What have you really enjoyed about the last decade of Tory rule?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Re: What have you really enjoyed about the last decade of Tory rule?

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:00 pm
F*ck The Poor wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:38 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:27 pm

No theyrapairacunts
You have absolutely no f*cking idea what I do, nor for how long. If you dare call me uncharitable again I’ll invite you to a face to face if you have the balls and we can discuss it man to man. That comment is outrageous and wrong so in the nicest sense, go f*** yourself. I do plenty but just don’t go around boasting about it, just quietly and unselfishly get on with it. An apology is needed but of course you won’t.
You f*** yourself plenty, quietly and unselfishly? :xx
Please feel free to itemise what I do. What, you can’t. Oh well, talking out of your arse again.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

F*ck The Poor wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:09 pm
Father Ted Crilly wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:47 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:44 pm I use a food bank .

Well i did untill they stopped dealing with the one local to me . Last 3 months ive not been able to use them.
Even though every appt i go to for UC i tell them i need to be put in the food bank.

I smoke roll ups kindly provided to my sister who gets some cheap & cheerfuls in portugal when she goes.
Added to that each of my 2 sisters have done
Alternate shops for me at the supermarket what about my UC money ?

Phone bill/internet which i need to deal with the council ,
And various different people regarding my housing situation. Water rates , electric bill & council tax .

Leaves me with about £17 .00 for the month.

Ive been to half a dozen games at the O's this season as friends were not using there season tickets.
I cant even afford the bus fare so a good walk is needed.

Cant say id recommend use of a food bank.
The people who donate do put an awful lot of sh*te food in there baskets when they shop for the poor or those put in a situation through no fault of there own
Mate, I'm surprised you've got the brass neck to appear on the same thread as Sid and Maffy given their comments above. I bet you were smiling and laughing your bollocks off last time you used a foodbank?
It is those comments that actually prove my point. I have no idea about the what’s and why tuffers is in the position he is and frankly it’s none of my business. But what he has talked about is the support he gets from the council, family and friends. Which is exactly my point. As a society we too have things that we can do to help, not just moan at Governments. It’s for us to look at ourselves and decide if we could do a little more.

Not complex. Some people do their bit, others no doubt do f*** all. It’s a personal thing. Could we do more? I’m sure we all could.
Trouble is im not getting support from the council or the government.
If it wasnt for Family & 2 Friends in particular id be in the ground already.

Your point about doing something is very much valid.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

It is those comments that actually prove my point. I have no idea about the what’s and why tuffers is in the position he is and frankly it’s none of my business. But what he has talked about is the support he gets from the council, family and friends. Which is exactly my point. As a society we too have things that we can do to help, not just moan at Governments. It’s for us to look at ourselves and decide if we could do a little more.

Not complex. Some people do their bit, others no doubt do f*** all. It’s a personal thing. Could we do more? I’m sure we all could.
Well here's the problem, as I see it. We've been in the position that "As a society we too have things that we can do to help, not just moan at Governments" for the last 10 years, and it doesn't seem to be working, does it? It's not exactly going swimmingly well, is it?

The actions the Tories have taken over the last 10 years (aided and abetted by the Lib Dems) don't seem to have sorted out the "situation that they inherited" (if you really actually believe that was the intention)

Maybe the problems that people like Tuffers are suffering from can't be fixed by you, me, and Max putting our hands in our pockets voluntarily, or even refusing the third yorkshire pudding. Maybe these problems can ONLY be solved by government action - and maybe that needs a government that actually intends to solve them, rather than exacerbate them.

Remember - "Charity is a cold grey loveless thing. If a rich man wants to help the poor, he should pay his taxes gladly, not dole out money at a whim." - Clement Attlee
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:14 pm
Father Ted Crilly wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:47 pm

Mate, I'm surprised you've got the brass neck to appear on the same thread as Sid and Maffy given their comments above. I bet you were smiling and laughing your bollocks off last time you used a foodbank?

