Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Coronavirus

Post by faldO »

Unless there is an increase in hospital admissions and deaths - which there is not at present - there is little justification for another lockdown.

Won't stop people from calling for one though.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

In light of the new Indian variant, it is nothing short of madness to open up on Monday
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:17 pm In light of the new Indian variant, it is nothing short of madness to open up on Monday
Yes but they won Hartlepool & Bodge has a poll lead or something
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:17 pm In light of the new Indian variant, it is nothing short of madness to open up on Monday
We sat indoors all winter whilst , at the same time , this government allowed Indians to fly in and out of this country , to a country of concern , at will. I am not doing it again.
We trusted anyone who travelled to India to self quarantine upon return. Clearly, some did not.
Because of their criminal approach to travel and quarantine we may lose our freedoms and any hope of foreign travel again.
I don’t understand how this current government can continue to make the same mistakes and yet not be taken to task.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Reports in today's newspapers saying a very relaxed attitude at Heathrow and that many coming in from India are still not going into isolation. There are at least 4 senior Government Ministers of Indian origin. I wonder if this is a factor?
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

I think it's more down to incompetence than county of origin to be honest.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Probably wiser to blame selfish old people that refused the vaccine than laying the blame on brown people
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:45 am Probably wiser to blame selfish old people that refused the vaccine than laying the blame on brown people
This is a virus strain from India , brought into this country by Indians , and then spread by Indians into our wider society. The blame lies directly at the door of those selfish travelers and a government whose incompetence has no end
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

Going to be mutations forever - we have a level of herd immunity to cope - time to crack on domestically and trust in the vaccine. Best find out the consequences in the summer than next winter. No need to change the roadmap in anyway, although I would firmly discourage foreign holidays/jollies until at least autumn.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

George wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:56 am
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:45 am Probably wiser to blame selfish old people that refused the vaccine than laying the blame on brown people
This is a virus strain from India , brought into this country by Indians , and then spread by Indians into our wider society. The blame lies directly at the door of those selfish travelers and a government whose incompetence has no end
Correct, the only reason it is of concern though is there are large numbers of people unvaccinated where it is spreading
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:01 am
George wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:56 am
Correct, the only reason it is of concern though is there are large numbers of people unvaccinated where it is spreading
Wasn’t there widespread concern a few months back that South Asian communities were reluctant to take the vaccine?
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

BREAKING: Prime Minister Boris Johnson has announced that due to the new Indian covid variant people will now be offered the Pun jab.
Please start taking this Indian Covid Variant seriously!! My neighbour caught it and has been in a korma for a week and he's only just buried his naan.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Utterly hilarious
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Can't believe he had the Ben-gall to post that
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Glad the government is acting raita way
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Yeah. Not sure why people are so aloof
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Clive Evans wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:36 am Reports in today's newspapers saying a very relaxed attitude at Heathrow and that many coming in from India are still not going into isolation. There are at least 4 senior Government Ministers of Indian origin. I wonder if this is a factor?
It's more that India is the biggest 'prize' for trade in the developing world. The government has been doing a whole charm offensive with Modi over the last few years and has gone out of its way not to piss him off. This is despite him being an absolute piece of sh*t leader introducing all manner of racist legislation in India and stoking prejudice against Muslim citizens.

The government's inability to deal with border control has been one of their biggest failings throughout the pandemic and will cost us again. The delay to red listing India is a baffling mistake and it looks like they will once again faff on making a difficult decision to halt the spread only to be forced into introducing more severe restrictions later down the line.

This last week has felt the Christmas f*ck up all over again. Announce positive feel good news early in the week for the headlines, knowing full well that there are numbers indicating there are real problems at hand. They just don't learn. Vaccine roll out aside, they have ballsed up almost every aspect of the public health response.
Stamford O
Fresh Alias

Post by Stamford O »

The Volkswagen variant did for my mate.it ran him over
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

It appears that Hancock told a porky
Says Fact Check .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/57172793
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

Stamford O wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:20 am The Volkswagen variant did for my mate.it ran him over
.... and there's of course the Leyton Orient variant .. Im sure we all know about that ?
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Test & trace another major cock-up at Blackburn. See BBC news. Heads should roll.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

We are heading for a third wave.

People will go abroad to 'amber' list countries. Some of them will not have the required tests after they come back, nor will they all isolate for the required time. There will be little checking up on them, and the virus will mutate many times by then, and we will back to square 1, or near it
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I have a holiday to an amber country booked for August.

If I don't go, I will lose my money, there will be no refund as I am allowed to go.

Traffic light system is bollocks and done as a cop out - there should be a strict yes you can or no you can't policy.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:08 pm We are heading for a third wave.

People will go abroad to 'amber' list countries. Some of them will not have the required tests after they come back, nor will they all isolate for the required time. There will be little checking up on them, and the virus will mutate many times by then, and we will back to square 1, or near it
Have you had your microchip implanted yet?
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:14 pm I have a holiday to an amber country booked for August.

If I don't go, I will lose my money, there will be no refund as I am allowed to go.

Traffic light system is bollocks and done as a cop out - there should be a strict yes you can or no you can't policy.
But that would mean the Government making a "decision" which is never going to happen. Much better, for them, to leave it as woolly as possible so that they can then blame the plebs for messing it up.