RW seriously pi55ed off

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Re: RW seriously pi55ed off

Post by Hoover Attack »

DrWindy wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:14 am From what I understand DV is part of the club. If RW isn’t allowed to answer honestly then the question shouldn’t be asked. I believe the culture NT and Co encourage is one of honesty and hard work. Nothing wrong here.
Nigel’s middle name is pushback. I’m sure he encourages this transparency.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

I support Richie all day long, and he's right. Everything he said was right.

Ling needs a squib up his backside. Every window is the same, You have 31 days to do business, why do it on the last day, and in the last 10 mins?

I personally would love to know why we didnt get either of the experienced strikers we were after. Doubt we ever will know though
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

I’m no fan of Ling but he’s not the one that controls the purse strings, the board are. Again the reason they don’t get players in early is because they save on wages. It’s as simple as that. Wellens has been here long enough to know that. Admittedly I haven’t seen the interview, but what I’ve been reading is strange, is he playing a game to keep the supporters on side or is he pressuring the board in some way???
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:53 am I’m no fan of Ling but he’s not the one that controls the purse strings, the board are. Again the reason they don’t get players in early is because they save on wages. It’s as simple as that. Wellens has been here long enough to know that. Admittedly I haven’t seen the interview, but what I’ve been reading is strange, is he playing a game to keep the supporters on side or is he pressuring the board in some way???
And beyond the board ffp creates a limit on them.

Watch it, it's not half as bad as some are making out.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Adz wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:11 am
Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:53 am I’m no fan of Ling but he’s not the one that controls the purse strings, the board are. Again the reason they don’t get players in early is because they save on wages. It’s as simple as that. Wellens has been here long enough to know that. Admittedly I haven’t seen the interview, but what I’ve been reading is strange, is he playing a game to keep the supporters on side or is he pressuring the board in some way???

Sorry Adz haven’t got access to the stream 🤷‍♀️
The Voice of Reason
Fresh Alias

Post by The Voice of Reason »

Lifelongfan wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:10 pm Richie & Ling have gone out for dinner tonight (Dishoom Covent Garden). Drama over. Richie paid
I don't know if the drama is over yet. The reality is that the club probably can't afford to get promoted to the Championship. The economics of the Championship is the madhouse, nearly all the clubs are losing £15 million plus pa and most of them are paying over 100% of their revenue on wages. If you go the way of say Rotherham, Peterborough and Blackpool and have minimal losses, say £5-10 million pa then you will likely become a yoyo club. Meanwhile clubs relegated from the Premier league are getting £35 million plus pa, so it is virtually impossible to compete, although Luton managed it. I don't know if the owners have considered the options for promotion, but the bottom line is can they take a £5-10 million hit every year. Personally I think that they were looking to consolidation for 2,3 or 4 years, meanwhile Ritchie is looking up, up, up. You could see he was unhappy from the start of that interview, but all will be revealed, k sera sera.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

Razzmachaz wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:35 pm I think at this stage Richie would do well to button it. We are not doing a Carlisle and bottom after winning promotion and a big reason for that is the manager has been given a healthy budget and backed. We lost Agyei in pre season who was a big signing and then fetched in Jordan Graham another big signing. Not really Ling's fault both are currently injured. He's lost Drinnan who has done nothing of note for a long time and Turns who was becoming a bench warmer. He's gained two forwards who are out to prove themselves. No need for his comments and unsettling the ship when it is heading in the right direction.
The trouble is RW is very ambitious. If he sees a chance of making the play offs then he wants to go for it. Signing 2 forwards with no loan experience is not his idea of achieving that. I don’t believe Orients ambitions are the same as his. Perhaps he now feels he knows he is a good manager and Orient have not got the resources to go much further. I am sure although he loves the way he has been treated by the club deep down he loved to be with a club like Bolton or Barnsley where they have resources to go right to the top. Orient know their limitations with how much money they can spend particularly as they lost £3.9 m last year. I think Orient and RWare at the crossroads with their relationship and he will move on
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

The Voice of Reason wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:06 am
Lifelongfan wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:10 pm Richie & Ling have gone out for dinner tonight (Dishoom Covent Garden). Drama over. Richie paid
I don't know if the drama is over yet. The reality is that the club probably can't afford to get promoted to the Championship. The economics of the Championship is the madhouse, nearly all the clubs are losing £15 million plus pa and most of them are paying over 100% of their revenue on wages. If you go the way of say Rotherham, Peterborough and Blackpool and have minimal losses, say £5-10 million pa then you will likely become a yoyo club. Meanwhile clubs relegated from the Premier league are getting £35 million plus pa, so it is virtually impossible to compete, although Luton managed it. I don't know if the owners have considered the options for promotion, but the bottom line is can they take a £5-10 million hit every year. Personally I think that they were looking to consolidation for 2,3 or 4 years, meanwhile Ritchie is looking up, up, up. You could see he was unhappy from the start of that interview, but all will be revealed, k sera sera.
Totally agree
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

Adz wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:11 am

Absolutely, the fuss on here doesn’t match his interview. More relevant is the fact that we’re going for the playoffs.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Orient Punxx wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:28 am [quote=Adz post_id=367234 time=<a href="tel:1707009111">1707009111</a> user_id=206]
[quote="Monkey Boy" post_id=367232 time=<a href="tel:1707007991">1707007991</a> user_id=1237]
I’m no fan of Ling but he’s not the one that controls the purse strings, the board are. Again the reason they don’t get players in early is because they save on wages. It’s as simple as that. Wellens has been here long enough to know that. Admittedly I haven’t seen the interview, but what I’ve been reading is strange, is he playing a game to keep the supporters on side or is he pressuring the board in some way???

