Tory Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BoniO
Regular
Regular

Re: Tory Watch

Post by BoniO »

Flying Hippo wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:46 am Is it unreasonable to expel 21 Conservative MPs when they have effectively brought down their own government, emasculating it in any attempt to negotiate a withdrawal agreement with the European Union? This effectively destroys any prospect of leaving the EU thereby contemptuously disenfranchising the electorate of the United Kingdom.

Eight of these 21 were members of May's cabinet, indicating just how flawed and dishonest that entity was. Indeed, it became apparent yesterday that the former Chancellor had been seeking and accepting legal advice from the European Union's lawyers.

It's not a question about one nation conservatism, it's a matter of treason.
My word. I've read some absolute tripe on here but you've raised the bar considerably with this post. Well done you! Please explain what was treasonous about demonstrating their opposition to that lying turd Boris and his undemocratic "plans"?
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

BoniO wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:46 pm
Flying Hippo wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:46 am Is it unreasonable to expel 21 Conservative MPs when they have effectively brought down their own government, emasculating it in any attempt to negotiate a withdrawal agreement with the European Union? This effectively destroys any prospect of leaving the EU thereby contemptuously disenfranchising the electorate of the United Kingdom.

Eight of these 21 were members of May's cabinet, indicating just how flawed and dishonest that entity was. Indeed, it became apparent yesterday that the former Chancellor had been seeking and accepting legal advice from the European Union's lawyers.

It's not a question about one nation conservatism, it's a matter of treason.
My word. I've read some absolute tripe on here but you've raised the bar considerably with this post. Well done you! Please explain what was treasonous about demonstrating their opposition to that lying turd Boris and his undemocratic "plans"?
Is that the same Boris who voted against a deal and his own Prime Minister a few months ago? Isn’t that rather hypocritical? ;)
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Boris loses his motion for an Early General Election

Where next for the Alabi of politics

Sorry Jimmy i know you are not a bumbling fool.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Absolute farce. Won’t accept no deal, won’t accept deal on offer, unlikely to get new deal, won’t accept GE. The question is will the EU enforce the exit date, no deal by default. What the feck do our politicians want? Apart from a kick up the arse.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

dOh Nut wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:29 pm Absolute farce. Won’t accept no deal, won’t accept deal on offer, unlikely to get new deal, won’t accept GE. The question is will the EU enforce the exit date, no deal by default. What the feck do our politicians want? Apart from a kick up the arse.
To be fair Mays deal wasnt a deal fair to all 4 nations involved in the union.

Make it fair to all & maybe leave with a better deal becomes easier.

Unlikely i know .

We cant have a GE on brexit alone
That just isnt right.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

tuffers#1 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:37 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:29 pm Absolute farce. Won’t accept no deal, won’t accept deal on offer, unlikely to get new deal, won’t accept GE. The question is will the EU enforce the exit date, no deal by default. What the feck do our politicians want? Apart from a kick up the arse.

Unlikely i know .

That just isnt right.
Mays deal was poor. Johnson tried to play hardball to get a better deal and given the 30 days to come up with an alternative from Merkal, seemed to be getting traction. However The current situation at home weakens his hand. Can’t see any changes to the deal now. Foot shooting big time. The EU, who don’t want a no deal either can just sit back and do nothing. They hold all the aces.

No GE? Then another referendum. Meaning we will stay in the EU. Not because people want it but, like me, I’m sick of Brexit. Stay members even though we will be ruled from Brussels.

Never been so sick of politics.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Trouble is Doh the tories tried to bluff the Power of the EU which proves how incompetent they are & have become . Yet leavers still take pot shots at Labour the left & corbyn.

Regardless of what they might do in power , it is a consistent lack of planning co-ordination policy or even ideas that have hindered the entire conservative party.

The electorate needs to remember this forever & therefore lead to the extinction of this old dinosaur of british politics once & for all.
PAM
Fresh Alias

Post by PAM »

Well, at least we've got another 6-12 months now to prepare for no deal when Magic Grandpa inevitably loses the GE

How disappointing
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

We were never leaving on the 31st with no deal. You didn't really believe that, did you?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Stolen from the twitters:

Government defeats by MPs for each Prime Minister
Thatcher - 4 in 11 years
Major - 6 in 7 years
Blair - 4 in 10 years
Brown - 3 in 3 years
Cameron - 10 in 6 years
May - 33 in 3 years...

Johnson - 3 in 24 hours

:D
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

So taking the Johnson logic a little further, when he returns from the the EU with the deal he claims he is going to get and members of the ERG vote against it they will have the whip removed?

Mikero
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Why is it unlikely we’ll get a new deal?

I distinctly remember being told, on many occasions, that this was going to be the easiest deal in history.
PAM
Fresh Alias

Post by PAM »

Dunners wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:17 am We were never leaving on the 31st with no deal. You didn't really believe that, did you?
Never thought he'd get it through, still thinks Cummings wants it
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

dOh Nut wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:50 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:37 pm

Unlikely i know .

That just isnt right.
Mays deal was poor. Johnson tried to play hardball to get a better deal and given the 30 days to come up with an alternative from Merkal, seemed to be getting traction. However The current situation at home weakens his hand. Can’t see any changes to the deal now. Foot shooting big time. The EU, who don’t want a no deal either can just sit back and do nothing. They hold all the aces.

No GE? Then another referendum. Meaning we will stay in the EU. Not because people want it but, like me, I’m sick of Brexit. Stay members even though we will be ruled from Brussels.

Never been so sick of politics.
Rubbish. Boris wasn't getting any traction at all, you're just making that up. If there is another referendum it most probably will be a vote to stay in the EU but that will be because the younger generation will turn out this time, not just because people are sick of it. As for "Ruled by Brussels" well that always was a load of bollox but I'm not surprised that you feel the need to repeat it. If you wish to explain what you mean by that expression I'm all ears!
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Boris's brother resigns over Boris's handling of Brexit. Oh dear oh dear.........
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Seems like Brexit is doomed. GE needed asap whatever your viewpoint.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:28 pm Seems like Brexit is doomed. GE needed asap whatever your viewpoint.
Brexit is just a meaningless word to describe a complex set of trading and cultural relations which either before or after leaving the EU will still have to exist in some form or other.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

BoniO wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:17 pm Boris's brother resigns over Boris's handling of Brexit. Oh dear oh dear.........
Hilarious. :D
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

BoniO wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:17 pm Boris's brother resigns over Boris's handling of Brexit. Oh dear oh dear.........
This was supposed to be the easy first step.

I see instead of slow walking the bill through the house of Lords with almost 100 ammendments, they have now removed these and trying to let bill through so that they can get a fastrack an election before Oct 31st. Still no guarantee that Boris will abide by the Law. He isn't even negotiating with the EU, has brought no solutions forward whilst at the same time he keeps saying negotiations going well and he expects a good deal, (straight out of Trumps book), pure exaggerated lies. He didn't even try to block May's deal from coming back last night trying to keep in with the pro Brexit labour majority MP's.

This is History happening before everybody's eyes. Buckle up and enjoy the ride. Crazy what's going down.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Suspicious number of people registering to vote.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Not really. There were 600,000 people born in the England and Wales alone 18 years ago, so it's fair to assume a similar number have turned 18 this last year, and the news has been full of "there's going to be an election" the past few days. I'd be suspicious if there had been fewer registrations, to be honest.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

The experts say its unusually high.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

"I think we've all had quite enough of experts"
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Expect nothing less from the enemies of democracy.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Johnson, Gove, Mogg & Co:- Would you buy a used car from this Enterprise?