Koroma to Huddersfield Town (Rumour)

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Koroma to Huddersfield Town (Rumour)

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

eagwgw wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:41 pm MacAnthony said something about Matt Stevens in that a club were waiting for money from a striker to sign him.
Not necessarily us though. We needed another forward before we sold Koroma and would have made a lot more from the Bonne transfer than we paid for Wilkinson. If we wanted to pay for a player we already had money.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

eagwgw wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:41 pm MacAnthony said something about Matt Stevens in that a club were waiting for money from a striker to sign him.

Not particularly sure he fits the bill any more. WIlkinson is not really proven as a League player, having two of them as first choices is a bit of a gamble. Ideally we need two strikers and Harrold and Wilkinson as backup. I quite liked the strike force we had before they left, had a bit of everything so maybe we could go for similar traits.

I wonder if James Alabi might still have a role to play. Interesting to see if he is assigned a squad number.
We have been lining up the Matt Stevens signing since the end of the season as we had agreed with both Bonne and Koroma they could leave he's potentially a very good signing. Also if you think we have signed Conor Wilkinson to sit on the bench you are likely to be disappointed.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Buddy Manucci wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:45 pm Much easier to resolve this one then then Bonne loss. Not as many goals to replace and JMD look like he has more about him creativity wise. Koroma was excellent but also infuriatingly selfish at times. Good business and good luck to Koroma, he stayed and showed his worth which has paid off and hope he goes on to get some first team football for Huddersfield.
Would JMD be able to replace Koroma up front? Guess it's possible.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Top of the West. wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:27 pm As with Bonne, Koroma was promised a move after signing his contract extension if we went up. He would have been out of contract otherwise and we would probably have got peanuts for him at a tribunal because he would have left to further his career Both lads get to further their careers and we get a decent fee to strengthen the squad.

Some of the hysterical responses on here are beyond pathetic. the club honoured Its agreement with the players who delivered for us last season, new faces will come in and as with Wilkinson they have almost certainly been lined up by the management team. Pending completion of the Koroma sale.

As for finance, we will have fees for the players and in addition the club was refinanced earlier in the summer so wages etc are not going to be an issue.
Koroma s contract would of ended Summer 2020
AckneyAwks
Fresh Alias

Post by AckneyAwks »

Wow!!! Leyton Orient have sold players. Where has everyone been this has been going on since 1881. Obviously dissapointing but is anyone Really surprised. Probably 90% if not more of clubs in English football are selling clubs including the premiership. As has happened over the years we have to make management decisions, recruit new players as well as bring through talanted young players. I really wish Justin was here now because he would see this as a opportunity to further challange himself and take the club forward. Hopefully others will also accept the challange. I know everyone is dissapointed but dont throw in the towel until you see our the club reacts. Probably the only club in Britain who dont need to sell to evolve or survive is Man City. Dont want to renew your season ticket...better support Man City!!
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Lucky7 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:51 pm
Top of the West. wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:27 pm As with Bonne, Koroma was promised a move after signing his contract extension if we went up. He would have been out of contract otherwise and we would probably have got peanuts for him at a tribunal because he would have left to further his career Both lads get to further their careers and we get a decent fee to strengthen the squad.

Some of the hysterical responses on here are beyond pathetic. the club honoured Its agreement with the players who delivered for us last season, new faces will come in and as with Wilkinson they have almost certainly been lined up by the management team. Pending completion of the Koroma sale.

As for finance, we will have fees for the players and in addition the club was refinanced earlier in the summer so wages etc are not going to be an issue.
Koroma s contract would of ended Summer 2020
It would. but giving him the option of a two year extension and promising he could leave this summer rather than running his contract down means we have got far higher fee for him.
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

Its just dawned on me that our striker force as it stands is Conor Wilkinson, Matt Harrold, James Alabi and Ruel Sotiriou. Makes you want to cry. We desperately need someone who's going to carry the ball, run at defenders, score from outside the box, link the play.etc

So far, since the Braintree game, its all been a bit sh*t really, hasn't it.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

???? Pep has sold 20 1st team players since he arrived at Man City

We have sold about 6 in the same time frame
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:49 pm
Buddy Manucci wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:45 pm Much easier to resolve this one then then Bonne loss. Not as many goals to replace and JMD look like he has more about him creativity wise. Koroma was excellent but also infuriatingly selfish at times. Good business and good luck to Koroma, he stayed and showed his worth which has paid off and hope he goes on to get some first team football for Huddersfield.
Would JMD be able to replace Koroma up front? Guess it's possible.
Depends on formation. I'm making the assumption we stick with 532 and JMD in the hole creating, and ending up with the same number of goals and assists we got from Koroma. Not convinced both would have worked in the same team over an extended period.

