Tory Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Re: Tory Watch

Post by Disoriented »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:09 pm
Disoriented wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:58 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:56 pm

Yep,just like the Labour Party . Just watch what happens to Liebour during the Election
I will certainly watch them waltz the election.

What actually have they lied about by the way?
Promising to honour the referendum result and then changing their minds. Personally, I can’t wait for the election so we can get our hands on them
What Bonio wrote.
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

Fake news is a lie.

Mikero
PAM
Fresh Alias

Post by PAM »

BoniO wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:15 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:09 pm
Disoriented wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:58 pm

I will certainly watch them waltz the election.

What actually have they lied about by the way?
Promising to honour the referendum result and then changing their minds. Personally, I can’t wait for the election so we can get our hands on them
Do you really not recognise that when it comes to lying then Boris and his chums are in a different class? Boris could represent us at the Olympics for lying. Corbyn's Labour are sh*t at lying compared to Boris. Boris is the Messi and Ronaldo and Trump of lying. He lies a lot - do you get that?
Guess we should all vote Lib Dem then? Or are they the Phil Neville and Audley Harrison of liars?
Flying Hippo
Fresh Alias

Post by Flying Hippo »

"If only your posts concentrated more on reason than treason".

Thanks for the advice. Undoubtedly referring to "21 dirty, stinkin', cheatin', lyin' TORY RATS" would have been more palatable to some.

"For Brexiteers, a Labour-led government may now be their best chance of leaving the EU."

You're not the only one that had occurred to. Unfortunately a week later the Labour Party's position on this is now so contradictory and confused it's difficult to see how Labour can retain even a scintilla of credibility on Brexit, let alone anything else.

"But the problem is that it will soon become obvious to anyone paying close attention that any deal we strike with the EU will always be inferior to the one we currently enjoy. That's why for true Brexiteers, only a no-deal exit makes sense."

Indeed - and the farce at Westminster has actually made this more likely.

"Members say they do (although not really, they just want to revoke A50), but the PLP has no real appetite for a 2nd ref."

Correct.

"I've read some absolute tripe on here but you've raised the bar considerably with this post. Well done you! Please explain what was treasonous about demonstrating their opposition to that lying turd Boris and his undemocratic "plans"?"

When the emotionally incontinent are building up to the climax of their distress, only a sadist would engage with them.

"Brexit is just a meaningless word to describe a complex set of trading and cultural relations which either before or after leaving the EU will still have to exist in some form or other."

Correct - as far as it goes. The other major component is about "sovereignty". But "sovereignty' itself is a word which is now, for some, complacently fashionable to denigrate.

"Suspicious number of people registering to vote."

Correct - and, if one's interested in maintaining the integrity of ethical standards in voting, there's enough to worry about already in the potential abuse of postal voting.

"I think we've all had quite enough of experts"

Correct.

"Labour: when we win the next general election we are going to go to Brussels and get a fantastic deal. We will then put it to the people in a referendum and we will be voting against it."

"Just watch what happens to Liebour during the Election"

"A strange type of dictatorship that wants a general election so the people can decide who governs us."

"One of the parties is trying to have another (general election), but 5 other parties have refused - so want Britain closed for business. Why would you not want to sort this out?"

"(The Prime Minister) can now prove that parliament is against people wishes. Only 60% of labour and 70% of conservative constituencies voted to leave. These will go against remain parties potentially."

"If you don't intend to carry out the wish of the referendum, what was the point of having them?"

"17.5 million voted to leave the EU in the largest democratic vote in UK history. I don't remember on the ballot paper a bit that said if you voted to leave please go to question 2 ie. 'Do you want a hard or soft brexit or a deal or no deal deal. It was in or out. f*** all else, you can't keep changing the rules because you're throwing a hissy fit because you don't like the result. It's called DEMOCRACY, something you leftys just don't understand."

"You're still out of touch, get out of your bubble, out of London you'll get a vastly different Idea of how the country thinks"

"Scotland is another country and London...is another country. Who cares about them."

This is just the beginning. Democracy is predicated on both sides of the argument accepting the result. When one side's political philosophy has become so accustomed to dictating the social and political agenda that it forsakes that basic rule, it does so at its peril.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

I see the prorouging of parliament has been ruled unlawful by the Scottish Courts and it appears Spaffer lied to Her Majesty about the reasons for the suspension.

No respect for democracy by the ruling class going on there then.
Last edited by Max B Gold on Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Just wish all sides would respect democracy.
PAM
Fresh Alias

Post by PAM »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:57 pm I see the producing of parliament has been ruled unlawful by the Scottish Courts and it appears Spaffer lied to Her Majesty about the reasons for the suspension.

