Swindon

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Swindon

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Bluey called it right as far as staying away!
Forty-Niner
Fresh Alias

Post by Forty-Niner »

Some extracts from Swindon Town fan’s forum.

“Brilliant first 45 mins and we played them off the park, Orient are the 2nd poorest side we have faced IMO with only Morecambe being poorer, I expected a lot more of them today than they showed.”
“They were more worried by us than actually playing their own game.”
“ I don't think we should read too much into taking apart a side managed by Embers, welcome though it is.”
“The point raised was that winning at Orient is a signifier for winning the league.... I don't think so, given Embers is their gaffer and we know from experience he's clueless.”
No 7 Lloyd Isgrove, “Not bad for a close season trialist is he?”
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

Forty-Niner wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:00 pm Some extracts from Swindon Town fan’s forum.

“Brilliant first 45 mins and we played them off the park, Orient are the 2nd poorest side we have faced IMO with only Morecambe being poorer, I expected a lot more of them today than they showed.”
“ I don't think we should read too much into taking apart a side managed by Embers, welcome though it is.”
“The point raised was that winning at Orient is a signifier for winning the league.... I don't think so, given Embers is their gaffer and we know from experience he's clueless.”
Bang on the money.
Clueless.
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

Swindon are favourites to be Champions at 5/1
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Forty-Niner wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:00 pm Some extracts from Swindon Town fan’s forum.

Why are Swindon so negative towards Emberton?

At least he thinks Morecambe are worse than us, so there's some hope for this season.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

He was at Swindon as a coach for years. I guess they have eyes and a bit of football knowledge...
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I've never known us to be so negative towards a coach though?
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Apple Wumble wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:27 pm He was at Swindon as a coach for years. I guess they have eyes and a bit of football knowledge...
18 Months actually
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

How many people have we written off but then turned out to be OK? Quite a few. Their comments abou Ross in general need to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Their assessment of that one game. Embarrassing for us. Totally embarrassing.
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Rosss was coach when Swindon got relegated into div 2
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

aylesburyos wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:56 pm Rosss was coach when Swindon got relegated into div 2
Look at the list of managers of relegated clubs. It happens. Every season in fact.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

Swindon perfectly exploited the 3 at the back, dominated the 1st half and went in 3 up.
Obviously Swindon may have eased off in the second half but once Orient went to a back 4 the game was a lot more even, they scored 1 and a good save from the header stopped a second.

Moral of the story??
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Mm they hit the bar and had one ruled out for offside so could of been 5-2
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

Ornchurch wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:15 pm Swindon perfectly exploited the 3 at the back, dominated the 1st half and went in 3 up.
Obviously Swindon may have eased off in the second half but once Orient went to a back 4 the game was a lot more even, they scored 1 and a good save from the header stopped a second.

Moral of the story??
Swindon shouldn’t have taken their foot off the pedal
Andersonitis
Fresh Alias

Post by Andersonitis »

End of last season we all agreed we'd be content with mid table,
So a day like saturday is part of the mid table experience,
I feel that no Jobi, Clay, Sam, Coulson, Joe & Marvin adjusting to this this higher league are a factor,
On paper we're not a bad team, However I believe that the team can challenge for the play offs,
But not under the current stewardship.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Andersonitis wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:41 pm End of last season we all agreed we'd be content with mid table,
So a day like saturday is part of the mid table experience,
I feel that no Jobi, Clay, Sam, Coulson, Joe & Marvin adjusting to this this higher league are a factor,
On paper we're not a bad team, However I believe that the team can challenge for the play offs,
But not under the current stewardship.
Can i have a pint of what youve been supping 🤔
Andersonitis
Fresh Alias

Post by Andersonitis »

So you reckon the players are no good but the management is fine ?
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Andersonitis wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:01 pm So you reckon the players are no good but the management is fine ?
I don't think either the team or the management are good enough ,
halfway finish at tops in my opinion .
The Orient Hour
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Orient Hour »

Some comments from our so called fans toward Ross are disgraceful and some of you should feel ashamed of yourselves.
He was our coach who helped Justin get us back into the league, he's a fan, he's coached for 20 years, he's coached promotion winning and relegation bound teams. He has taken the post under the most awful of circumstances. He has and will make mistakes, as he literally learns on the job. All of us owe him and his coaching staff our patience and understanding during a difficult transitional period.
Between Ross, Danny and Jobi you are looking at over 60 years playing and coaching experience in football, the one element not there at the moment is experience at management. The only way any of them can gain that is to be afforded the opportunity to manage. Now get off of his back, rally behind Ross and the team, if in a few months it really isn't working out then I am sure a reorganisation would take place. But let's hope these 3 will turn into a great management team, its at times like this that we are needed to support the club, not demand sackings by mid September. Behave yourselves.
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

Did the club tell you to write that? Or are you trying to get back in the good books.

