Would You Support Another Lockdown : POLL

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Would You Support Another Lockdown?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 66

BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Would You Support Another Lockdown : POLL

Post by BIGRON »

KVN wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:20 pm It wouldn't work people are sick of it now and are less scared of covid and wouldn't pay attention. Unless you closed down the country or militarised it. I am not advocating this.
All it would do is terrorise the few germaphobes and isolate the disabled.
Agree , If he was to lock it down at Xmas people would say fook it I'm not giving up another Xmas ( I wouldn't be one of em ) .
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

It's interesting to see how things compare globally. With no lockdown and a 90% Vax rate in NSW we're averaging about 250 cases a day. Down from a peak of about 1500 during lockdown.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thor wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:29 pm I can't believe that you lefties want to give up you're freedoms! Unbelievable Jeff!!

Tell me how a f*cking covid passport is going to stop anyone passing on the virus? It won't. If you've been double jabbed why are you worried if someone has not been jabbed? Don't you have confidence in the vaccine the ?

You've all been conned and you're still falling for the same sh*t. 3 weeks to flatten the curve, get the vulnerable jabbed and the rest will be ok. Get jabbed, get double jabbed now get you booster. f*** me you've all been played like a stage play.

It would not surprise me if the delta variant was the vaccine itself!! We have more people testing positive, and the death rate increase since we've been getting jabbed. But like everything to do with covid you'll say its a coincidence.

Did you see the 2 kids in the USA who went to Walgrave for a flu shot? They were given the covid jab in error and now have been got heart problems which will be with them for life. You've been warned and you were not listening, anyone who let's their kids get jabbed might as well play Russian roulette with their life.

The rubbish written in this thread is absolutely mind blowing. Just sit in your house and don't come out again whilst I'm going to carry on with my life and enjoy it. Never been jabbed never been tested and won't ever do either. The powers that be are absolutely laughing at you all for doing what you're told whilst they live their lives without hindrance, no masks, no social distancing, flights in and out the country while you do as you're told.

Its time to stand up and be a man or women and stop being a crushed by the state and fight back otherwise our grand parents and great grandparents would have died in wars for nothing.

Rant over.
Sorry, only just seen this.

Is Giltho being genuine with this or is it more character/role-play stuff?
Fisch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fisch »

Interesting question and an equally eye opening result, 50-50 when I just looked. Ignoring the high possibility of mutliple aliases, we are split down the middle. If the rest of the country follows suit then that's quite a national schism. I guess there'll be more social consequences from the disagreement than from the actual pandemic.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

What social consequences will be there be if there is/isn’t another lockdown?
Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Type high »

Wouldn't want to, however, if it comes back stronger I would support most options
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

There won’t be another lockdown. Nothing in the science or the numbers suggest otherwise. We are expected , at last , to take responsibility for our own health and safety. Wear a mask if you feel it helps. Social distance where you can. Continue hand washing.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

George wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:39 pm There won’t be another lockdown. Nothing in the science or the numbers suggest otherwise. We are expected , at last , to take responsibility for our own health and safety. Wear a mask if you feel it helps. Social distance where you can. Continue hand washing.
But you can’t take personal responsibility for something that is directly impacted by the actions of others.

This is about washing hands, alright.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:14 pm
George wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:39 pm There won’t be another lockdown. Nothing in the science or the numbers suggest otherwise. We are expected , at last , to take responsibility for our own health and safety. Wear a mask if you feel it helps. Social distance where you can. Continue hand washing.
But you can’t take personal responsibility for something that is directly impacted by the actions of others.

This is about washing hands, alright.
I am not concerned about the actions of others. I am vaccinated. I will have a booster. I don’t care or have any concerns for those that are not . They do not impact my life or day to day activities
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

They do impact your life when you catch Covid off of one of them.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

But I’m vaccinated so don’t care. I trust the vaccine. A few weeks ago we were told that herd immunity was not achievable and that before the end of this year we would all come into contact with the Indian variant.
The same personal COVID avoidance strategy applies now as it has done throughout.
Jack
Fresh Alias

Post by Jack »

The vaccine does not stop you catching the virus
The vaccine does not stop you transmitting it to others
The vaccine ensures if you get the virus, you will usually not suffer as bad as if you hadnt had the vaccine, although plenty have died, despite having double jabs

So, if youre double or treble jabbed please dont be complacent, you can get this virus just as any unvaccinated person can, and you can transmit it to others just as unvaccinated people can
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