[/quote]

Absolutely, the fuss on here doesn’t match his interview. More relevant is the fact that we’re going for the playoffs.
[/quote] ;)

This,

Some hysterical reactions on here to a typically abrasive Wellens interview, he knew that the budget was just about gone when he did last weeks interview not sure Drinan and Thompson leaving would free up as much as people think as there would have been a contract settlement on our side for the remaining months on their contracts. For those players to go.both moved on late in the window so it doesn’t give much chance to get the players ideally you want in the time left.

The notion we sign players ‘late” in the window to save wages is rubbish. Most of our summer business was done long before the deadline closed and a lot of it early in the summer but we were forced to recruit a couple late on because of injuries. People have short/selective memories. Ling said we tried for one senior and one young striker but the senior striker fell through and that could have been for 101 different reasons. If it was McKirdy I believe he still has a home in Swindon so I’m sure that was a factor.
georgeleyo
Fresh Alias

Post by georgeleyo »

Signing inexperience players, Forde hasn’t done too bad
And the reason he has got the hump is because he missed out on Kellman.
Highwood Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Highwood Man »

He says at one point that he would have liked to get the lad from Arsenal on but didn't have the chance to do so. That seems strange as surely he could have brought him on instead of Pigott. We were 3-1 up against the bottom of the table side and comfortably in control. Surely that would have been the perfect time to bring him on. And, let's be honest, he couldn't possibly have done any worse than Pigott who had a total nightmare in the few minutes he was on the pitch.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

georgeleyo wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:29 am Signing inexperience players, Forde hasn’t done too bad
Forde has taken 3-4 months to get up to speed.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Highwood Man wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:00 am He says at one point that he would have liked to get the lad from Arsenal on but didn't have the chance to do so. That seems strange as surely he could have brought him on instead of Pigott. We were 3-1 up against the bottom of the table side and comfortably in control. Surely that would have been the perfect time to bring him on. And, let's be honest, he couldn't possibly have done any worse than Pigott who had a total nightmare in the few minutes he was on the pitch.
If it had been 4-1, sure. But it wasn’t as shown by us only just scraping over the line.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Not sure what’s worse - those making out Richie is furious and going to walk, or those angry at him for his honesty.

He feels let down by how the transfer window played out. Probably more importantly, he feels let down by the club messaging we’re not up for a playoff push.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

I know it's from last year, but IMO this is an interesting read (if you've got the time) in the context of his post-match interview. Note the comment in the last paragraph "we need to recruit well".

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/june/rich ... h-success/
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

EliotNes wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:13 am I know it's from last year, but IMO this is an interesting read (if you've got the time) in the context of his post-match interview. Note the comment in the last paragraph "we need to recruit well".

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/june/rich ... h-success/
“Anyone that knows me and anyone that has worked with me knows that I have certain principles and they are: if a player isn’t training to my level of intensity, if a player isn’t buying into the environment we want to create and if they don’t want to go forward and improve to play in the division above, then I’m not having it.

“They are my standards and that’s what I demand of my players. I’m a winner and I wanted to change the mindset of the players to also be winners because it’s what they should be.”

Must be frustrating trying to install that into the club on a daily basis then have those above come out and say what they’ve said.
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:12 am Not sure what’s worse - those making out Richie is furious and going to walk, or those angry at him for his honesty.

He feels let down by how the transfer window played out. Probably more importantly, he feels let down by the club messaging we’re not up for a playoff push.
I said he was pi55ed off/hacked off, not ‘furious’ and I stand by that.
You can’t listed to that interview and say RW is a happy bunny.
Re his honesty’ , I’m sure Lingy would have something to say about that, two sides to every story.
But I think the main issue here is RW feels he’s not been supported by the club in this transfer window. His thinly veiled comments suggesting that Leyton Orient are content with mid table are a cause for concern.
The wider picture is has RW’s ambitions outstripped those of Leyton Orient, in which case I don’t expect RW to be here next season.
The interview was very revealing, but whether RW should have aired his ‘honesty’ is another matter.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:04 am
georgeleyo wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:29 am Signing inexperience players, Forde hasn’t done too bad
Absolute bollocks
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

No he hasn't. I think you're only saying this because you doubted him from the beginning. He looked good 'striker' potential when he first knocked that goal in at the Windsor Road end several months ago.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Long slender neck wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:40 am
Absolute bollocks
Very insightful. :D

Khayon and Dan Adjei the second are highly unlikely to hit the ground running.

Richie explains in the interview.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:45 am
No he hasn't. I think you're only saying this because you doubted him from the beginning. He looked good 'striker' potential when he first knocked that goal in at the Windsor Road end several months ago.
Absolute bollocks
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:05 am
Highwood Man wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:00 am He says at one point that he would have liked to get the lad from Arsenal on but didn't have the chance to do so. That seems strange as surely he could have brought him on instead of Pigott. We were 3-1 up against the bottom of the table side and comfortably in control. Surely that would have been the perfect time to bring him on. And, let's be honest, he couldn't possibly have done any worse than Pigott who had a total nightmare in the few minutes he was on the pitch.
If it had been 4-1, sure. But it wasn’t as shown by us only just scraping over the line.
I don’t think so,sending on the arsenal lad instead of Pigot would have sent a clear message saying “ I don’t think he’s good enough “ and that would have had consequences in the squad imo. Pigot is on a full time contract and basically it would have been an insult,plus it would have affected his confidence even more. Incidentally when Pigot started the season in his first few games he looked ok but as I said before I don’t think this formation suits him?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

He'll be the only one upset we didnt get Kelman.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:48 am
Chief crazy horse wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:45 am

Absolute bollocks
I wouldn’t have put it quite like tha LSN but your right,at the beginning of the season our players looked like rabbits in headlights for the first half dozen games, but now there all getting to grips with the division especially the younger ones.
Last edited by Monkey Boy on Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.