Seems like a massive overreaction.

Aside from the obvious WUMs I don't really see any disrespectful opinions.

Sure there are people calling for a change which I don't agree with at this moment but arguably the club have brought it on themselves by only making him interim.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

BIGRON wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:22 pm
Andersonitis wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:01 pm So you reckon the players are no good but the management is fine ?
I don't think either the team or the management are good enough ,
halfway finish at tops in my opinion .
I would be happy with that finish but I would be even happier if we could bring in a half decent experienced manager
The Orient Hour
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Orient Hour »

eagwgw wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:51 pm Did the club tell you to write that? Or are you trying to get back in the good books.

Seems like a massive overreaction.

Aside from the obvious WUMs I don't really see any disrespectful opinions.

Sure there are people calling for a change which I don't agree with at this moment but arguably the club have brought it on themselves by only making him interim.
Of course nobody told me to write it. Don't need to be in anyones good books, except the wife's, obviously!
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Andy Gilson wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:33 pm Some comments from our so called fans toward Ross are disgraceful and some of you should feel ashamed of yourselves.
He was our coach who helped Justin get us back into the league, he's a fan, he's coached for 20 years, he's coached promotion winning and relegation bound teams. He has taken the post under the most awful of circumstances. He has and will make mistakes, as he literally learns on the job. All of us owe him and his coaching staff our patience and understanding during a difficult transitional period.
Between Ross, Danny and Jobi you are looking at over 60 years playing and coaching experience in football, the one element not there at the moment is experience at management. The only way any of them can gain that is to be afforded the opportunity to manage. Now get off of his back, rally behind Ross and the team, if in a few months it really isn't working out then I am sure a reorganisation would take place. But let's hope these 3 will turn into a great management team, its at times like this that we are needed to support the club, not demand sackings by mid September. Behave yourselves.
We all know the history.

But the Owners were free to choose the way forward, they chose Ross. Ross was free to accept or not. He chose to accept. Difficult as it was people have made their choices and must be judged on those choices. That’s life, as you know well enough.

Therefore people are free to voice their opinions on the choices made.

As for all this 60:years of experience stuff. Sure that helps but people in football get judged on their present performances and what they did 20:years ago counts for little. What matters is not all this past history but the confidence they instill over the current season.

There is also a massive difference between being second in command and the top dog. It’s a leap some people may not be able to make. And that includes the ability to cope with criticism which is part and parcel of being the boss. If he can’t handle that he is in the wrong job.

In some ways Ross is fortunate. Not in the way he got the job of course but the fact that he will probably get far more latitude results wise and less likely to get booted out following a poor run. He will get time, a whole season probably, baring him resigning or us at risk of relegation. More latitude than Davis for example, because of the situation.

He will succeed or fail based on results over a season. If we hit relegation fodder then he will be replaced. Relegation wipes out all of Justins legacy and cannot be allowed to,happen. But that is unlikely. We don’t have a regelation squad, mid table at least, which satisfies most I’m sure.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Andy Gilson wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:33 pm Some comments from our so called fans toward Ross are disgraceful and some of you should feel ashamed of yourselves.
I’m not sure anybody has mentioned sackings. Coaching staff would revert back to their original rolls if we hired a new manager . Nobody would get sacked nor should they be.
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andersonitis
Fresh Alias

Post by Andersonitis »

I haven't been malicious about Ross, but we waited 12 games in 2017 to make a decision about Steve Davis, that was a mistake & should have been far sooner to terminate his contract, football fans expect results & we love Ross, we know his worth as an assistant manager, he was the best in the business last year & he should assist whoever comes in next but ..