Where are the moaners?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Where are the moaners?

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

gshaw wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:05 pm
Millennial Snowflake wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:08 pm You'd think all the teams in League 2 play under head height all game the way some of you are going on about how grateful you are to be back there.
There will be crap football and poor refs no doubt but nothing like the hack and slash we've seen for two seasons at NL level. It really has been disgraceful some of the dangerous challenges that have been flying in unpunished and seemingly encouraged at this level.
Many fans complained that you weren't allowed to make strong tackles in the EFL. Can't have it both ways.

The EFL and non-league aren't two footballing extremes where different rules apply to each.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:40 am
The EFL and non-league aren't two footballing extremes where different rules apply to each.
Sorry that's the biggest load of tosh I've read all year. NL is like a parallel universe with the thuggery that's gone on all season.

If you can't see that you either haven't been to games or been watching with your eyes shut.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

The rules are the same. The people who are supposed to implement them are of much lower quality and therefore miss a load of stuff.

I doubt theres a note to officials before the season in the NL to tell them to be lax. They are just sh*t.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Apple Wumble wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:53 pm The rules are the same. The people who are supposed to implement them are of much lower quality and therefore miss a load of stuff.

I doubt theres a note to officials before the season in the NL to tell them to be lax. They are just sh*t.
I struggle to believe any official even at park level doesn't understand a 2 footed out of control tackle is a red card. Blimey even if they watched a few L2 / L1 games on the telly they'd soon figure out what a foul looks like.

Ask yourself why teams are limited to 5 subs at NL level and you also find the answer to the refereeing issues imo. Leveling the playing field between the "haves" and "have nots" to prevent a relegated EFL side running away with the title due to their greater spending power.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

gshaw wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:44 pm
Sorry that's the biggest load of tosh I've read all year. NL is like a parallel universe with the thuggery that's gone on all season.

If you can't see that you either haven't been to games or been watching with your eyes shut.
No I just know what I'm watching, whereas you clearly don't or you're just fond of hyperbole. The NL is not that different to League 2, you're seeing more physicality because teams are more likely in the NL to employ those tactics against us as we're one of the big sides.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

That’s a fair point I hadn’t considered before.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:04 pm

No I just know what I'm watching, whereas you clearly don't or you're just fond of hyperbole. The NL is not that different to League 2, you're seeing more physicality because teams are more likely in the NL to employ those tactics against us as we're one of the big sides.
Did you see the same in L1 when we were top, nope.
In fact have I seen that at any other time before being in NL, nope

All NL comes down to is kick and rush with brute force. The refereeing ensures it stays that way. Just lucky our flair players haven't had serious injury (Dayton apart) as a result.

Couldn't disagree with you more frankly.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

gshaw wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:30 pm
Millennial Snowflake wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:04 pm

Did you see the same in L1 when we were top, nope.
In fact have I seen that at any other time before being in NL, nope

All NL comes down to is kick and rush with brute force. The refereeing ensures it stays that way. Just lucky our flair players haven't had serious injury (Dayton apart) as a result.

Couldn't disagree with you more frankly.
This.

There is NOTHING positive about the NL and NOTHING about it which resembles League 2.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Going back to the point about the refs. They must be under orders to allow what goes on, go on. I say this as they are all consistent in their approach to thuggery so they can’t all be missing it.

For the NL to improve they need to address the following.

Two teams automatically promoted and one via the play offs
7 subs and not 5
Refs implementing the laws as laid down
No plastic pitches
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Thor wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:21 am Going back to the point about the refs. They must be under orders to allow what goes on, go on. I say this as they are all consistent in their approach to thuggery so they can’t all be missing it.
:lol:

A real conspiracy theorist aren’t you.

I look forward to Lord Lucan running the line in today’s game then.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

You are crazy. The laws of the game are the laws of the game, they don’t change depending on what level you play at. Any ref employed at this level are consistent in their approach to letting the rough stuff fly so they must be under orders. At the start of each season the refs are brought together and are told to stop this, enforce that etc etc. So they must have been told to let it go cos they can’t all be blind, can they?
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

Thor wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:21 am Going back to the point about the refs. They must be under orders to allow what goes on, go on. I say this as they are all consistent in their approach to thuggery so they can’t all be missing it.

For the NL to improve they need to address the following.

Two teams automatically promoted and one via the play offs
7 subs and not 5
Refs implementing the laws as laid down
No plastic pitches
It's not the NL that only wants one automatically promoted team. They can't address that.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Back to the point, will the moaners who have slated us for everything from the way the club is run to the kit, Wembley merchandise, saying goodbye to League 2 because a score update wasn't to their liking etc be back in this thread to admit they should have engaged their limited brain before farting out that nonsense?
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Geriatric fan in East Stand approx L148 spent the whole game moaning about everything we did. Probably not happy with how we won promotion either.