ABANDONED GAME

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

North Stand Dave
Fresh Alias

Re: ABANDONED GAME

Post by North Stand Dave »

MaxBGold why would the club tell supporters tell the supporters to hold on to their tickets as they wouldn't of known that someone's dad, grandad, husband would sadly be having a heart attack at the game.
Show some compassion,sensitivity to the situation.
I don't give a monkeys about who has to pay what & I'm sure the club isn't thinking about this either.
If your that hard up I'll give you £20 to get into the reply if it makes you feel better.
What kind of poxy discussion is this when someone's family member has died?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:16 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:43 pm
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:39 pm It ain’t being played again is it? So this argument is stupid.
Exactly . There’s people on here who could start an argument in an empty room.
No there isn't.
Your one of them .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

According to this afternoon’s programme we’re only on 11pts , not 14 so I don’t know what’s happening.
POSHO
Fresh Alias

Post by POSHO »

Yep, matches the efl league 1 table. Either it's going to be replayed or no decision yet. It would appear as though both clubs have to agree on the outcome. Difficult. I wonder whether it will be left to next year when both clubs have a better idea what position they are in
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

North Stand Dave wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:02 am MaxBGold why would the club tell supporters tell the supporters to hold on to their tickets as they wouldn't of known that someone's dad, grandad, husband would sadly be having a heart attack at the game.
Show some compassion,sensitivity to the situation.
I don't give a monkeys about who has to pay what & I'm sure the club isn't thinking about this either.
If your that hard up I'll give you £20 to get into the reply if it makes you feel better.
What kind of poxy discussion is this when someone's family member has died?
The dangers of alcoboardin'
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

I had a bet on 4 teams in our division on Tuesday , 3 won and the O'S was my 4th selection , a win would have pocketed me £218 and a void bet on the O'S gives me about £130 , I just hope the bookies settle it one way of another before I get home from my hols next Friday 🤔
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

We have been moved back to 14 points on the BBC website.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Beradogs wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:16 pm We have been moved back to 14 points on the BBC website.
This is getting irritating . We were in 9th position with 17 points and now we've dropped down to 16th on 14 points . So because the last 6 minutes of the Lincoln game wasn't played due to a medical emergency we're going to be playing the whole game again ?
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Probably.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Beradogs wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:33 pmProbably.
To be honest its a bit pathetic
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

We're talking Leyton Orient here , we could have quite easily conceded 2 goals if the game had run its course ☹️🤔
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

BIGRON wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:42 pm We're talking Leyton Orient here , we could have quite easily conceded 2 goals if the game had run its course ☹️🤔
Well, I can't really argue with that after what happened in the Colchester game last season.
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

RW: "I have no idea what will happen. We will leave it to the EFL".
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

Game should be replayed, and restarted on 92mins with the remainder of the game played out (not sure how many mins?)
EFL should cover all travel expenses for Lincoln.
No fans.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Stan1972 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:16 pm Game should be replayed, and restarted on 92mins with the remainder of the game played out (not sure how many mins?)
EFL should cover all travel expenses for Lincoln.
No fans.
So the EFL will force Lincoln back to Orient for what would be less than a ten minute game .That would be bizarre but the EFL have no class so that wouldn't surprise me . in my opinion because there was only six minutes left and sadly somebody lost their life the result should be allowed to stand . Personally if everything was reversed and this happened at Lincoln I would want us just accept the result and move on but I know its down to the EFL
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Someone at the EFL needs to make a decision regarding this ASAP, why is it taking so long……..
We don’t know for sure what our league position is………totally bizarre
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

If the game is replayed (either all of it or the c.10 mins that were left) I’d be extremely surprised if it wasn’t behind closed doors. The hassle of arranging everything that is required to host supporters (e.g. security, catering staff etc.) for a match which almost certainly would have to be played midweek would not be worth it. There’s also the fact that if the game is replayed midweek it would be unfair to make Lincoln travel in the evening so it could be a 7:45pm kick off.

Makes most sense to replay mid-week, mid-afternoon and behind closed doors.

Get the game done and move on.

I see no reason why Lincoln should accept a defeat for a game which was far from over (it was 1-0 with plenty of time left to score) that was abandoned for something that was completely out of their control.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:31 pm
Beradogs wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:16 pm We have been moved back to 14 points on the BBC website.
This is getting irritating . We were in 9th position with 17 points and now we've dropped down to 16th on 14 points . So because the last 6 minutes of the Lincoln game wasn't played due to a medical emergency we're going to be playing the whole game again ?
BBC table still us 9th. sky doesnt
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

The Reverend wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:20 pm If the game is replayed (either all of it or the c.10 mins that were left) I’d be extremely surprised if it wasn’t behind closed doors. The hassle of arranging everything that is required to host supporters (e.g. security, catering staff etc.) for a match which almost certainly would have to be played midweek would not be worth it. There’s also the fact that if the game is replayed midweek it would be unfair to make Lincoln travel in the evening so it could be a 7:45pm kick off.

I see no reason why Lincoln should accept a defeat for a game which was far from over (it was 1-0 with plenty of time left to score) that was abandoned for something that was completely out of their control.
Because of one word ' Integrity " Only six minutes to play and somebody lost their life . If it happened in reverse at Lincoln to a Lincoln supporter I would like to think we would accept the result and move on . I feel our clubs integrity is worth far more than 1 or 3 points
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:31 pm
The Reverend wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:20 pm If the game is replayed (either all of it or the c.10 mins that were left) I’d be extremely surprised if it wasn’t behind closed doors. The hassle of arranging everything that is required to host supporters (e.g. security, catering staff etc.) for a match which almost certainly would have to be played midweek would not be worth it. There’s also the fact that if the game is replayed midweek it would be unfair to make Lincoln travel in the evening so it could be a 7:45pm kick off.

Because of one word ' Integrity " Only six minutes to play and somebody lost their life . If it happened in reverse at Lincoln to a Lincoln supporter I would like to think we would accept the result and move on . I feel our clubs integrity is worth far more than 1 or 3 points
This is the 3rd abandoment of a game Lincoln have been Involved in due to death. David Longhurst death York city, Bradford fire & tuesday. One game was never replayed , the other was.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Joe315 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:58 pm

This is the 3rd abandoment of a game Lincoln have been Involved in due to death. David Longhurst death York city, Bradford fire & tuesday. One game was never replayed , the other was.
Like Richie said it's down to what the EFL decide . I wonder how much more time they need to make a decision
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:08 pm
Joe315 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:58 pm

Like Richie said it's down to what the EFL decide . I wonder how much more time they need to make a decision
As long as it takes.
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

I am sure EFL know they have to make a decision before ours and Lincoln’s next League games on 14/10.
So we wait for announcement this week.
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by ContrifibulatoryFred »

It’s a no brainier
The game was abandoned and ought to be replayed.
If it was stopped due to a downpour or lightning etc we would have had to suck it up.

That’s the only fair outcome.
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

Will be replayed of course. Will be played for the first 85 mins aka the “Gillingham v Orient” with Piggott getting an early sublime tap in sometime in the first half. 75 min to 85 mins will involve the players warming up pending the 85th minute mark. Then game on.