Top work by Lib Dem supporter Jolyon Maugham 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

PAM wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:18 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:57 pm I see the producing of parliament has been ruled unlawful by the Scottish Courts and it appears Spaffer lied to Her Majesty about the reasons for the suspension.

And a chapaeu to the wisdom of the Scotch judges.
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

"Just wish all sides would respect democracy."

Unfortunately with 'first past the post' the only democracy we get is a choice of two parties in government. This will now inevitabley change after the next election because the first thing the Lib Dems, who will hold the balance in a hung parliament, will demand is proper Proportional Representation giving us a democracy that will stop any governing party moving too far to the right or left.

Mikero
PAM
Fresh Alias

Post by PAM »

Mikero wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:12 pm "Just wish all sides would respect democracy."

Unfortunately with 'first past the post' the only democracy we get is a choice of two parties in government. This will now inevitabley change after the next election because the first thing the Lib Dems, who will hold the balance in a hung parliament, will demand is proper Proportional Representation giving us a democracy that will stop any governing party moving too far to the right or left.

Mikero
They'll choose a 2nd EU referendum over a PR referendum pal
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Good to see No 10 rebuff Farridge’s offer of an election pact. Surprised the “feck off Nigel” response was so robust, but pleased to hear it anyway.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

slacker wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:56 pm Good to see No 10 rebuff Farridge’s offer of an election pact. Surprised the “feck off Nigel” response was so robust, but pleased to hear it anyway.
Not sure they had much choice because Boris wants a deal and Niggle doesn't!

However, I suspect Herr Farage speaking at the Nazi AfD conference in Germany at the weekend didn't go unnoticed, especially considering what he said.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:31 pm

I am glad that the Scottish courts are coming to the rescue of all of us.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:02 pm
slacker wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:56 pm Good to see No 10 rebuff Farridge’s offer of an election pact. Surprised the “feck off Nigel” response was so robust, but pleased to hear it anyway.
Not sure they had much choice because Boris wants a deal and Niggle doesn't!

However, I suspect Herr Farage speaking at the Nazi AfD conference in Germany at the weekend didn't go unnoticed, especially considering what he said.
Did he say we should invade Poland?
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

Disoriented wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:13 pm

only till Tuesday. ;)
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

greyhound wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:52 pm

only till Tuesday. ;)
Ye of little faith.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

Disoriented wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:49 pm

only till Tuesday. ;)
Ye of little faith.

at least I have faith in my country not like you and most boarders on here. :evil:
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

You’ve got faith in Johnson & this shower of a Government? Blind faith, I’d call that.

No doubt most of us would muddle through the immediate chaos of a transition, but there will be casualties and a prolonged period of national self-harm if we no deal. I’m ok with leaving when we are prepared & with a reasonable deal, but I’ve still not seen a decent case made where it would be worth it to the country as a whole to just crash out.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

slacker wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:04 am You’ve got faith in Johnson & this shower of a Government? Blind faith, I’d call that.

No doubt most of us would muddle through the immediate chaos of a transition, but there will be casualties and a prolonged period of national self-harm if we no deal. I’m ok with leaving when we are prepared & with a reasonable deal, but I’ve still not seen a decent case made where it would be worth it to the country as a whole to just crash out.

you have your view I have mine.
being ruled by others is not my cup of tea.
lets just see what happens when we leave, if things don't workout just change it.
it may be blind faith in your eyes and others,to me its democracy without it we are nothing.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

I'm trying to work out what might happen

Extension til 31st Jan (not sure how this will happen)
No confidence vote
General Election
Labour and LD coalition
2nd Ref called
Remain
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

greyhound wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:23 am
slacker wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:04 am You’ve got faith in Johnson & this shower of a Government? Blind faith, I’d call that.

lets just see what happens when we leave, if things don't workout just change it.
it may be blind faith in your eyes and others,to me its democracy without it we are nothing.
So funny. :lol:
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

greyhound wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:23 am

Of course you're entitled to your view.

It's still wrong, though.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

so we leave. the EU tells all its other members we no longer do business with the UK.
all the German and French Com will stop doing business on the EU say so.
Com will go bust, workers will riot, its all scare mongering nothing will change.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

greyhound wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:40 am
Disoriented wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:49 pm

only till Tuesday. ;)
Ye of little faith.

at least I have faith in my country not like you and most boarders on here. :evil:
Oh. So those who disagree with you are not patriotic?

What a quaint view.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

greyhound wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:39 pm so we leave. the EU tells all its other members we no longer do business with the UK.
all the German and French Com will stop doing business on the EU say so.
Com will go bust, workers will riot, its all scare mongering nothing will change.
Come back in 12 months time and tell us that. Somehow, I don't think you will.