If you are not then you damn well should be. It’s a personal view I’m expressing and not to everyone’s taste but I’m a strong believer in the need, no the responsibility, for all of us to do more. Could I do more? Yes. Do I feel guilty at times? Yes, Could the Government do more? Absolutely, all colours.

I’m not one to do f*** all, then go down the route that “I pay my taxes so the Government should do it all”. They never will. We all know that. Of course they should. We al know they won’t. Not enough anyway.

We have a collective responsibility and often luck or circumstances are the difference between being able to help and needing help.

Within my family I have seen both sides. But I’m a pragmatist.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

F*ck The Poor & Fat wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:32 pm

If you are not then you damn well should be. It’s a personal view I’m expressing and not to everyone’s taste but I’m a strong believer in the need, no the responsibility, for all of us to do more. Could I do more? Yes. Do I feel guilty at times? Yes, Could the Government do more? Absolutely, all colours.

I’m not one to do f*** all, then go down the route that “I pay my taxes so the Government should do it all”. They never will. We all know that. Of course they should. We al know they won’t. Not enough anyway.

We have a collective responsibility and often luck or circumstances are the difference between being able to help and needing help.

No you're not your acunt it's as plain as the nose on your face.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

F*ck The Poor & Fat wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:32 pm

Trouble is that politics no longer believes in pragmatism
The medias onslaught on anything that isnt the highest form of Capitalism has seen to that.

Labour & the conservatives are to blame for that .
Both in government & in opposition.

Weak ooposition leads to weak government.

To have politics brought to us by those who control the media & the banking world means we need to change it all.
Otherwise there wont be food banks in 10 years time.
There will be workhouses again & half of us will be a week away from being in them.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

RedO wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:28 pm The bedroom tax was a nice touch.
Which was created and implemented by labour.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Thor wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:03 pm
No it wasn't you tit.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:05 pm
No it wasn't you tit.
Malcolm Wicks MP, the then Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, said on the 19th December 2001:

"The under-occupation pilot encourages housing benefit recipients living in under-occupied social housing to move to smaller and cheaper accommodation in order to make more efficient use of housing stock."

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 219w19.htm
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Well i did untill they stopped dealing with the one local to me . Last 3 months ive not been able to use them.
Even though every appt i go to for UC i tell them i need to be put in the food bank.

I smoke roll ups kindly provided to my sister who gets some cheap & cheerfuls in portugal when she goes.

And various different people regarding my housing situation. Water rates , electric bill & council tax .

Ive been to half a dozen games at the O's this season as friends were not using there season tickets.

The people who donate do put an awful lot of sh*te food in there baskets when they shop for the poor or those put in a situation through no fault of there own
Tuffers don’t give us, keep the faith and I truly hope and prey that things change for you for the better.

Here is an offer, if you would like to come to the next Orient game which I think is Bradford on the 14/12 I am happy to come and pick you up, buy you a ticket so you can watch the game and I’ll even buy you a pint or two. It’s not charity so please don’t think that, call it a Christmas present between orient forum identities.
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

Fcuk all this rich and poor bollocks, the main question on here, is why has Doh Nut/Mafioso morphed in FtP&F? :shock:
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:15 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:05 pm

No it wasn't you tit.
Malcolm Wicks MP, the then Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, said on the 19th December 2001:

"The under-occupation pilot encourages housing benefit recipients living in under-occupied social housing to move to smaller and cheaper accommodation in order to make more efficient use of housing stock."

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 219w19.htm
Bedroom tax replaced the story parties
unfair council tax/poll tax .
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Thor wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:19 pm

Tuffers don’t give us, keep the faith and I truly hope and prey that things change for you for the better.

Here is an offer, if you would like to come to the next Orient game which I think is Bradford on the 14/12 I am happy to come and pick you up, buy you a ticket so you can watch the game and I’ll even buy you a pint or two. It’s not charity so please don’t think that, call it a Christmas present between orient forum identities.
Don't do it Tuffers. It'll be like that bit at the end of the Godfather where they take out all the opposition....
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:19 pm

Thory boy , ill take you up on the offer another time fella .