Still key to bring in another top striker at this level though.
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

Eat The Rich wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:01 pm Its just dawned on me that our striker force as it stands is Conor Wilkinson, Matt Harrold, James Alabi and Ruel Sotiriou. Makes you want to cry. We desperately need someone who's going to carry the ball, run at defenders, score from outside the box, link the play.etc

I don't think we are desperate for that already having JMD are we?
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Eat The Rich wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:01 pm Its just dawned on me that our striker force as it stands is Conor Wilkinson, Matt Harrold, James Alabi and Ruel Sotiriou. Makes you want to cry. We desperately need someone who's going to carry the ball, run at defenders, score from outside the box, link the play.etc

Chill bro we haven’t even started pre-season yet
RBMarshall
Fresh Alias

Post by RBMarshall »

Top of the West. wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:48 pm

Not particularly sure he fits the bill any more. WIlkinson is not really proven as a League player, having two of them as first choices is a bit of a gamble. Ideally we need two strikers and Harrold and Wilkinson as backup. I quite liked the strike force we had before they left, had a bit of everything so maybe we could go for similar traits.

I wonder if James Alabi might still have a role to play. Interesting to see if he is assigned a squad number.
We have been lining up the Matt Stevens signing since the end of the season as we had agreed with both Bonne and Koroma they could leave he's potentially a very good signing. Also if you think we have signed Conor Wilkinson to sit on the bench you are likely to be disappointed.
Hope you're right. Would dig this.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

RBMarshall wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:15 pm
Top of the West. wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:48 pm

Hope you're right. Would dig this.
Not saying it's certain because you can never say that but he has been on our radar for a while,there are other clubs interested but I know we have registered an interest with Posh.
Last edited by Top of the JES on Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

Looking at all the comments, we are never happy. No ambition, deeply concerned....WHAT THE f*** DID YOU EXPECT?! Last time we had 'ambition' we had a nutter come along. Some people on here are mental.
Constanza
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Constanza »

Let's get Cox back.
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

Key words about strike force: 'AS IT STANDS'. It will change but I agree that it has been a bit sh*t since Braintree!
Constanza
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Constanza »

Considering we didn't score a goal in our last three matches I'm glad we've sold our front line.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

I am sick of the apologists when we sell our best players. They must be supporters from the last 15-20 years. Funny isn’t it, we have been sh*t ever since we called ourselves little Leyton Orient and sell anyone that can kick a ball in the straight line. Before that we spent years in the championship. Good players came and stayed.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Just too add. On a par with teams like err. Huddersfield.
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

Beradogs wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:41 pm I am sick of the apologists when we sell our best players. They must be supporters from the last 15-20 years. Funny isn’t it, we have been sh*t ever since we called ourselves little Leyton Orient and sell anyone that can kick a ball in the straight line. Before that we spent years in the championship. Good players came and stayed.
Is that serious? Usually you are more level headed then that.
Mr. Peanutbutter
Fresh Alias

Post by Mr. Peanutbutter »

Beradogs wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:42 pm Just too add. On a par with teams like err. Huddersfield.
A team just relegated from the Premier League v a team just promoted form non-league.

Hmmmm.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Mr. Peanutbutter wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:54 pm
Beradogs wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:42 pm Just too add. On a par with teams like err. Huddersfield.
A team just relegated from the Premier League v a team just promoted form non-league.

Hmmmm.
I am sure Abrahams has the same thoughts too.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

I want to know how people who think these players shouldn't have been sold would have tried to keep them.
SouthStandDonut
Fresh Alias

Post by SouthStandDonut »

EliotNes wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:48 pm I wonder if they’d have stayed if Justin hadn’t passed away.
I have it on good authority that justin told him to embrace the opportunity . Obviously been in pipeline. Josh loves this club....i know that for a fact! I'm absolutely gutted but it's a move too good to turn down. The Huddersfield manager is looking to build a young dynamic team. ...perfect for jk
Last edited by SouthStandDonut on Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Red_Army wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:04 pm I want to know how people who think these players shouldn't have been sold would have tried to keep them.
Money.