Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Ornchurch »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:14 pm I have a holiday to an amber country booked for August.

If I don't go, I will lose my money, there will be no refund as I am allowed to go.

Traffic light system is bollocks and done as a cop out - there should be a strict yes you can or no you can't policy.
Risk you take when you book a holiday. Your choice.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Ornchurch wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:39 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:14 pm I have a holiday to an amber country booked for August.

If I don't go, I will lose my money, there will be no refund as I am allowed to go.

Traffic light system is bollocks and done as a cop out - there should be a strict yes you can or no you can't policy.
To be fair, I suspect this is a rescheduled holiday from last year, and was originally booked pre-pandemic. I agree that anyone booking a holiday now is doing so at their own risk, but there's a lot of people caught up in this situation through no fault of their own.

While you may not be surprised that I'm sticking up for a fellow lefty, Hotdogs is right on this - the Government should make it a go/no go situation.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Of course. But it’s been (re)booked on the basis that if we cannot go due to Covid, we won’t lose our money, it’ll be held over (again).

If the country is amber, we can technically still go, so we will. That’s probably not for the best for this country.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dunners wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:48 pm fellow lefty
:lol:
E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

Mistadobalina wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:53 am
Clive Evans wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:36 am Reports in today's newspapers saying a very relaxed attitude at Heathrow and that many coming in from India are still not going into isolation. There are at least 4 senior Government Ministers of Indian origin. I wonder if this is a factor?
It's more that India is the biggest 'prize' for trade in the developing world. The government has been doing a whole charm offensive with Modi over the last few years and has gone out of its way not to piss him off. This is despite him being an absolute piece of sh*t leader introducing all manner of racist legislation in India and stoking prejudice against Muslim citizens.

The government's inability to deal with border control has been one of their biggest failings throughout the pandemic and will cost us again. The delay to red listing India is a baffling mistake and it looks like they will once again faff on making a difficult decision to halt the spread only to be forced into introducing more severe restrictions later down the line.
So all the stuff about voting for Brexit to regain SOVEREIGNITY from the evil EU has put the UK into desperation for trade deals, ANY trade deal, ANYWHERE, regardless of costs. The border was kept open for dozens of flights coming from India (but not from Pakistan even though Covid virulence was lower there).
Having got a trade deal with Albania (yes, Albania) and Australia (likely to put British beef farmers out of business), India was the hoped for big Brexit gain.

Quite apart from Johnson's desire to fly around the world on his special plane. :clown
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Dunners wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:48 pm

To be fair, I suspect this is a rescheduled holiday from last year, and was originally booked pre-pandemic. I agree that anyone booking a holiday now is doing so at their own risk, but there's a lot of people caught up in this situation through no fault of their own.

While you may not be surprised that I'm sticking up for a fellow lefty, Hotdogs is right on this - the Government should make it a go/no go situation.
Apparently it is fine to pop back to India still . I’m off to Spain next week
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:42 am It appears that Hancock told a porky
Says Fact Check .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/57172793
I reckon he has a farm now filling nicely.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Apparently there's a new triple mutant variant in the Yorkshire and Humber region - we are being told not to be alarmed but to remain vigilant.

Nicola Sturgeon said in her lunchtime briefing she will no longer refer to the "Indian variant" as that - because it "divides communities" - but will call it the "April 02 variant" (but still went on to call it the Indian variant anyway and also referred to the Kent variant). The SNP not wanting to "divide communities" - who would have thought it?

People in Bolton and a couple of other areas have been told by Sturgeon they are banned from travelling to Scotland from Monday. Anyone know how she is going to enforce the ban, other than asking nicely?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Last Wednesday:
2,696 new cases and 3 deaths

This Wednesday:
3,180 new cases and 9 new deaths

FFS.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Everything is starting to show an upward curve.

After seventeen weeks where numbers of infections, people in hospital and those needing ventilators have constantly fallen the last four weeks have seen small but steady increase in cases and this is now manifesting as more hospitalisations and more serious cases. however still at a low number compared with where we were in January.
KVN
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by KVN »

The schools are back and unmasked so it must be over.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

About time we introduced Vaccine passports and banned the unvaccinated from most areas of life
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Yeah. I understand the opposition to it to some extent but, f*** it, I'm so sick of this.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Top of the JES wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:26 pm Everything is starting to show an upward curve.

After seventeen weeks where numbers of infections, people in hospital and those needing ventilators have constantly fallen the last four weeks have seen small but steady increase in cases and this is now manifesting as more hospitalisations and more serious cases. however still at a low number compared with where we were in January.
Definately an upward surge in positive cases as a %age of tests up 50% (0,48%) on the previous week (0.31%) although the actual numbers are still relatively low. Still waiting for the release of Five days worth of healthcare data (Hospital Admissions/Ventilator patients) Deaths though are still at very low levels - No deaths today for the first day in months.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

The UK government could face legal proceedings unless it releases data on the spread of the Delta variant (B.1.617.2, first identified in India) of SARS-CoV-2 in England’s schools, which it has been accused of suppressing.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Is the Delta Variant more transmissible than the Indian Variant?
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Anyone worried about the Nepal Variant? Or the Vietnam Variant? Both been hitting the headlines this week with the Vietnamese Variant a multi mutation of the Indian Variant and the Kent Variant!

Some of us are old enough to remember when the Brazil and South African Variant were the Guvnors.
Jack
Fresh Alias

Post by Jack »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:00 pm Anyone worried about the Nepal Variant? Or the Vietnam Variant? Both been hitting the headlines this week with the Vietnamese Variant a multi mutation of the Indian Variant and the Kent Variant!

Some of us are old enough to remember when the Brazil and South African Variant were the Guvnors.
I note a slight tone of sarcasm in your posts on this subject. Am i correct?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

The Kent variant is still the best Covid in the world.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Jack wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:03 pm
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:00 pm Anyone worried about the Nepal Variant? Or the Vietnam Variant? Both been hitting the headlines this week with the Vietnamese Variant a multi mutation of the Indian Variant and the Kent Variant!

I note a slight tone of sarcasm in your posts on this subject. Am i correct?
I'm genuinely interested if anyone is worried (preferably if they're itk)

Seems to be a new variant every week but also seems to be the main thing that could screw up the vaccine rollout
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Portugal moved to Amber list

A lot of people's holidays screwed
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:04 pm The Kent variant is still the best Covid in the world.
I believe it is one of the good Covids.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Figures all going up again, its very worrying. Is this how humans end?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Over 5000 cases today, that's over 35,000 case a week.
There's no way Johnson can open us up on 21 June.
It's really worrying
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:40 pm Over 5000 cases today, that's over 35,000 case a week.
There's no way Johnson can open us up on 21 June.
It's really worrying
18 deaths nationwide

Have you had your vaccine?