My sleep pattern is all over the place at the minute so i cant gaurentee I'll be awake at 3 pm or 3am.
I can be awake 30 hours at a time & asleep the same so
I dont want to commit a promise lad.
( might explain some of my spillin mastikes along the way).

If you want make a donation to JE3 in my board name
instead then id be happy with that.
P.S im not planning to go anywhere just yet fella .
But everything is an option at the moment .
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Chicken Dhansak wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:19 pm Fcuk all this rich and poor bollocks, the main question on here, is why has Doh Nut/Mafioso morphed in FtP&F? :shock:
It's punishment for being acunt.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:35 pm
Chicken Dhansak wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:19 pm Fcuk all this rich and poor bollocks, the main question on here, is why has Doh Nut/Mafioso morphed in FtP&F? :shock:
It's punishment for being acunt.
Now now Max
We can all be a c*nt to someone at anytime

Let he who hasnt got a green house full of sin & all that !
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

Theresa May
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:42 am The food banks have made me feel really superior, great boost to my ego. Cheers toffs!
I thought that this was going to be a poll.
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

BoniO wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:45 pm
Chicken Dhansak wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:42 pm It impresses on me the way our high streets have almost disappeared. Up and down the whole country the high streets of Britain
were an institution in them selves. Look at most high streets now, nothing but charity shops, gastro pubs, low class eateries,
junk food outlets and foreign grocery shops. Where have the high streets of Britain gone?
Well, with a following wind, if some of the online outlets (Amazon for example) had to pay the appropriate taxes and then, as they undoubtedly would, passed this extra cost onto the consumer, then maybe our High Streets might revive a little.
Just change business rates to a local VAT (place where you order or buy from, not where Amazon lives). Then the internet companies would have no choice. Smaller outfits would be more competitive.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Still's Carenae wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:54 pm
Chicken Dhansak wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:42 pm It impresses on me the way our high streets have almost disappeared. Up and down the whole country the high streets of Britain
were an institution in them selves. Look at most high streets now, nothing but charity shops, gastro pubs, low class eateries,
junk food outlets and foreign grocery shops. Where have the high streets of Britain gone?
Well, with a following wind, if some of the online outlets (Amazon for example) had to pay the appropriate taxes and then, as they undoubtedly would, passed this extra cost onto the consumer, then maybe our High Streets might revive a little.
Just change business rates to a local VAT (place where you order or buy from, not where Amazon lives). Then the internet companies would have no choice. Smaller outfits would be more competitive.
That wouldn't work as where do you apply VAT on online sales?

Company just says it is based abroad or in area with low local vat.
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

spen666 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:53 pm

You apply to address bought from. So either the address sent to or the location of the device. As you would from a shop. Anything that does not have an address is put into a central fund and distributed to the poorer councils.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

We should boycott Luxembourg, Ireland etc. f*** em.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Tuffers, I know it’s of scant consolation but I’m really sorry to read this. Hang in there fella.

Hopefully things will start to improve in a weeks time.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Still's Carenae wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:45 pm

You apply to address bought from. So either the address sent to or the location of the device. As you would from a shop. Anything that does not have an address is put into a central fund and distributed to the poorer councils.

That is unwoŕnle.

How does retailer know where you are when you buy something?

What if I order it when on train from Newcastle to London I start order in Newcadtle, add to it in Darlington, click pay in York and get confirmation of sale as I pass through Doncaster, but goods are to be delivered to London?

If on delivery address, how does that work where I order concert tickets to be delivered by email.

Or what's to stop me getting items delivered to my mate who lives in a lower VAT zone?

As soon as you look at this idea you realise its unworkable, especially when order goes via internet and bounces off servers in multiple jurisdictions, each of which could add their own local VAT charge if you base it on location of company
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Still's Carenae wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:45 pm

Dont forget there are lots of private sellers on amazon
1 price covers the ability to.sell to all of Europe .

Do Amazon pay there VAT ?