What should people with compromised immunity do?
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:37 pm What should people with compromised immunity do?
Avoid others
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Jack wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:12 pm The vaccine does not stop you catching the virus
The vaccine does not stop you transmitting it to others
The vaccine ensures if you get the virus, you will usually not suffer as bad as if you hadnt had the vaccine, although plenty have died, despite having double jabs

So, if youre double or treble jabbed please dont be complacent, you can get this virus just as any unvaccinated person can, and you can transmit it to others just as unvaccinated people can
You are correct . And I suspect everyone knows that. But we are not entering any more lockdowns so best to take personal responsibility and act in a way that gives you a degree of protection
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Also accept life is a risk. As much chance of dying from something other than Covid
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

George wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:53 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:37 pm What should people with compromised immunity do?
Avoid others
But will you admit you don't care about others? That you are not willing to wear a mask to protect others?
LeytonstoneRed07 M
Fresh Alias

Post by LeytonstoneRed07 M »

Story of O wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:59 pm Also accept life is a risk. As much chance of dying from something other than Covid
Just like a vast amount of people who had 'Covid' recorded on their death certificate but actually died of another cause.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:05 pm
Avoid others
But will you admit you don't care about others? That you are not willing to wear a mask to protect others?
I didn’t say any of those things. I said to take personal responsibility
LeytonstoneRed07 M
Fresh Alias

I would be interested to find out the ages of those on here who are vehemently advocating another lockdown.

Probably all OAP's, who have had the freedom to live their lives how they liked and now selfeshly expect younger generations to adhere to tyrannical lockdowns leading to likelihood of job losses, losing housing, break up of family units and increases in mental health issues.

As someone has said if you want to lock yourselves away please do and let the rest of us lead our lives as we see fit
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

George wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:15 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:05 pm

Avoid others
I didn’t say any of those things. I said to take personal responsibility
Meaning the vulnerable should just keep away from other people indefinitely?
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

LeytonstoneRed07 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:12 pm
Story of O wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:59 pm Also accept life is a risk. As much chance of dying from something other than Covid
Just like a vast amount of people who had 'Covid' recorded on their death certificate but actually died of another cause.
What is your relationship to Thor? Same old boring rhetoric.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

LeytonstoneRed07 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:36 pm I would be interested to find out the ages of those on here who are vehemently advocating another lockdown.

Probably all OAP's, who have had the freedom to live their lives how they liked and now selfeshly expect younger generations to adhere to tyrannical lockdowns leading to likelihood of job losses, losing housing, break up of family units and increases in mental health issues.

As someone has said if you want to lock yourselves away please do and let the rest of us lead our lives as we see fit
Yeah, cos that won't lead to the break up of family units at as the younger elements (whatever that age range may be) would have to totally separate themselves from the older population. No carers, no visits to older members, no outlet for social interaction at all for older people - as they couldn't risk mixing with younger people who have not been taking the same precautions as them. What a load of tosh you've written.
Jack
Fresh Alias

Post by Jack »

LeytonstoneRed07 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:36 pm I would be interested to find out the ages of those on here who are vehemently advocating another lockdown.

Whether you or I want a lockdown is irrelevant, because if the government want to re introduce one, they will do. At the present levels, there will not be another lockdown, but who knows where Covid numbers will be at Christmas or January!
Germany, I believe is about to go into another lockdown, as is The Netherlands, because of rising numbers. If those figures happen here, then lockdown will happen here too, regardless of if LeytonstoneRed wants it or not.
As for calling the last 2 lockdowns tyranical, thats ridiculous. Thousands were dying every day, the NHS couldnt cope. They wernt tyranical, they were sensible.
You throw the word tyranicl around too lightly. You want to go live in Iran, or North Korea, then you'd know what tyranny really is
LeytonstoneRed07 M
Fresh Alias

Jack wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:15 pm

Whether you or I want a lockdown is irrelevant, because if the government want to re introduce one, they will do. At the present levels, there will not be another lockdown, but who knows where Covid numbers will be at Christmas or January!
Germany, I believe is about to go into another lockdown, as is The Netherlands, because of rising numbers. If those figures happen here, then lockdown will happen here too, regardless of if LeytonstoneRed wants it or not.
As for calling the last 2 lockdowns tyranical, thats ridiculous. Thousands were dying every day, the NHS couldnt cope. They wernt tyranical, they were sensible.
You throw the word tyranicl around too lightly. You want to go live in Iran, or North Korea, then you'd know what tyranny really is
The NHS couldn't cope because 50% of bed capacity has been lost over the last 20 years coupled with a 10 million increase in population.