Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

He's a one-man double-pincer movement.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

New study suggests risk of blood clots from covid itself is 8 times higher than the AZ vaccine.

https://news.sky.com/story/risk-of-bloo ... y-12276088
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

10 deaths and 10,000,000 people double vaccinated - 33,000,000 had one vaccine [##]
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Really noticing that people seem to have abandoned the whole social distancing thing recently and are clearly flouting the rules based on the number of big groups meeting up and seen in gardens. There's one demographic group in particular who are making no effort as far as distancing is concerned and still getting far too close to other people in the streets and in stores without any care for the distancing rules. I've seen twice in the last week in pub gardens arguing and making things difficult to staff because "I've had both vaccinations" or "I've taken a lateral flow test and it says I'm ok" with absolutely no respect for the fact they were told after their second jab that they still needed to follow all of the guidance.

Second vaccination for me tomorrow.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Had my second jab today. While there noted several of the same demographic refusing to wait the mandated time after their jab to ensure they're immediate side effect free and becoming argumentative and rude when asked to stay. One has beaome very abusive and threatening too.
Last edited by Smendrick Feaselberg on Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Are you jabbing people?
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:58 pm Several of the same demographic refusing to wait the mandated time afterward to ensure they're side effect free and becoming argumentative and rude when asked to stay. One has just become very abusive and threatening too.
This is a bit of a mystery to me.

When I was jabbed - with the Pfizer one - I was asked to sit for 15 minutes to make sure I felt OK and so were all the others getting done that day.

When Mrs Spike was jabbed at the same centre 3 or 4 weeks later - but with the Astra Zeneca one - she was allowed to leave immediately, as were everyone else she saw.

We thought it might be something to do with me having the dreaded underlying conditions (that meant I got jabbed before Mrs S despite her being a wee bit older) but that doesn't seem to be the case. Other family up here who we've spoken to have had both types of vaccine, and some have been asked to wait and others have been straight in and out, and there doesn't appear to be any pattern. It's odd.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

StillSpike wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:04 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:58 pm Several of the same demographic refusing to wait the mandated time afterward to ensure they're side effect free and becoming argumentative and rude when asked to stay. One has just become very abusive and threatening too.

When I was jabbed - with the Pfizer one - I was asked to sit for 15 minutes to make sure I felt OK and so were all the others getting done that day.

When Mrs Spike was jabbed at the same centre 3 or 4 weeks later - but with the Astra Zeneca one - she was allowed to leave immediately, as were everyone else she saw.

We thought it might be something to do with me having the dreaded underlying conditions (that meant I got jabbed before Mrs S despite her being a wee bit older) but that doesn't seem to be the case. Other family up here who we've spoken to have had both types of vaccine, and some have been asked to wait and others have been straight in and out, and there doesn't appear to be any pattern. It's odd.
I was there for my second Pfizer jab. Same clinic both times and needed to wait after both times. The Mrs had her first Astrazeneca jab there a few weeks ago and also had to wait after.
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

Had my second AZ jab today, both times have left straightaway.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

:shock:
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:36 pm Really noticing that people seem to have abandoned the whole social distancing thing recently and are clearly flouting the rules based on the number of big groups meeting up and seen in gardens. There's one demographic group in particular who are making no effort as far as distancing is concerned and still getting far too close to other people in the streets and in stores without any care for the distancing rules. I've seen twice in the last week in pub gardens arguing and making things difficult to staff because "I've had both vaccinations" or "I've taken a lateral flow test and it says I'm ok" with absolutely no respect for the fact they were told after their second jab that they still needed to follow all of the guidance.

Second vaccination for me tomorrow.
A woman pushed up against the missus earlier in town to peer into our buggy and breath on my 5 month old. Silly fanny
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

StillSpike wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:04 pm

But presumably those who were asked to wait did so?
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Oh yes - didn't see anyone be other than polite and grateful for the work being done for our benefit.
Stamford O
Fresh Alias

Post by Stamford O »

Where I went you were asked to wait 15 mins only if you were driving
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Unbelievably, and despite warnings and plenty of evidence, we have decided to allow a new and even more worrying variant into the country. It has safe passage until 4am Friday when we will cease flights from India.
I really don’t see the point in lockdown measures if we are going to control the virus within the UK , only to top it up from elsewhere.
I am done with following the rules.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Stamford O wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:53 am Where I went you were asked to wait 15 mins only if you were driving
That's what happened with me but he said I could sit in the car and wait 15 minutes to make sure I was ok. Of course I completely ignored him and drove off at speed. I am, after all, a professional driver and need no advice from some syringe wielding desk jockey.
Last edited by Max B Gold on Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

George wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:52 am Unbelievably, and despite warnings and plenty of evidence, we have decided to allow a new and even more worrying variant into the country. It has safe passage until 4am Friday when we will cease flights from India.
I really don’t see the point in lockdown measures if we are going to control the virus within the UK , only to top it up from elsewhere.
I am done with following the rules.
How does "an alias" not following rules work then?
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Well , I am an alias on here but , of course , I am a real person outside of this.
But you conveniently chose to ignore the main point which was that while you have all been sitting indoors suppressing the spread of the virus , this government have been importing it from elsewhere.
Not much point continuing is there ?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

George wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:38 pm
Only some sort of moronic IMBECILE would say that.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:35 pm
I’m probably one of those as well. But , again , you are ignoring the point of the post
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

George wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:53 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:35 pm
I’m probably one of those as well. But , again , you are ignoring the point of the post
What is point post?
Wally Banter
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Wally Banter »

Ok, stop following the rules. Get out there and risk getting ill and/or passing it on to other people. That’ll achieve...a lot.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Ok. I will try and make it clearer. Firstly , incase you haven’t noticed , you are allowed out now. You , of course , are welcome to sit indoors. Infact , I recommend that you do. It makes it easier for me to get served.
And while you are sat indoors , 4000 Indians are flying in every week , and last week of those that came , 5% tested positive on arrival. It’s lovely that you are making it safer for them
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

George wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:29 pm Ok. I will try and make it clearer. Firstly , incase you haven’t noticed , you are allowed out now. You , of course , are welcome to sit indoors. Infact , I recommend that you do. It makes it easier for me to get served.
And while you are sat indoors , 4000 Indians are flying in every week , and last week of those that came , 5% tested positive on arrival. It’s lovely that you are making it safer for them
Good to see your Blaming Boris & the Tories
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

tuffers#1 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:33 pm
George wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:29 pm Ok. I will try and make it clearer. Firstly , incase you haven’t noticed , you are allowed out now. You , of course , are welcome to sit indoors. Infact , I recommend that you do. It makes it easier for me to get served.
It’s taken me sometime Tuffers , but on this matter I am
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

George wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:48 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:33 pm
It’s taken me sometime Tuffers , but on this matter I am
What you aren't criticising though is that this government allowed the Export of the
English Variant to India by allowing many people here to travel to India while being infected .

Only fair they should have the chance to bring another more up to date
Variant back wouldnt you agree