Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Long slender neck »

Thats quite reasonable, for you.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

More ridiculous travel restrictions now. Tests before you leave and again when you arrive for a variant that is already here and has no evidence that it’s more dangerous than what we currently have. It will kill the travel industry and is based on absolutely nothing.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Do you think importing people infected with covid is a good idea then?
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:17 pm Do you think importing people infected with covid is a good idea then?
If it is as virulent as we have been told then it will already be firmly established. We are destroying a travel industry again with no evidence that this will prevent this new crap variant.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

We are not preventing a variant that is already here from spreading in the UK because we have no restrictions.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:17 pm Do you think importing people infected with covid is a good idea then?
In addition to this , we already have been importing people with COVID. A week ago there were no restrictions for travel
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Seems like a sensible move to keep cases as low as possible, the more time we buy, the more people get vaccinated, will result in fewer deaths.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

George wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:34 pm We are not preventing a variant that is already here from spreading in the UK because we have no restrictions.
Not true
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

:|
George wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:32 pm
If it is as virulent as we have been told then it will already be firmly established. We are destroying a travel industry again with no evidence that this will prevent this new crap variant.
Weird that you were dogmatic in your view that we should have stopped people coming from India with the delta variant but are now spokesperson for TUI.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

George wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:34 pm We are not preventing a variant that is already here from spreading in the UK because we have no restrictions.
Now you want restrictions?
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:54 pm
Not true
Please tell me how we are preventing the spread of this variant that is already here. Please don’t tell me masks in shops , many that are not enforcing this .
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:55 pm :|
George wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:32 pm
Weird that you were dogmatic in your view that we should have stopped people coming from India with the delta variant but are now spokesperson for TUI.
I was adamant that travel from India should have been stopped when we were locked down and unable to see our family. It’s a completely different situation. Most of the UK had not been vaccinated. Keep up
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:55 pm
I either want full restrictions or no restrictions. These are half hearted measures that will make no difference. If you are happy with the current policy then fine. The new variant is here. It appears to be at least as transmissible as the Indian variant and we know how that went. Crippling the travel industry again will be devastating
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

George wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:02 pm
Not true
Please tell me how we are preventing the spread of this variant that is already here. Please don’t tell me masks in shops , many that are not enforcing this .
Your statement that we have no restrictions isn’t true. In fact, it’s a blatant lie. Keep up.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

George wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:09 pm
I either want full restrictions or no restrictions. These are half hearted measures that will make no difference. If you are happy with the current policy then fine. The new variant is here. It appears to be at least as transmissible as the Indian variant and we know how that went. Crippling the travel industry again will be devastating
Prove they will make no difference?

At a minimum they may give us a bit more time to understand the variant and plan more effectively. At best they save lives. Shame the government didn’t enforce these sooner in the first few waves.

f*** the travel industry over lives. You think the tories would put something in place that hits big business if it wasn’t absolutely necessary?

Make your mind up on your position.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:11 pm

Not true
Your statement that we have no restrictions isn’t true. In fact, it’s a blatant lie. Keep up.
Masks on public transport have always been in place. Nothing new there. Most of the major supermarkets will not enforce masks in shops. As I said , there are no restrictions in place to prevent the spread of this variant. We had full lockdown in place and did not prevent the spread of the Indian variant. Keep up
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

George wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:09 pm
Of course they make a difference. Id be happier with enforcement of the existing restrictions, then it'd make a bigger difference. Its not all or nothing.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

George wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:14 pm

Masks on public transport have always been in place. Nothing new there. Most of the major supermarkets will not enforce masks in shops. As I said , there are no restrictions in place to prevent the spread of this variant. We had full lockdown in place and did not prevent the spread of the Indian variant. Keep up
That’s not what you said though. You said the variant was already here and there were no restrictions in place. Please read back and understand the difference.

As you say, masks on public transport have always been in place, so we agree that there are restrictions in place.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Let’s hope they go all the way with lockdowns to stop this so George can go on a rant about how he doesn’t agree and won’t adhere to limits on his freedom.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:17 pm

That’s not what you said though. You said the variant was already here and there were no restrictions in place. Please read back and understand the difference.

As you say, masks on public transport have always been in place, so we agree that there are restrictions in place.
Sorry you don’t understand. They are not new restrictions
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:18 pm Let’s hope they go all the way with lockdowns to stop this so George can go on a rant about how he doesn’t agree and won’t adhere to limits on his freedom.
Funny how you can’t stand the Tories , bang on about them doing everything too late , and then when I agree you criticise me. Talk to me in 3 months when it’s the dominant variant.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

George wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:20 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:17 pm

Sorry you don’t understand. They are not new restrictions
You didn’t say we didn’t have new restrictions you said we have no restrictions. You were wrong, you know it, I know it, let’s move on.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

George wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:22 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:18 pm Let’s hope they go all the way with lockdowns to stop this so George can go on a rant about how he doesn’t agree and won’t adhere to limits on his freedom.
Funny how you can’t stand the Tories , bang on about them doing everything too late , and then when I agree you criticise me. Talk to me in 3 months when it’s the dominant variant.
Not sure why that’s relevant? But I do bang on about them because they have been a disgrace in managing this pandemic. That doesn’t mean I can’t agree with decisions that make sense now. Unlike you, I’m open minded.

Who’s saying it won’t be the dominant variant? Probably will be. Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be putting in steps to slow down its spread whilst we don’t understand it. Your arguments have no logic.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Masks in shops is a new restriction.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

It’s like arguing with a bot. Anyways, I’ve school him at every turn tonight so I’ll leave him to argue with himself, which he’s done plenty of time son this thread already