Do we Play to win ?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Do we Play to win ?

Post by Monkey Boy »

The general consensus amongst my spuds mates is that there happy with the style of football there now playing,they realise there not going to win the league but are playing more entertaining football, the question is and that many. are debating is are we really happy with our style?
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Hoover Attack wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:08 am This is tuffers, isn't it? I'm f*cking arguing on the internet with that clown tuffers again, aren't I?
No you aren't .
You are discussing LOFC with Joe & others.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:29 am
Hoover Attack wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:08 am This is tuffers, isn't it? I'm f*cking arguing on the internet with that clown tuffers again, aren't I?
Of course it is, he’s also Soloman and probably one or two others, tuffers just doesn’t disappear over night not someone like him or her maybe who knows? this is there thrill in life they enjoy it, easy to set up an email address, my guess he has a few. Probably argues with himself to start the ball rolling. Tuffers got band around August and look when Joe appeared. Cleaver setting up several accounts knowing that will happen at some point.wonder if all the genuine people were to foe the undesirables on here you would soon know who he or they were.
I'm Just Joe
I am not Soloman or tuffers or anyone else you care to mention. Keep making accusations you can't back up. Ask the moderators if Solomon or tuffers are the same
person as me .
Last edited by Tuffers#2 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Joe315 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:51 am
No you aren't .
Re my post on page 3 of this topic. There’s your answer
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:54 am
Joe315 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:51 am
No you aren't .
Re my post on page 3 of this topic. There’s your answer
Again No proof .
No confirmation from Moderators .
Just abusive Bullying tactics of a persons character.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Hoover Attack wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:34 am
Long slender neck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:25 am Are we knocking Spurs, who are 5th without Kane (and were recently higher before injuries) ?
Not at all. They're an absolute joy to watch (as a neutral) with their kamikazee possession based football and ridiculously high defensive line.

But the suggestion that Richie's 'tippy tappy' game is 'a bit too much' and we should try and play more like them is either a wind up, or moronic. I'm trying to decipher which.
I stated that there were 2 styles of possesion based games on show . 2 different types of possesion games.
Both different to Liverpools & also different to Arsenal's & Aston Villas .

You do realise That you can play a different way whilst holding possesion of the Football.

If our players are struggling to win games playing our possesion based Football, find a different variation of Tippy Tappy that suits & helps us win a little more frequently.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Joe315 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:21 am
Mistadobalina wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:17 am
Joe315 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:50 am

He doesn't get it Chief CH.

2 types of Tippy Tappy (possesion football) was
played & on show at the Etihad on Sunday .
Man city's world beating slickness &
The pure thrust of Ange Postecoglus
Tottenham who were undeniably under pressure from the Favourites . Yet managed to muster a belief
In what the goal is . We'll defend & keep ball when we have to , but when opportunity presents me explode all
guns blazing . Winning mentality football .
Ah, it's a wind up. There you go.
No wind up.
Teams play Possesion football, some play It well some don't. We played it well last season. This season we aren't. It's pretty simple really. Last season it worked as we had the best squad in the league. This season it isn't as we don't.

So find another style of possesion based that allows us to benefit the 11 on the pitch, be it allow them to make decisions instead of micro managing etc.
We need to play with a bit more urgency and pace, and when we get in the opposition half be a bit more brave and cut out the passing backwards and sideways
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Joe315 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:05 pm
Long slender neck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:25 am Are we knocking Spurs, who are 5th without Kane (and were recently higher before injuries) ?
Not at all. They're an absolute joy to watch (as a neutral) with their kamikazee possession based football and ridiculously high defensive line.

But the suggestion that Richie's 'tippy tappy' game is 'a bit too much' and we should try and play more like them is either a wind up, or moronic. I'm trying to decipher which.
I stated that there were 2 styles of possesion based games on show . 2 different types of possesion games.

You do realise That you can play a different way whilst holding possesion of the Football.

If our players are struggling to win games playing our possesion based Football, find a different variation of Tippy Tappy that suits & helps us win a little more frequently.
Can you please clarify the different ways there are of playing possession football? :lol:
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Long slender neck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:36 am Why?

Passing it sideways indefintely is moronic.
You realise that the instruction isn't to pass the ball sideways indefinitely, right?

We're only doing that because we have to in order to retain the ball. There is no forward pass on. That's why we recycle. (The reasons for that are what needs to be discussed).
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Yes. Its because RW doesnt field players with any creativity.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Stan1972 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:16 pm We are a team very low on confidence
We are a team with no creativity
We are a team missing key players in key attacking areas of the pitch, wings and no No.9 or No.10.
I know it’s 😴😴💤💤💤💤💤
But that’s the facts!

Ruel is our only forward goal threat, and to be fair he has done well this season but Piggot has been poor, Shaq is not the answer, more of an impact player from bench to grab a goal.
Drinan is Drinan and is def not the answer.

