful as a chocolate teapot at the moment but we can’t sack every player (mores the pity).

We have not progressed one bit since promotion, if anything we have become worse. The standard of football is awful. What’s even more worrying is our best players are loans!
IMO, our three best players are Ogie, James and Clay . All are our players and not on loan. incidentally without Craig Clay in the middle we've fallen apart in that area . So much for his " limited ability " bollocks which has been spoken about on here. We have missed him ,big time .
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

What the hell is this about 'club kit'?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:20 am
Stowaway wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:07 am All strikers miss chances, but we rely on them putting the odd one away. That’s not happening now. Drinan had perhaps two good chances yesterday, and we created little else. The whole team looks wrong, aimless and thoroughly off-sorts. Jackett doesn’t seem to be able to work out why, or how to change it. I’ve no idea why - you’d have thought a manager of his experience should be able to get this lot going. We were scoring for fun at one point, so what’s gone wrong?
James, Smyth and Archibald are 3 massive losses. As is Clays work rate, to be fair.
Archibald played yesterday.

Smyth has barely played since day one, so can hardly count him as a big loss.
soloman
Fresh Alias

Post by soloman »

Stowaway wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:07 am All strikers miss chances, but we rely on them putting the odd one away. That’s not happening now. Drinan had perhaps two good chances yesterday, and we created little else. The whole team looks wrong, aimless and thoroughly off-sorts. Jackett doesn’t seem to be able to work out why, or how to change it. I’ve no idea why - you’d have thought a manager of his experience should be able to get this lot going. We were scoring for fun at one point, so what’s gone wrong?
James, Smyth and Archibald are 3 massive losses. As is Clays work rate, to be fair.
I just can't see why fans on this board think our bad form started when the injuries did . We have had just above average form all year ,all those away draws and losses cost us dearly before Christmas ,should have done loads better . Yes we have had some great results at home but a lot of those goals have come on mass in a few of those games . Other teams in this division recruited a lot better players than we did at the very start of the season and January signings have been a mare . I always thought we would finish 8th ish but even that's gonna be a mile out now .
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

So a cler victory for kenny IN.
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

soloman wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:53 pm
I just can't see why fans on this board think our bad form started when the injuries did . We have had just above average form all year ,all those away draws and losses cost us dearly before Christmas ,should have done loads better . Yes we have had some great results at home but a lot of those goals have come on mass in a few of those games . Other teams in this division recruited a lot better players than we did at the very start of the season and January signings have been a mare . I always thought we would finish 8th ish but even that's gonna be a mile out now .
Going back to the Swindon game, we looked good, and there was optimism, tempered by the knowledge that despite the second best goal difference there had been far too many draws, and that had cost us.

Bur since Swindon we’ve lost James, Clay, Smyth and Happe to long term injuries, and given our best player amongst them it was always going to hit our form. The likes of Archibald and many others have been in and out too. As Dulcet Dave has said he’s never known a season like it for injuries, and he’s right. But somehow we’ve got to grind out some points and survive. Whether we’d do that better under someone other than KJ I’m not sure, but there may come a point of no return with him, when we’d have nothing to lose, we’re not there yet in my opinion.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Long slender neck wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:30 pm What the hell is this about 'club kit'?
The Orient Outlook got their knickers in a twist over the fact that he doesn't wear official club clobber in interviews.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

soloman wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:53 pm
Agree, the injuries explanation for this dreadful and unexplained run of form is just a timid excuse.
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

I genuinely don't know. Jackett's track record suggests he'll turn this around but it seems to me. watching results from afar, that this is more than just a temporary loss of form. Our recent run of results is abysmal so, if I was making the decision, there would be a strong temptation to call it quits, accept it hasn't worked out and make a change before it's too late. So, on balance, it looks like I'm saying sack.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:24 am As someone else alluded to, I would love to see how a poll would pan out on Ling..
Yes please, bring it on.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

EH16 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:14 pm I genuinely don't know. Jackett's track record suggests he'll turn this around but it seems to me. watching results from afar, that this is more than just a temporary loss of form. Our recent run of results is abysmal so, if I was making the decision, there would be a strong temptation to call it quits, accept it hasn't worked out and make a change before it's too late. So, on balance, it looks like I'm saying sack.
Does he actually have a record of turning bad form into good?
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

PoundhillO wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:20 pm
Chief crazy horse wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:24 am As someone else alluded to, I would love to see how a poll would pan out on Ling..
Yes please, bring it on.
👏
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Can vote on that here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9099
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

I think he'll be sacked when it's too late
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

he wont be sacked even if we get relegated.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

greyhound wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:33 am he wont be sacked even if we get relegated.
If we get relegated he'll probably walk out anyway.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:28 pm Can vote on that here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9099
63 % not voting for the sack ling only choice !
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:00 am
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:28 pm Can vote on that here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9099
66% voting for a combination of solely sack Ling and sack Ling/Jackett
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

PoundhillO wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:23 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:00 am
66% voting for a combination of solely sack Ling and sack Ling/Jackett
Now 64% saying don't sack just Ling

The question asked in the sack Jackett thread was

" would love to see how ling faired on sack him
Yes or no ",
Yet its 66% who say nope not Ling
As we already have a 44% sack jackett vote
If we take that 44% off of your 66 & combination
I make that about 22% who just want ling gone .

That's better support for Lingy than Bodge has in the T*ry party !!

Time you gave up your Hate poundslope
😜