Are Bolton going to go bust?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Are Bolton going to go bust?

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

So they can do something.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:01 am So they can do something.
Only if club owner agrees.

That is the point. They have no legal power to Interfere with ownership of club. That is governed by Company Law which is legislation by Parliament, not by the FA or EFL or PL

The authorities are toothless if someone refuses to co operate unless they want to force a club out of existence...

Back to question Orient back in EFL or AFC Orient in Essex Senior League?
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

No, nothing to do with the club owner. They can determine who is fit to own a club in their competition. If an incoming owner doesn't pass their test, the club isn't allowed to play in their competition.

What is so difficult to get about this? See the point Adz has made above re owning multiple clubs. They can stop this, if they want to.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

spen666 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:26 am

If you're referring back to 2014, if proper tests had been carried out and Bechetti told that Orient would not be allowed to play in the EFL if he took over, he would not have paid Bazza £4 or £5 million or whatever it was. So your question, much like most of your boarding, is irrelevant.

(I'd like to think Bazza wouldn't have sold if he'd known the club would have been removed from the EFL but I'm not so sure on that one).
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:56 am
spen666 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:26 am

If you're referring back to 2014, if proper tests had been carried out and Bechetti told that Orient would not be allowed to play in the EFL if he took over, he would not have paid Bazza £4 or £5 million or whatever it was. So your question, much like most of your boarding, is irrelevant.

(I'd like to think Bazza wouldn't have sold if he'd known the club would have been removed from the EFL but I'm not so sure on that one).
You are making lots of assumptions without anything to support them

There is no reason that FB would have failed the ODT, even with the benefit of hindsight. The ODT cannot look into the future and guess how a club may in future be run. Indeed in early days FB pumped lots of money into the club.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Esteban wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:25 pm
spen666 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 1:54 pm The matter is a mess. No one likes the situations that arise but it's wrong to blame the FA/EFL etc for something they have no control over.

You could equally blame the fans of a club for allowing say FB to buy the club instead of them buying the club.

It's all nonsense & all about money.

Football clubs despite our passion and mantras are just businesses these days. They clubs play up the idea of clubs belonging to fans to keep you from changing allegiances. In reality all you are to the club is a customer.

Some clubs work a lot harder to look after their customers than others. Compare say Orient & West Ham's treatment of its customers.

One relies on its product & fleeces it's customers

The other have a product (standard of football) that is a lower quality, but works hard to make its customers feel welcome & valued.
Would you look at that....I'm in total agreement with you!

Great post.
Been reading your posts, started as a spat however you are both good thinkers and passionate in your own way, the kiss and make up from Slacker was good idea, the love in was splendid. Esteban, have thought about Disoriented, surprised you haven't crossed swords yet.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

point nine one eight wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:28 am
Esteban wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:25 pm
spen666 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 1:54 pm The matter is a mess. No one likes the situations that arise but it's wrong to blame the FA/EFL etc for something they have no control over.

You could equally blame the fans of a club for allowing say FB to buy the club instead of them buying the club.

It's all nonsense & all about money.

Football clubs despite our passion and mantras are just businesses these days. They clubs play up the idea of clubs belonging to fans to keep you from changing allegiances. In reality all you are to the club is a customer.

Some clubs work a lot harder to look after their customers than others. Compare say Orient & West Ham's treatment of its customers.

One relies on its product & fleeces it's customers

The other have a product (standard of football) that is a lower quality, but works hard to make its customers feel welcome & valued.
Would you look at that....I'm in total agreement with you!

Great post.
Been reading your posts, started as a spat however you are both good thinkers and passionate in your own way, the kiss and make up from Slacker was good idea, the love in was splendid. Esteban, have thought about Disoriented, surprised you haven't crossed swords yet.
:lol:
Not quite sure what any of this has to do with me.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

In respect to Spen's comments concerning fans being fans or customers, I personally think that lower league clubs treat the fans as "fans". The higher up the ladder you climb I'd concur that you become more of a customer than a fan. Not sure how you stop or change that behaviour.

I hope the O's stays true to its roots, always respects us as fans and continues to do so in the future. Never lose sight of where we come from.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Thor wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:34 pm In respect to Spen's comments concerning fans being fans or customers, I personally think that lower league clubs treat the fans as "fans". The higher up the ladder you climb I'd concur that you become more of a customer than a fan. Not sure how you stop or change that behaviour.

I hope the O's stays true to its roots, always respects us as fans and continues to do so in the future. Never lose sight of where we come from.
As fans, we should also remember we are customers and the power this gives us.

Clubs need our support and if we use our consumer powers when we don't like what is going on, we can pressurise clubs to change policies. The best example of that was when Cardiff fans boycotted their live FA Cup tie after owners had changed their kit to Red. The club changed it back after a successful boycott.

Consumer power is a great power we have. We can be fans as well as customers

Not that at present their is much to complain about, even if those in the West Stand are boycotting buying burgers