If you look at our squad of players and starting 11 every match can you honestly pick someone who will score?

When you have wingers, you can play out from the back from the GK, and can beat the press with one touch passing from the back and set up attacks by getting the ball to your wide creative players.

Even with Graham & Theo, we still pinged in crosses, and still struggled to score, but at least we had an attacking threat.

With no width in the team and no creativity, we can’t do this.
El Miz can pick up the ball and run with ball, but his only option is get the ball wide to Theo, but guess what, opposition know that and can nullify that threat.

Only option after Theo is play the ball to Piggot to hold up and play in runners, but the problem is we don’t have runners from midfield and Piggot loses the ball too easy, as he will never get the ball down and beat defenders, so we are fooked going forward.

All the above means when we conced a goal, it heaps pressure on the defenders, one mistake, one goal, means we will get beat or at best get a draw.

So in my opinion we play to avoid defeat not to win!
Spot on Stan .
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

We don't get any overloads at the moment, which is something we were really good at last season. I think a lot of that is to do with Moncur not being there anymore to carry the ball into the final third to create those situations, and not having any wingers cutting into to create space down the wing for others to exploit.

The fact that no no.9s have been prolific under Wellens suggests that it's a feature not a bug of his system. He wants guys who are quick with their feet, able to exchange the ball quickly and mobile to make the front line more fluid, which is why he loved Kelman despite him being otherwise average. Piggot is technically quite nifty but otherwise doesn't fit our profile at all.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Hoover Attack wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:59 pm

Can you please clarify the different ways there are of playing possession football? :lol:
Of course, The ones that Win lots of games & the ones that don't. Hope that enlightens your path. :lol:
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Story of O wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:51 pm
Mistadobalina wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:17 am

Ah, it's a wind up. There you go.
No wind up.
Teams play Possesion football, some play It well some don't. We played it well last season. This season we aren't. It's pretty simple really. Last season it worked as we had the best squad in the league. This season it isn't as we don't.

So find another style of possesion based that allows us to benefit the 11 on the pitch, be it allow them to make decisions instead of micro managing etc.
We need to play with a bit more urgency and pace, and when we get in the opposition half be a bit more brave and cut out the passing backwards and sideways
Of course, like myself and Tuf.. er sorry Joe have more or less been saying. Get it in the box quicker, take more chances from time to time, get it in amongst the arms and legs and you might get a lucky deflection. And defenders also make mistakes, and that is where the Shaq attack will thrive !
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Joe315 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:18 pm

Of course, The ones that Win lots of games & the ones that don't. Hope that enlightens your path. :lol:
You still on a wind up tuffers? Blimey now the penny has dropped they all know😂
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Mistadobalina wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:16 pm We don't get any overloads at the moment, which is something we were really good at last season. I think a lot of that is to do with Moncur not being there anymore to carry the ball into the final third to create those situations, and not having any wingers cutting into to create space down the wing for others to exploit.
I don't think you can pin it on Moncur. Last season we didn't even have to get overloads. We just had to get Smyth one on one rather than being doubled up on, then we were in.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:08 pm
Joe315 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:18 pm

You still on a wind up tuffers? Blimey now the penny has dropped they all know😂
Yet another allegation
Still nothing from the mods to say I am
Nothing more than Joe315.
You must be hating that
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:01 pm

No wind up.

Of course, like myself and Tuf.. er sorry Joe have more or less been saying. Get it in the box quicker, take more chances from time to time, get it in amongst the arms and legs and you might get a lucky deflection. And defenders also make mistakes, and that is where the Shaq attack will thrive !
I am Joe
Not anyone else.
👍
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Joe315 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:18 pm
I am Joe
Not anyone else.
👍
I’m intrigued, who are you going to be tomorrow? Soloman, Joe, Dame Edna Everage or back to tuffers????
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:33 pm

I am Joe
Not anyone else.
👍
I’m intrigued, who are you going to be tomorrow? Soloman, Joe, Dame Edna Everage or back to tuffers????
Reported. Just Bully boy tactics now
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

I am Joe
Not anyone else.
👍
..just lightening up the mood. ;)
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:39 pm

I am Joe
Not anyone else.
👍
..just lightening up the mood. ;)
Lightening what mood ? Me being accused of being someone I'm not.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Considering ol' 160 often told us he had multiple personalities, would 'Joe' even know if he was Tuffers?
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Long slender neck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:47 pm Considering ol' 160 often told us he had multiple personalities, would 'Joe' even know if he was Tuffers?
His devices would be different wouldnt they, arent you able to detect this stuff ? By the way I Reported you for bullying.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Long slender neck wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:47 pm Considering ol' 160 often told us he had multiple personalities, would 'Joe' even know if he was Tuffers?
😂😂😂😂